Kyosho FW-05RR Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho FW-05RR Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies on the TCD, I think I will stick to the normal diff. and also that they are expensive.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Can I use Lola body for my v one rrr ?

If so, what parts do I need to fix it ?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

o0ops ,,

The question above wasn't supposed to be asked in here.

Sorry ...
Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

anyone got any more pics of there RR.

Does the RRR perform better on the track for the Worlds or will we see team kyosho using the FW?
Old 02-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

FW-05rr wasn't used by team Kyosho at the winternats. I used the car and found it to do preaty good out there, the driver inexperience was the major problem do to the tracks and adjusting

I don't know if Kyosho will have drivers running this car there, although I hear that the car is far more popular in other countries, and this may be a factor to why there only two of us running it at the Winternats. I'm happy with the car and will cntinue to use it. After a year1/2 with the car, I'm now discovering the cars potential. Not much time to run it lately. The most time I have spent on the car was at the Winternats. I'll definitely be spending a little more track time with it this year.

havy
Old 02-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would say that the higher the traction, the better the FW-05RR is. And, I can tell you that after seeing havy and the rest of my buddies from Puerto Rico run their FW-05RR's, they are tough too!!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys, thought ide try here. i have chris tosolinis 04 fw05rr nats car for sale. with the body and tyres from that race. the car has a mugen in it now but everything else is the same, electrics, servos and such. i no longer race rc and would like to sell. i have alot of spares to go with as well as the starter box and about 10 pairs of tyres (foam of course). car is still setup as it came from the race. i ran it maybee 10 race weekends tops. just have no desire to race anymore. if anybodys interested gimme a pm and i could arange some pics and such. would like to get about $500 us if possible. thanks, drakonis.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey chaps my RRR should be arriving sometime this week. Your Fw05 RR was lookin very fast in first position in the main. Hope i can catch u in RRR still. Heard you beat my lap record by 1000 of a second. (Not bad for your second race day with the FW)
Old 03-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by havy
FW-05rr wasn't used by team Kyosho at the winternats. I used the car and found it to do preaty good out there, the driver inexperience was the major problem do to the tracks and adjusting

I don't know if Kyosho will have drivers running this car there, although I hear that the car is far more popular in other countries, and this may be a factor to why there only two of us running it at the Winternats. I'm happy with the car and will cntinue to use it. After a year1/2 with the car, I'm now discovering the cars potential. Not much time to run it lately. The most time I have spent on the car was at the Winternats. I'll definitely be spending a little more track time with it this year.

havy
Kyosho USA doesn't stock the FW kits, so the chances of the team running the car anywhere in the states is almost nil. Out of the US, I guess it could be an option for team drivers, but the RRR definitely has all the momentum behind it, and would be very surprised to see it driven by any of Kyosho's big names in competitions unless we see another update of the chassis.
With that said, and owning one, I sure won't be selling it soon. It's a solid car and performs well.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

About time it gets here ShAfTy.
Yeah the FW is looking good at the momment good setup for the track.
I am also going to test Elligi 40's foam tires (has anyone tried them?)
Currently using Jaco.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Im2lazy
Kyosho USA doesn't stock the FW kits, so the chances of the team running the car anywhere in the states is almost nil. .
Kyosho USA does stock the FW kits. They are instock, both R and RR.

Originally Posted by ChApS
About time it gets here ShAfTy.
Yeah the FW is looking good at the momment good setup for the track.
I am also going to test Elligi 40's foam tires (has anyone tried them?)
Currently using Jaco.
Kyosho USA also has "Red Box" tyres in stock. These are the Kyosho Brand Foams.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has anybody had a good look at the roll center on the back of the FW series cars, at the lowest setting ( using the L block) it is still higher than the highest setting (A upper) on my RRR..

I got bored and did this.. seems like development on these cars stopped when the RRR came out.

The difference is amazing
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho FW-05RR Forum-fw06rr1.jpg   Kyosho FW-05RR Forum-fw06rr.jpg  
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Thunder racer
darn trading are slow as. I used to work for my local Hobby shop and we have always said they were slow. because they are one of the slowest distributer weve eva delt with.

so im goin to the HK shops
i have to agree with you guys i am also in australia i bought an fw05r but now cant get parts so am going to sell it ang get something that i can get parts for but the answer from every hobby shop i have ask in my area is always the same they can not get parts out of dawn trading i have been waiting over a month now for a couple of parts nothing major set of dog bones & a shock cap i think this is riduculas that the australian importer cant supply these basic parts in under a month
Old 03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
Kyosho USA does stock the FW kits. They are instock, both R and RR.

Kyosho USA also has "Red Box" tyres in stock. These are the Kyosho Brand Foams.
yeah, my knowledge is old because I've been away from the scene for a while... thanks for the correction.

and SPRacer, sweet mod dude, something to definitely look into... again, a bit rusty but I think lowering the rear roll-center should give the rear end more predictable traction by allowing the car roll a bit more in the corners and rid the car of a washy rear end... great to correct the mid-corner and on-power capabilities of the car. Or so I imagine, but dreaming ain't nothing compared to reality. Need to try it on some of my many extra H blocks I got in my spares collection.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

I never noticed that the RR had any rear grip issues.
Nice Mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.