Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Black Widow

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Trinity Black Widow

I did a search and I found some useful information, but since the car's been out for a little now while I was wondering what people's take on it is? How does it drive, what are it's strong/weak points?

I'm looking to replace my Carpet Knife, and the Black Widow looks like it could be a contender.

-Frank
Old 01-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankW
I did a search and I found some useful information, but since the car's been out for a little now while I was wondering what people's take on it is? How does it drive, what are it's strong/weak points?

I'm looking to replace my Carpet Knife, and the Black Widow looks like it could be a contender.

-Frank

ping IIFast. He runs one local on our track. and does fairly well with it.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone else have any feedback on the Black Widow? Any set-up tips?

I got one on order, I'm hoping it will come soon.

-Frank
Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We're running the box stock setup except 30wt in the shock and it's a very nice, aggressive car. .
Old 01-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

-Frank
what search? http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ht=black+widow
Old 01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I found that thread in my search I was pretty much the only thread that had some good info in it. I was wondering that since it's been out for a little while, people might have some more info on the car. I really didn't want to look through almost 600 pages in the "12th scale" thread to find one or two small sentances on the Black Widow.

-Frank
Old 01-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am very close to being ready to do some testing on my black widow conversion car dubbed the "GiantKiller 12". i think the black widow as it stands is decent. but after running it a few weekends i think it is missing a few things. the strong ppoints have to be the rear end and the tbar/cross bar configuration. unlike earlier T cars. everything is square and solid.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hope to see it soon Ntensweapon, I know all the ideas sound great, you guys with Widows will have to keep your EYES open for this one!!!
Z said track bite came up fast, they are still stuck at 39 even on a fast layout....Can you say ass kicking coming

Roger T
__________________________________________________ _______________
TEAM DELTA
JACO
KO PROPO
POWERPUSH BATTERIES
DC MOTORSPORTS
REEDSPEED DREMIL WORKS
GIANTKILLER MOTORSPORTS
R.A.T. RACING
Old 01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

yep you'll see it soon enough. hope to have you piloting one real soon also. could use a good 1/12 scale wheel such as yourself. me you and fuelgun outta be able to put some good data together. just working on some minor details with the machinist.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

-Frank
Just be aware if you buy a Trinity car and they decide to replace it and sell something else you'll have a hard time finding parts.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Just be aware if you buy a Trinity car and they decide to replace it and sell something else you'll have a hard time finding parts.
I don't know why peole always say things like this as ihave bought parts for my Refelx 12 with no problems at all. My LHS called Trinity ordered the parts and then I had them. If you call Trinity you can usually get the parts that you need. And a another point is if you don't hit stuff you won't break.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I don't know why peole always say things like this as ihave bought parts for my Refelx 12 with no problems at all. My LHS called Trinity ordered the parts and then I had them. If you call Trinity you can usually get the parts that you need. And a another point is if you don't hit stuff you won't break.
The Reflex12 I bought was assembled and has never been run.The ex-owner sold it because of the parts availability problem.When I bought it I went to Trinity's site to order some spare parts and couldn't even find evidence that Trinity even produced the car!If you want, I'll sell you the car for what I paid for it.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

usually you can call trinity direct and get parts. i've had very good luck that route, when hobbyshops or online couldn't help. its even hard to get some NEW parts from trinity online. talk to Toni, she'll hook you up.

while it may be true on small items, you don't have to buy a whole bag of parts to get a certain part. i.e graphite. you can still buy graphite by the piece.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Good thing about this car is that it's got a AE front end. No problem finding parts for that and I belive you can also use an AE(style) T-Bar.

Roly
Old 01-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, you can use AE T-Bars just make sure you get 2 bags of AE pivot sockets (only 1 set per bag).

Last edited by jg727211; 01-07-2006 at 08:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.