Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

3Racing Sakura Advance Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by toolman207
Are you able to tell me what size body fits the 3 racing advance 1/10 ? 190 or 200?

thanks
I race mostly in spec classes which require a spec body and/or tires. That said, my Sakura Advanced is run in USGT and I use a 190mm USGT approved body.

I don't see why you couldn't run a 200mm body though. You would need to use the correct offset wheels to flush the wheels out to the body to fill in the gap.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run a 200 on mine with a 3mm front / 6mm rear HPI offset wheels.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks very much for the info guys.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi everyone, I've recently just purchased the Sakura Advance Touring Car chassis kit (it's in transit as we speak) This will be my first on road RC car and my first real attempt at competing at some sort of comp level. For anyone reading this don't panic I do plan to crawl before I try and walk but i'm looking for some advice on a few things. I've read on this forum that the outdrive cups are a little fragile and that a good replacement would be from the Tam 417? would someone be able to give me a part number?

I've also seen a couple of people swapping out the spur gear, I assume this is to give better pinion/spur ratios? I've attached a link to the track I'll be primarily racing at bendigorccarclub.com/about-us/ I'm just wondering if someone could tell me by the footage and info if that's classed as a short or long track? and also maybe what spur and pinion would be worth testing?

I do plan to talk to the guys at the local club but I imagine some of you guys are quite competitive and possibly race at multiple locations, experience counts for everything and some of you no doubt if not all of you have the runs on the board.

I plan on doing a build video as there doesn't seem to be much footage on youtube at the moment.

thanks in advance and a big G'day to everyone on the forum.

Trav
That looks like a nice track in Aussie, where it is hot and warm right now.

Out of the box, the car will work great on asphalt. Setup tools are highly recommended, if you don't already have them.

I ran my Sakura xi with an FDR of 3.6 this past summer at my local asphalt track, and intend to start there again with this car. To get to 3.6, changing the spur gear was necessary.

417 outdrives are difficult to come by these days. But spare 3Racing outdrives are very easy to come by now - and very affordable.

If this is your first car, I recommend buying some arms, hubs, and knuckles, as the lightweight graphite ones will likely fail when you first test the boards.

Have fun and good luck!

I am certain that you will get plenty of pointers at the local track, but please keep in mind that the Sakura is followed by a black cloud over its head. People don't like hearing that a fully capable race car was purchased for $250 USD, when they have probably spent triple that amount on their own car.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
That looks like a nice track in Aussie, where it is hot and warm right now.

Out of the box, the car will work great on asphalt. Setup tools are highly recommended, if you don't already have them.

I ran my Sakura xi with an FDR of 3.6 this past summer at my local asphalt track, and intend to start there again with this car. To get to 3.6, changing the spur gear was necessary.

417 outdrives are difficult to come by these days. But spare 3Racing outdrives are very easy to come by now - and very affordable.

If this is your first car, I recommend buying some arms, hubs, and knuckles, as the lightweight graphite ones will likely fail when you first test the boards.

Have fun and good luck!

I am certain that you will get plenty of pointers at the local track, but please keep in mind that the Sakura is followed by a black cloud over its head. People don't like hearing that a fully capable race car was purchased for $250 USD, when they have probably spent triple that amount on their own car.
Thanks for the awesome info, I thought as much about the frame but i'm happy with my decision. My electronics is where i spent the money

ESC: hobbywing XR10 PRO ESC
Motor: 13.5 Turn v2R FR-1 Works Edition PLUS Brushless Racing Motor
I also have a fan that sounds like a jet for cooling.
Stearing servo: Futaba BLS551

Within regards to the spur gear change do i use the teamA spur gear that you used?
Old 01-16-2017, 04:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Based on this information below

Final Drive Ratio = Transmission Ratio (Drive Ratio)
Final Drive Ratio = Diff/Pulley (Spur/Pinion)
Final Drive Ratio = 40/20 (66/34)
Final Drive Ratio = 2.0 (1.94)
Final Drive Ratio = 3.88

I was able to workout how FDR works and what spur and pinion combos to play with.

so glad i came here.

btw i did have a guy tonight place that black cloud above me when I mentioned what chassis i was using. Just means 10 times the pain for him when he gets flogged
Old 01-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Finally received my screws, nuts, and shims. Here it is after everything was swapped out:

The screws and the shims don't quite match exactly, but at least there is no more pink
Old 01-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Has anyone got a good set-up, for this chassis? 17.5....USGT.....VTA.....?
Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by alphaqgti
Finally received my screws, nuts, and shims. Here it is after everything was swapped out:

The screws and the shims don't quite match exactly, but at least there is no more pink
Looks sweet, I also like your rims what sort are they?
Old 01-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Attending an out-of-town event this weekend. It'll be on ozite, which is what I'm comfortable with. I'll post a setup once I get back.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Looks sweet, I also like your rims what sort are they?
Thanks! The wheels are Dynamite pre-mounted 10 spoke wheels with the spec Ride USGT tires (part# DYN7957). I use these for practice since the tires that are mounted are the same USGT Spec RIDE RIE24025 tires. These Dynamite wheels cost about $8-$10 less than the Gravity pre-mounted wheels. I use the actual Gravity wheels only on race days.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by alphaqgti
Thanks! The wheels are Dynamite pre-mounted 10 spoke wheels with the spec Ride USGT tires (part# DYN7957). I use these for practice since the tires that are mounted are the same USGT Spec RIDE RIE24025 tires. These Dynamite wheels cost about $8-$10 less than the Gravity pre-mounted wheels. I use the actual Gravity wheels only on race days.

I just bought myself a set, I'll need something to use while im getting a feel for things. Do you get reasonable tire life when using just for practice?
Old 01-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just bought myself a set, I'll need something to use while im getting a feel for things. Do you get reasonable tire life when using just for practice?
The Ride tires hold up very well and stay pretty consistent through the life of the tire. You can easily run them bald and they still work.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mooby64
The Ride tires hold up very well and stay pretty consistent through the life of the tire. You can easily run them bald and they still work.
Good to know, thanks!
Old 02-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Tech Rookie

hi, im new to the hobby and i just bought this model its on its way! but i know i have to purchase pinions so i was wondering witch pitch and teeth i should go with...
i have trouble finding the right answer from what i bought.
*Yeah Racing Hacktronic-D Street Drifting Sensored Brushless ESC 10.5T XTA Hackmoto Motor Combo #HTN
and lipo 2s 3000mAh batery.

So what should be a nice set-up if i want to make it RWD only(and is it a good idea), pinions and spur (size, pitch, etc.)(cuz i dont like the white plastic one) if i want to ride on asphalt, and be able to switch easily to a carpet surface set up.

Please and thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.