Wiki Posts
Search

name my car...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default name my car...

Hi guy's Ive just joined the forum.

can you tell me what kind of car this is?
pics

And, I'm trying to remove the clutch bell, sofar Ive guessed that I have to remove the C clip on the end of the axel, but it still wont slide off. Do I have to take off the pullstart and loosen it off from that end?
I havent done this before if you havent guessed.

I need to find out the make and model to replace one of the little steering arms which has snapped. (see pics) If I cant find the correct one, can I get one from another car to fit?
The car is about about thre years old, I bought it second hand two years ago.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Rookie

sorted the clutch problem, it was just a bit stiff.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Suspended

It looks like a really old duratraxx truck,or even a megatech....I'm going to do some research and see what i can find out.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, if it helps, the engine is made by force models. It might not be the origional though, as I say, its second hand so I have no idea of its past.

Last edited by ChrisRC; 12-30-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I think it could be the GV Tomahawk
Old 12-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

you ledgend, your right. Thanks for the help guys, saved me alot of trouble. off to order some parts....
Old 12-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

what is the website for GV??
Old 12-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Great Vigor is owned by another company. If I find the link I'll let you know. It's out of production, but they are still pretty cool. I have a GV Super Cobra that sits on the same chassis. My diffs are burnt out on it so if you can find parts let me know. I had a link to a site that stocked parts, but none for out cars.

Check this out and see if it looks familiar to you... My GV uses a Kyosho gas tank, a Futaba radio, and an O.S. engine.

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/SuperCobra.html
Old 12-31-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That looks just like a megatech nitro razor....only in blue.... you may wanna check to see if the parts are interchangeable......
Old 12-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Just checked out the megatech one, the parts look the same, only difference is that there is a plate conneting the two little arms, whereas I have a steel rod. I recon with a bit of bodging it could fit. My local shop can get ahold of GV parts quite easily for cars which are in production. They are trying to order the instructions for my car so I can order parts. I'll try and find out who distributes them, its one shadowy company....

In relation to the super cobra. From what I can see, the chassis is the same, the diffs are different. It seems like the parts in the middle are the same, but wheels diff, wishbones etc are different. have you got a picture of the little steering arms? I have a force models engine, and un-named fuel tank. I used radio gear from my spares, but the servos which were on it when I bought it are futaba. It is second hand, so these may not be origional parts though.

reciver mounting area.....its a bit of a bodge isnt it...

Last edited by ChrisRC; 12-31-2005 at 10:36 AM.