Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I'm testing Lipo and ESC position. Be a while before I settle on a couple of options. You need to do the dame. Test, make notes, change something and do it again. After I get this weeks race behind me I might change it. Depends on how good it drives and hooks up. Its ongoing and part of the fun

Stock servo horn works fine. For good aluminum horn that fits right the first time, get the Losi servo arm with the correct spline count for the servo you plan to use. https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...lr1557/p203507
Old 10-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I use the 22 servo arm

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1555
They come in 23, 24, 25 spline versions to match you servo.

I run ESC in the front of the chassis as I mostly run indoor clay tracks however truck works great on all the tracks I run on for the JBRL series that covers, indoor, outdoor, lower to VERY high bite.
I haven't run my truck yet. Just finished the build tonight complete with electronics. Ive also got the 2.0 with the esc up front; with the 3.0 build I installed the ESC in the rear. What have you noticed the big differences in driving and handling characteristics between front and rear mounts. Turn in; turn out? flying/jumping? Stability?
Old 10-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Honestly I have never run the ESC in the back since we moved it forward on the 2.0. Guys that run loose outdoor like it back appearently but from the 2.0 testing I have kept it forward for the tracks I run on mostly.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Just noticed that the manual calls for +4mm shock spring cups front and rear. My kit only had one set of +4 cups. So if your missing the +4mm spring cups I would order some. Those will help get the right ride height.
did you put the + 4 spring cups into the rear of your truck
Old 10-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

I installed the ESC to the rear as I did not have a long enough sensor cable. Ran for the first time last night for a few laps on carpet and first impressions are excellent. Could get it much lower that the Tekno so will be better indoors and played with the motor angle. Started with the straight motor but soon moved to the 3 deg angle as it was too oversteery. I need a lot more front end turn in but the tyres were very worn so will do more testing on Sunday on an outdoor astro track.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Just noticed that the manual calls for +4mm shock spring cups front and rear. My kit only had one set of +4 cups. So if your missing the +4mm spring cups I would order some. Those will help get the right ride height.
I had the same issue.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by powerjames
I had the same issue.
what kind of ride height all y'all looking for? Im able to get with the box springs and springs cups +4 frt and std. rr 28 pretty easy. mind you though the spring adjustment is really low on the thread but not all at it limit. I have tried to see what i could get max height to. I can easily do Mayfield and Dunford's 25-26 and still have thread showing.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Springs

Originally Posted by r schowengerdt
did you put the + 4 spring cups into the rear of your truck
I do my best to only post facts as I know them. Check your kit before getting mad or ordering parts you don't need.

Spring chart is here: http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...ing-chart.html

I had a set of bad rear springs in my kit and was also missing the +4 spring cups for the rear. This should be corrected in the kits soon and it would appear that not all kits are having this issue. With the kit rear springs/Std cups and no threads left to adjust collar, My 3.0 was dragging the rear chassis down the straight. If I had only installed +4 spring cups it would not have been enough. I initial installed TLR5169 replacement RED springs and was able to get 26mm ride height, but no threads left on collar. Then I installed the +4 cups on rear and it was perfect. The spring cup package TLR233021 contains four +4 cups and standard cups as well. Manual shows it should have +4 cups front and rear so it is a warranty item if they were not in your kit. If you call Horizon they will make this right.

After I got the shock springs and cups sorted on my 3.0 it feels so good on the bench, close to the same way my 2.0 feels! For the first time I can set proper ride height and got my camber where it should be.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

how is everyones 4wd short course class treating them. right now i have an xb4 and an xb8. im thinking i might buy another xb2 or maybe the tlr scte 3.0. im just afraid short course is a bit of a dying class, thoughts?

on the contrary, i really like the look of this truck...seems like they hit it out of the park with it.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Anti squat

This question is for Ryan. Do you run two and a half degree of anti squat in this truck or do you run two degrees, the kit set up in this truck. The truck was really good last night but it just felt a little loose coming out of the corner that is why I was asking the question camber link location is a 3 B track is rain man's Hobby and possibly could you post the setup sheet when you ran the kbrl race there at that track thanks guys really nice truck
Old 10-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

This question is for Ryan. Do you run two and a half degree of anti squat in this truck or do you run two degrees, the kit set up in this truck. The truck was really good last night but it just felt a little loose coming out of the corner that is why I was asking the question camber link location is a 3 B track is rain man's Hobby and possibly could you post the setup sheet when you ran the kbrl race there at that track thanks guys really nice truck
There's a typo should have said Jbrl
Old 10-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kit build is 2* anti squat
Old 10-08-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lyons238
how is everyones 4wd short course class treating them. right now i have an xb4 and an xb8. im thinking i might buy another xb2 or maybe the tlr scte 3.0. im just afraid short course is a bit of a dying class, thoughts?

on the contrary, i really like the look of this truck...seems like they hit it out of the park with it.
Class strength is really track by track. There are tracks here in so cal the class is really strong some not so much so you have to address this on our own local area to see how the class is.

We were running the OCRC setup from casper-rc.com

http://casper-rc.com/images/TEN_SCTE...02_reduced.pdf
Old 10-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Class strength is really track by track. There are tracks here in so cal the class is really strong some not so much so you have to address this on our own local area to see how the class is.

We were running the OCRC setup from casper-rc.com

http://casper-rc.com/images/TEN_SCTE...02_reduced.pdf
I thought that was the setup you guys were running. thank you Casper
Old 10-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah I mean my track has a decent class ATM for 4wd sc but it seems to be dwindling a bit. I was just curious as to what others have been experiencing.

I'd rather buy a short course than a 2wd buggy I just prefer my 4wd stuff for the most part. 2wd can be fun at times as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.