Search
Like Tree61Likes

Team CRC Gen X 10 R/T

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gravity Dodger
Question for those who have built the kit, I used the 5mm spacer for the front A arm as recommended in the instructions and my front ride height is still 7mm did you guys use shims to bring it down to 5mm? I've gone through the instructions several times to see if I assembled something wrong but everything looks right.
First race at 386 raceway with the new car and came back with a win. And tq. I built the car box stock and had the same issue using 5 mm shim up front. I ended up using the 4 mm and 3 mm blocks combined and got to 5 mm ride height. The car was good right out of the box. The major difference I noticed was good corner speed. .3 tenths faster than older car. I'm very happy with the decision to get the new car.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
What caster blocks do you guys run up front?

Are you guys gluiing the sidewalls of your front tires?
I used the 10's and yes I glue my sidewalls both front and rear for Fastrac II.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

What major changes in the car have been done. I'm thinking of getting another car for spec175 racing. Would this car be better suited for foam tire racing.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fermanracer
What major changes in the car have been done. I'm thinking of getting another car for spec175 racing. Would this car be better suited for foam tire racing.
You might have an issue with ride height if you run your foams small. The car was designed for the tall rubber tires.
You would probably need different rear pod plates and you would remove the spacers from the front (run the front arms like a 1/12 scale).
Old 07-19-2016, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

I'm running just the 5mm block and an orange shim out of the #4262 pack......
Old 07-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_dude
You might have an issue with ride height if you run your foams small. The car was designed for the tall rubber tires.
You would probably need different rear pod plates and you would remove the spacers from the front (run the front arms like a 1/12 scale).
Thanks. BW. I figured that. Car was so easy to drive. I definitely saw a difference between the se slider and gen xrt.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys, looking for set-up suggestions for my new r/t car. The track I run at runs a short track series during the Summer (80x30 apprx) and has the new CRC carpet but doubles as an off road track so astro is placed over it weekly leaving debris even though the guys diligently vacuum it and the layout is different every week so initial traction is low but by mains grip is good but not over the top.
I built my car mostly stock with 5º caster, mid front width, long wheelbase, .45F/.50S, red center spring long shock cup, 10k tubes, full forward inline battery, .5 toe out, 1º camber, and I don't know the exact amount of droop but I have maybe 1.5 override height front and rear. The car felt good in the slower technical part of the track but had a severe on power push and bad push mid to exit on the high speed sweeper. I made two changes to the car that both helped but didn't completely solve the issue, first I added camber to 1.5 and second I used a stiffer speed merchant gold center spring. During the mains car felt better with the increased traction levels but still had a ton of push. I was looking for a setup sheet for this car but I realize its so new so any suggestions or links are appreciated. I included a pic of tonights track for reference.
Thanks,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails Team CRC Gen X 10 R/T-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 07-21-2016, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gravity Dodger
Hi guys, looking for set-up suggestions for my new r/t car. The track I run at runs a short track series during the Summer (80x30 apprx) and has the new CRC carpet but doubles as an off road track so astro is placed over it weekly leaving debris even though the guys diligently vacuum it and the layout is different every week so initial traction is low but by mains grip is good but not over the top.
I built my car mostly stock with 5º caster, mid front width, long wheelbase, .45F/.50S, red center spring long shock cup, 10k tubes, full forward inline battery, .5 toe out, 1º camber, and I don't know the exact amount of droop but I have maybe 1.5 override height front and rear. The car felt good in the slower technical part of the track but had a severe on power push and bad push mid to exit on the high speed sweeper. I made two changes to the car that both helped but didn't completely solve the issue, first I added camber to 1.5 and second I used a stiffer speed merchant gold center spring. During the mains car felt better with the increased traction levels but still had a ton of push. I was looking for a setup sheet for this car but I realize its so new so any suggestions or links are appreciated. I included a pic of tonights track for reference.
Thanks,
Paul
I didn't measure my actual caster but I started with the 10 degree reactive blocks. Caster was originally all shims back and the car did what you said, on power push. I moved two shims to the front and the push went away. No other changes. I also run the rear even to .5 higher in the rear.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Any particular preferences in body choice for this class or anything to look for?
Old 07-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer x 1
Any particular preferences in body choice for this class or anything to look for?
I run the protoform pfm.10 . I like the handling. Good speed also
Old 07-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Any advice on more traction off throttle turning in. My car could use just a touch. More front bite turning into corners. I use sxt. 3.0 car is built box stock with 5 degree castor blocks. Ride height equal at 5mm. Front and back. And 1.5 degrees of Neg camber. I heard cranking in more on the center spring may work.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fermanracer
Any advice on more traction off throttle turning in. My car could use just a touch. More front bite turning into corners. I use sxt. 3.0 car is built box stock with 5 degree castor blocks. Ride height equal at 5mm. Front and back. And 1.5 degrees of Neg camber. I heard cranking in more on the center spring may work.
That does not stiffen the car but raises the rear ride height. If you have a ESC with adjustable drag brake, try adding 5% more than you have. That sets the car into a corner and aids turn in. Another trick is push brake but I set the drag for 90% of the track and use push on the really tight corners. More caster makes the car turn in.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_dude
That does not stiffen the car but raises the rear ride height. If you have a ESC with adjustable drag brake, try adding 5% more than you have. That sets the car into a corner and aids turn in. Another trick is push brake but I set the drag for 90% of the track and use push on the really tight corners. More caster makes the car turn in.
Thanks for the help. I'm gonna t r y a few of those and see what happens. Wgtr racing at 386 raceway is heating up.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Already have a WGT-SE to WGT-R conversion; but, now building a new Gen-X 10 R/T.

Here is my upgraded optional parts list for those that may be interested:
#32462 Bronze Lower Arm Ball - Prostrut (smoother than stock)
#40194 Hard Anodized Teflon Coated Pivot Ball (center pivot)
#13616 Hard Anodized Side Link Balls
#1260 CRC Team Standoffs 1/2" H (bling)
#3344 Ti(tanium) ProStrut Upper Pivot Ball (possibly just a bling item; but, I like them)
#1261 Battery O-ring (to run battery in optional sideways position)
#3408 Encore/VCS Spring - White (red and white seem to handle most situations on carpet)

Lunsford 45mm titanium tie rods with TOP Racing's open-style rod ends (used on their TC cars). Bulletproof!
Lunsford 4-40 titanium screws (to replace certain red aluminum ones provided in kit). Note: I use slightly longer screws (2 each @ 1/2" long) in the left rear hub that go all the way through the threads in the hub to prevent any stripping issues.
Ceramic balls (16) in spur gear
#134 Slapmaster Thrust Bearing Kit for rear axle (love this upgrade)

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 07-31-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 07-31-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Build Question...Battery Position

Question...Is anyone convinced that running the battery in the side-to-side position at the back is the way to go.

Thinking that Dumper may be back to the down-the-center battery position per most recent photo on the CRC website...If that is his chassis being shown.

Thanks.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 07-31-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.