Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm planning to get a high end drift chassis but not sure which one so need help. I was thinking of the Tamiya VDF 2, MST MS-01D GT or Team Magic E4D MF Pro. Which one of those three do you think is best out of the box, easy to maintain and just simply THE BEST? If you had a different chassis in mind please let me know. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sam9
Hey guys, I'm planning to get a high end drift chassis but not sure which one so need help. I was thinking of the Tamiya VDF 2, MST MS-01D GT or Team Magic E4D MF Pro. Which one of those three do you think is best out of the box, easy to maintain and just simply THE BEST? If you had a different chassis in mind please let me know. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
I just asked this same thing 4 posts before you

Still haven't gotten any opinions
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

to be honest, I would rather get the yokomo dib, it has some sweet stock angle, and counter steer kits for it and I think there is a one way and solid axle? I have the ta05 VDF and there are to many problems such as not enough steering angle. Im not sure if it has been fixed on the vdf2 but i would just get a DIB. hope that helps.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lucid
I just asked this same thing 4 posts before you

Still haven't gotten any opinions
Yeah I know that's why I asked again and hope someone replies giving opinions since the demand is high
Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nolo148
to be honest, I would rather get the yokomo dib, it has some sweet stock angle, and counter steer kits for it and I think there is a one way and solid axle? I have the ta05 VDF and there are to many problems such as not enough steering angle. Im not sure if it has been fixed on the vdf2 but i would just get a DIB. hope that helps.
Yeah I've heard the same about the VDF's where you need to tune to a lot. Never really heard about the yokomo dib though, will be checking that out now..
Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

the only problem with yok stuff is you cant find ANYWHERE in the US that sells it. at least not that I know of.
I dont wanna drop the money on a nice kit and have it shipping from hong kong and getting stuck in customs for whatever reason.

so that pretty much narrows it down to E4D MF pro / VDF2 / TC-FD

opinions on the best out of those three? I know the VDF2 and MF pro are spanking new and only about a month old
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

the only problem with yok stuff is you cant find ANYWHERE in the US that sells it. at least not that I know of.
I dont wanna drop the money on a nice kit and have it shipping from hong kong and getting stuck in customs for whatever reason.

so that pretty much narrows it down to E4D MF pro / VDF2 / TC-FD

opinions on the best out of those three? I know the VDF2 and MF pro are spanking new and only about a month old
That is true, have you thought about going on csjunkies or rcdriftrevolution and see what there opinion is on these two cars? Those are probably the 2 more popular drift forums.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

ive tried to register on some of the other drift forums, but my account never gets created.
guess they think im a spammer.

seems the majority of all the serious people about it run yok stuff.
I just dont wanna deal with large amounts of money and waiting weeks for overseas delivery.
a set of wheels or something isnt as big of a deal but
Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

ive tried to register on some of the other drift forums, but my account never gets created.
guess they think im a spammer.

seems the majority of all the serious people about it run yok stuff.
I just dont wanna deal with large amounts of money and waiting weeks for overseas delivery.
a set of wheels or something isnt as big of a deal but
around how much are you looking to spend on a drift kit?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

If the performance is enough to justify the cash then I don't really care

I've got a couple grand in a nitro buggy and easily 1500 in my sct

Price isn't as big of a deal, I want in stock parts in the US and something I don't have to spend another 200 in ups to get results
Old 10-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've got an E4D MF PRO on the way. I get to pick it up on Tuesday. I'll le you know how it oes and the quality if it too.
So far I just know it looks freaking cool in pictures.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've got an E4D MF PRO on the way. I get to pick it up on Tuesday. I'll le you know how it oes and the quality if it too.
So far I just know it looks freaking cool in pictures.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

I'm a Tamiya lover so I say VDF 2. That said, I've been into RC long enough to know that really you should go for something that has alot of support. Both for parts and for hop ups. It seems that all of the better high end drift cars come from Japan but parts are a little bit more hard to come by.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i just got the VDF ver2 3 weeks ago and out of the box its way better then ver1

now i own many chassis and im sorry but my VDF ver2 is nothing like my E4D mf pro or my MST FS-01D red as there better then the VDF ver2

but both chassis cost more then the VDF ver2
Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by td-civ
now i own many chassis and im sorry but my VDF ver2 is nothing like my E4D mf pro or my MST FS-01D red
Does that mean the VDF2 is better then the E4D MF Pro and the MST FS-01D or the opposite? I'm confused

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.