Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

heres some more

Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone know if CS chassis other than the tamiya vdf, and HotBodies TCFD?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by twisted concept
anyone know if CS chassis other than the tamiya vdf, and HotBodies TCFD?
Street jam Ota R31,Fijon MDF,Spice srd-01,MST MS-D01,RC art white wolf,TEH-R31,Yokomo DRB,D-like CE-R,enroute jxr
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Drift Racing

I've been drifting for a couple of years now(off and on) and I find it very relaxing compared to racing. I even managed to win a drift competition in Chicago about a year ago. This year I convinced my local track owner to start a new drift racing class. It wasn't that hard to do, after a few exibition runs by me, everyone was really interested in trying drifting. Even some of the hardcore racers are running this class now. The rules are simple, run any motor, esc, body etc. Now some of the people have fully decked out bodies with lights, spoilers, underglow, intercoolers, mirrors etc. The only rule is we all run my homemade abs drift tires. Since you can't stop the regular race classes and have a regular drift comp we use transponders just like the "normal" racing classes. Drifter with the most laps wins and no you really can't cheat by not drifting cause there is not enough traction on carpet to drive the cars normally. Below is a little video from the GRD Performance open house that I won the competition at. The semi and the black Mercedes are mine.

+
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video + YouTube Video ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed. "> + YouTube Video ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed. " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:31 PM
vj3
Tech Initiate

Default how to fix drift tyre

Hi bro, wana ask you guys how you fix in drift tyre to your wheel. I found on youtube they are using a hot water to warm the tyre and freze the wheel. in the video they did until i heard "click". but i have no success to fix in.

My wheel something like this r2hobbies-com/images/rcvp3320061/01.jpg there is a lip (most) outside and (most) inside of the wheel. I tried to insert the tyre from outside of wheel, but the tyre stuck on the inside wheel's lip. If and I insert the tyre from inside of wheel, the tyre stuck on the outside wheel's lip. i pushed until my finger hurt like a hell

anyone succeeded, please advise. or did you guys just leave it like that? normally you fix in from inside of wheel or outside?

Thanks and happy new year to all.
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-cimg5361.jpg   The Drift Thread-cimg5359.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

I've personally never ran or mounted those tires. It looks like from your pics there is more of an angle on one side of the tire than the other. The angle cut is to allow room for the tire to clear the body when running alot of negative camber. As far a mounting them goes you have two options and I use both depending on the compound of the tire. If the tire feels like it has some rubber in it I use a hairdryer and heat the tire up from the inside then position them on the rim and let them set. After cooling I sometimes will run a bead of CA glue aroung the inside bead of the tire. The second method I use is for really hard tires with more of a plastic feel to them. I prefer to sand the edge of the rims down with a Dremel tool to make the tires slide on then apply a bead of CA around the inside bead. I've bought alot of rims and the height varies greatly from rim to rim. Also if you are glueing to chrome rims use the dremel to remove the chrome first.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

A few of my drifters

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Drifting in a 4th of July parade with Slot&Wing Hobbies
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by pettyeagles; 12-31-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Nissan Skyline body i did with a cockpit and driver..

+ YouTube Video
Old 12-31-2011, 06:15 PM
vj3
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pettyeagles
I've personally never ran or mounted those tires. It looks like from your pics there is more of an angle on one side of the tire than the other. The angle cut is to allow room for the tire to clear the body when running alot of negative camber. As far a mounting them goes you have two options and I use both depending on the compound of the tire. If the tire feels like it has some rubber in it I use a hairdryer and heat the tire up from the inside then position them on the rim and let them set. After cooling I sometimes will run a bead of CA glue aroung the inside bead of the tire. The second method I use is for really hard tires with more of a plastic feel to them. I prefer to sand the edge of the rims down with a Dremel tool to make the tires slide on then apply a bead of CA around the inside bead. I've bought alot of rims and the height varies greatly from rim to rim. Also if you are glueing to chrome rims use the dremel to remove the chrome first.
ouch, this tyre more plastic than rubber. ok, i just did that, but i trimed the inside part of tyre. it can slide in, but i never thought using CA, and yes, it slide out back. Thanks for your advise
Old 01-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is rc drifting dead? were are all the drift tracks and events. I live in vegas.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:12 AM
vj3
Tech Initiate

Mine, from old touring tyre to new drift tyre. Just tried again to fix in the drift tyre from inside of wheel, but same, im not good in this so i fix back the tyre from outside rim. looks nicer.
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-cimg5362.jpg   The Drift Thread-cimg5363.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is there an official e10 thread, all I can find is a bunch of small threads asking about the car in general
thanks in advance
Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

what uuup guys! im a newb to the rc drift world so dont hate lol. I race sc trucks and want to get into drifting. Ive been putting together a df03ra rally car and was wondering if i can maybe throw some stiffer springs on it and use it for drifting? i was going to get a drift box just to get used to it. So far it has full ball bearings, 3 racing shafts, and a hobby wing 9t/60a setup on a 2s 5000mah lipo. I was thinking it should do ok? just get some sushi drift tires? what do you guys think?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

any one have the ofna jl10e drift
I saw it and look nice for the price $120 but I would like to know if it worth it
http://www.ofna.com/jl10e-drift.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.