Search
Like Tree27Likes

Vision Racing Products (VRP)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
I have 1.6x2 front and 1.4x3 rear in EU Pistons as recommended to me awhile ago but can't remember why.. Also have an additional 1.6x2 I can use for rear as well. Run med/high (Ocrc) bite clay. Running stock buggy. Should I keep these or try the v2? Also, should I stick to the 2 hole all around and what is the advantage of 1.4x3. Thx much!
For med-high grip I always like the EU. Depending on what rear end setup you are using (Shocks in front or rear of arm), will depend on what piston will feel better in the rear. If you are running the shocks on the front of the arm, I'd recommend the 3x1.4.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Do the VRP pistons require the washer on top of the piston on a b6? What is a consequence if hey are installed without one? Dont have any washers...what size are they? Thx
I race an AE B6. I recently returned to electric RC offroad racing. My last 1/10th scale race car was a Losi XXX.

I have full sets of VRP pistons (4 of each size) from 2 hole 1.5 to 1.7 and recently purchased 3 hole 1.3 and 1.4. All were purchased from the Amain Hobbies website.

From some of the preceding posts there seems to be confusion as to which pistons fit what cars. The confusion is really in the shaft being used and the descriptions and compatibility listings of the pistons on the various websites that sell them.

Prior to the B6D and B6 the shock shafts are 3mm shafts with e-clips to retain the piston on the shaft. The B6D and B6 are 3mm shafts machined at the piston end to 2.5mm and uses a 2.5mm x 6mm steel flat washer (not to be confused with the VRP1/10XV2 washer) and a 2M x 4mm button head screw to retain the piston to the shaft.

VRP has two distinct part numbers for their pistons that fit these two different shock shafts.

The VRP pistons that fit the 3mm e-clip shafts (AE B5 models and earlier) have part numbers like VRP2H1.5.

The VRP pistons that fit the 3mm x 2.5mm shafts (AE B6 and B6D) have part numbers like VRP2H1.5V2.

If you go to the Amain Hobbies website and look at the compatibility listings for either model piston the B5 and earlier and the B6 are listed whether the part number has a V2 appended to it or not. So, it is very easy to order the wrong part and find out the hole is either too small and ream it, or the hole is too big and the piston is moving all over the place on the shaft, neither of which is the fix to the problem because of the different thickness and retaining hardware required.

VRP please review the compatibility lists at the large online retailers that sell your products and make sure that it is easy to select the right parts for your customer’s car. Maybe mentioning the size of the hole in the piston is all that would be required for most of us.

VRP pistons are high quality racing pistons. They are the closest you can get to 2-stage pistons at this scale. You will feel the difference. Once you get the oil viscosity figured out you will have a race car that comes off of large jumps that settles quickly and increased traction in the bumpy sectionsfrom the quick rebound.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:32 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

For the b6, a vrp washer still goes on top of the piston before the screw, correct? This is in addition to the kit washer beneath...Thx
Originally Posted by johnel48
I race an AE B6. I recently returned to electric RC offroad racing. My last 1/10th scale race car was a Losi XXX.

I have full sets of VRP pistons (4 of each size) from 2 hole 1.5 to 1.7 and recently purchased 3 hole 1.3 and 1.4. All were purchased from the Amain Hobbies website.

From some of the preceding posts there seems to be confusion as to which pistons fit what cars. The confusion is really in the shaft being used and the descriptions and compatibility listings of the pistons on the various websites that sell them.

Prior to the B6D and B6 the shock shafts are 3mm shafts with e-clips to retain the piston on the shaft. The B6D and B6 are 3mm shafts machined at the piston end to 2.5mm and uses a 2.5mm x 6mm steel flat washer (not to be confused with the VRP1/10XV2 washer) and a 2M x 4mm button head screw to retain the piston to the shaft.

VRP has two distinct part numbers for their pistons that fit these two different shock shafts.

The VRP pistons that fit the 3mm e-clip shafts (AE B5 models and earlier) have part numbers like VRP2H1.5.

The VRP pistons that fit the 3mm x 2.5mm shafts (AE B6 and B6D) have part numbers like VRP2H1.5V2.

If you go to the Amain Hobbies website and look at the compatibility listings for either model piston the B5 and earlier and the B6 are listed whether the part number has a V2 appended to it or not. So, it is very easy to order the wrong part and find out the hole is either too small and ream it, or the hole is too big and the piston is moving all over the place on the shaft, neither of which is the fix to the problem because of the different thickness and retaining hardware required.

VRP please review the compatibility lists at the large online retailers that sell your products and make sure that it is easy to select the right parts for your customer’s car. Maybe mentioning the size of the hole in the piston is all that would be required for most of us.

VRP pistons are high quality racing pistons. They are the closest you can get to 2-stage pistons at this scale. You will feel the difference. Once you get the oil viscosity figured out you will have a race car that comes off of large jumps that settles quickly and increased traction in the bumpy sectionsfrom the quick rebound.

Last edited by JAE; 11-19-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had a issue w/ the vrp v2 ae washers, I have the screw top shafts but had to use a ae washer on top. The ae washers are larger in width then the vrp and covers more of the valve then the vrp washer would. I'm not sure if the valve is loosing and rebound but I would rather have been able to use the washers that the instructions say to use. In the next week or 2 I may get some pistons for my ST once I figure out how to drive it
Old 11-19-2016, 05:07 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

anymore news on the rear long shock tower?
Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JAE that is correct. The VRP washer is a 2mm x 6mm. Assembly is AE washer followed by the piston followed by the VRP washer followed by the screw. Be sure to thread lock the screw.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

The AE V2 need the washer on top correct. You can use a slightly bigger washer on top of the pistons, but be careful on the diameter where the screw goes through. The washers we supply fit the screw just right. I dont see any real reason to run a different washer than what you are supplied.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:27 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone know a common washer sold in a hardware store or any RC brands that sell the same size washer in a hobby shop? I ordered 3!packs of the wrong ones from vrp and now have a bunch of 8th scale washers my bad
Old 11-21-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Soon to be released from VRP is a B6 series Battery Strap. This can be used with or without the stock waterfall. One very cool part is you can remove the 2 lower screws while the battery is still screwed down and quickly adjust your battery position.
Attached Thumbnails Vision Racing Products (VRP)-b6-strap-1.jpg   Vision Racing Products (VRP)-b6-strap-2.jpg   Vision Racing Products (VRP)-b6-strap-3.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Legend

whats the weight? Looks like what Exotek I think is doing, just in graphite for exotek.

Last edited by Cain; 11-29-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi vrp, I just got a t5m that is pretty dialed but would still be interested in running your pistons on it like every other race vehicle I have. My question is what pistons do you recommend for it? I run modified class w/ a 8.5t on medium/high grip clay w/ medium/big jumps. I would like to try the euro style ones because of the description saying they fit nice. Thank you and v2 kashima shock bodys
Old 11-22-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
whats the weight? Looks like of like what Exotek I think is doing, just in graphite.
Its .4 grams heavier than a stock battery strap and waterfall. So it is light. The Exotek is similar, but their battery adjustment is much less accurate. Ours you can accurately move your battery due to the way we made the adjustment slot.

You also can have the battery screwed down and be able to adjust the placement of it by removing the 2 screws holding the strap to the side rails. We should be releasing it very soon. Also will have the tall rear tower as well.

Last edited by "Smiley"; 11-22-2016 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racingnewb
Hi vrp, I just got a t5m that is pretty dialed but would still be interested in running your pistons on it like every other race vehicle I have. My question is what pistons do you recommend for it? I run modified class w/ a 8.5t on medium/high grip clay w/ medium/big jumps. I would like to try the euro style ones because of the description saying they fit nice. Thank you and v2 kashima shock bodys
I would recommend 2x1.6 front and 2x1.7 rear. If you are running on a high bite track, try the EU version.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Its .4 grams heavier than a stock battery strap and waterfall. So it is light. The Exotek is similar, but their battery adjustment is much less accurate. Ours you can accurately move your battery due to the way we made the adjustment slot.

You also can have the battery screwed down and be able to adjust the placement of it by removing the 2 screws holding the strap to the side rails. We should be releasing it very soon. Also will have the tall rear tower as well.

good stuff. Seems more and more are making this. Will you guys look into a fan mount of sorts?

Looking forward to seeing the rear tower in black
Old 11-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
good stuff. Seems more and more are making this. Will you guys look into a fan mount of sorts?

Looking forward to seeing the rear tower in black
Yes, we are looking at possibly doing some kind of fan mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.