Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
top 10 nitro tourers >

top 10 nitro tourers

top 10 nitro tourers

Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After watching the worlds DVD from brazil and David Spachett saying that they tested both and then ran the RRR cause it was faster, i think that says it all about V1-RRR to FW05-RR.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

the kyosho team drivers were given a choice between the fwo5rr and v-one rrr. Most of them choose the rrr as most of them had experience on 1/8 racing and the rrr was plain faster.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RRR WCE

G4RR

MTX-4
Old 12-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up My choose

For me, until I'll put on the track my MTX, my best car is the MTX3. On the past I've driven others like NTC3 (a blast, but delicate in too many aspects - leave of using because 'polithical matters'...).

Yokomo GT-4w was hot, but their time passed very quickly.

I'll plan to put on the track my new acquisition probably next weekend, probably I'll change my thinking, but one thing is for sure, for me (IMHO) the best car out there is a Mugen.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i was watching the raywoods stuff on brazil and i agree that the RRR is faster but i think you find it was the choice of the FW-05R (not the RR) and the v-one RRR and Ito was the only one with the R and held led most of the Qulifying race . i also noticed most of them used the RRR because of there 1/8 scale background and of Brazils unique track with that 3 metre climb to the top the RRR had a better setup option for them to get fast quickly.

And now that the RR has the RRR absorbers it should have better handling .

Suppose theres a big wait on the IFMAR worlds in 06 to decide how the cars go.
Also i don't think the RR has been at many large race meets this year.

Also i think they are made for completly diffrent track types like low grip and high grip open and tight tracks
Old 12-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

710 was never been more expansive then RRR....they are very much the same price tag, however, RRR WC is fully loaded version, it is easily $50 USD more then 710.

There are no reason to compare these top car.....winning the world champ does not make the car "the best".

If these world champion driver running a HPI RS4 vs me running a RRR WC or S710, I can bet they can run me over laps after laps because of their driving and setup skills.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

good point but if they had a better car they are goin to be faster
Old 12-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

I think the biggest difference is what has been said before and thats driver ability and setup skill. The thing that i think you have to take into consideration is each cars tuning window, Kyosho and Mugen are pretty close in terms of getting them right ie: they have quite a large tuning window. Serpent how ever seems to have a reasonably small window and they seem to be either you have it right or you have it way wrong, there doesnt seem to be a in the middle. Thats what i have seen anyway. My choice would be the MTX-4 of coarse, from building my own they have made some good changes and i think that this car will be a nice car to drive and will be quite quick
Old 12-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

If your car is 100% then you can drive 100%
Old 12-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

To some extent that is true, it just depends wether your hung over from drinking OP Bundy from the night before.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

yeah
there nothing that redbull cant fix.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

comparing prices, i would have to go with the MTX4. its more affordable than the RRR and if your thinking of the podium positions, another factor you could consider is the driver.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

I suppose it always comes down to the driver anyway.
at the momment i have a RTR kyosho fw-05t which i got to get into nitro tourering i got to say it is a good car but when it gets down to performance against v-one RRR with o.s TZ and novarossis it just can't hang with them.
and for a while i have been testing a mates fw-05RR and i was beatting the RRR's and knocking off average 3 seconds the first time i drove it. compared to the fw-05T(which isn't stock) it handles much quicker and it's easier to drive and since we should be doing almost identical times as we have the same driving style same racingline and same tecnique around the track. ive been researching for a new pro tourer and i have got nothing against mugen or any other pro tourers i just been trying to find the car which would suit my driving and the parts avaliability. And were i go to they don't supply mugen or serpent Only really Kyosho and Associated
Old 12-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Then that should really make your decision for you as parts supply is a major factor
Old 12-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah I suppose the FW-05RR would be my choice.
SLO-MTX4 does any Fw-05RR race were you are if so how competitive is it against the MTX4 in you're appinion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.