Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
How Do I Get Power from Batt to FET Servo >

How Do I Get Power from Batt to FET Servo

How Do I Get Power from Batt to FET Servo

Old 12-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default How Do I Get Power from Batt to FET Servo

Hey guys I could use some help. Two of our cars are running non FET ESC and we want to run KO's 2123 FET Servo.

How do I steal power from the battery??? + or -??? to the FET Lead from the servo. Also anyone know if the LRP Sphere works with the KO FET??

Thanks for any help you can be.

Merry Christmas from Timezone Racing
Old 12-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i dont know if u can do this but i ran mine to the motor + tab on the speed control with the other wire
Old 12-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'm not very familiar with that esc, but almost every esc has a small fet wire specifically for that purpose. It's usually a small 22 guage wire, only about 1in long, that comes out of the front of the esc's case with the receiver wire.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MAD916
Hey guys I could use some help. Two of our cars are running non FET ESC and we want to run KO's 2123 FET Servo.

How do I steal power from the battery??? + or -??? to the FET Lead from the servo. Also anyone know if the LRP Sphere works with the KO FET??

Thanks for any help you can be.

Merry Christmas from Timezone Racing
Just connect the inductor that came with the servo to the + wire that runs between the battery and the ESC. If your ESC does not have exposed wire connections, you can open the case and solder to the internal connection; then just feed the wire out of the case with other wires. You could also cut a small opening in the insulation and solder the inductor wire onto the power wire.

Plug the FET wire from the servo into the inductor and you are all set.

The 2123 is a great servo and by using the FET power you ensure full servo speed because you don't have to worry whether your ESC supplies 5V or 6V to the servo.

Ira
Old 12-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

If your servo comes with extra single wire ( blue wire I guess ), connect it to positive red battery directly ( 7.2V max ).
Old 12-24-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys will do.... the LRP Q2 I have has the FET lead, but the LRP sphere does not...... we'll break out the sodering iron today..

Thanks