Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree272Likes

Serpent Project 4-X

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-21-2016, 06:09 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Serpent Project 4-X
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WagwanBumba
Introduction
This is a wiki page for the new and very interesting concept 4-X from Serpent. This is wiki is meant to develop and grow as more is understood about the car.

Serpent's Product Page - http://www.serpent.com/product/400030
The 4-X Development Story - Here

Manual - Here

Spring Chart
SOFTEST
  • 401705 Spring white C4.4 4X (2)
  • 401706 Spring yellow C4.9 4X (2)
  • 401707 Spring orange C5.5 4X (2) = kit
  • 401708 Spring red C6.3 4X (2)
  • 401709 Spring pink C6.9 4X (2)
  • 401710 Spring blue C7.6 4X (2)
  • 401711 Spring purple C8.4 4X (2) = kit
  • 401712 Spring greenC9.5 4X (2)
  • 401713 Spring grey C10.9 4X (2)
  • 401714 Spring black C12 4X (2)
HARDEST

Build Tips

RCBuilds.net Build, tip guide and youtube video - http://www.rcbuilds.net/builds/onroa...nt-project-4x/
Heave + Roll Damper Build Tips
Pivot Ball Nut Tip

Setups

Setup Tips

Ride Height Adjustment
Adjusting tweak with roll damper
Usage of washer on lower arm
Tuning ARS

Option Parts List

Social Media

Facebook 4-X Group

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If its not to much trouble can someone give me the dimensions of the spring in the 4x? I am working on a little custom project and was wondering if if this spring would work
Old 08-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser
If its not to much trouble can someone give me the dimensions of the spring in the 4x? I am working on a little custom project and was wondering if if this spring would work
Don't have the exact dimensions but they are about 10mm long and they would fit over a normal shock shaft which is about 3mm or so. Much smaller than a normal TC spring.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Don't have the exact dimensions but they are about 10mm long and they would fit over a normal shock shaft which is about 3mm or so. Much smaller than a normal TC spring.
Do you by any chance have a rough idea of the diameter
Old 08-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I'll grab the spring specs after work. Pm me and remind me. Almost 45 my senility is kicking in. Lol
Old 08-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Orange heave spring. 4.55mm od. 3.3mm id. And 8.9mm long.

Blue roll spring. 9.53mm long 4.75mm od. 3.3mm id.
G-rem likes this.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 08-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm noticing a number of these going up for sale. Is there a issue with it?
Old 08-29-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Billy Kelly, I don't think its an issue with the car, I believe that its just an issue with the tuning of the car. Mine is going up for sale because of my lack of true knowledge of tuning a car like this, I want to move to a more traditional style of touring car.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rcking112
Billy Kelly, I don't think its an issue with the car, I believe that its just an issue with the tuning of the car. Mine is going up for sale because of my lack of true knowledge of tuning a car like this, I want to move to a more traditional style of touring car.
Thanks. Might be most honest ansewer I've ever gotten. I'm interested in the 4x. But it's mostly curiosity as i don't know if I'll ever run the proper surface for it. As for tuning on standard TC, I'm still learning. I've just started racing this summer after 6 years in hobby. Finding it's tough to tune on a parking lot surface that's never really the same week to week
Old 08-29-2017, 12:14 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcking112
Hmmm
I heard was not getting support service and part are hard to get, plus tuning in the car aren't easy as others TC ..That is just my reason not getting one is cuz there are three or more onwer are no longer running their X-4

ps still is a cool TC

Last edited by OVA; 08-29-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I'm noticing a number of these going up for sale. Is there a issue with it?
Well that benefits me because I'm one of the ones that bought a used one to try. The initial price of entry was quite high but has now fallen to reasonable levels.

I just got mines so I haven't been able to run it yet. I see people complain that all TC's are copies of one another and here comes the 4x that is really different and is why I wanted one.

Now, is it harder to work on? For me, the car has a lot of moving parts...TINY moving parts and I have small hands! Set up wise its just different but the main principals are still there. Parts are harder to source but as long as you plan ahead there should be no problem. There is a lot more support on the Facebook group though than here. It's a cool car for sure and without having run it yet I still don't regret getting one.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Well that benefits me because I'm one of the ones that bought a used one to try. The initial price of entry was quite high but has now fallen to reasonable levels.

I just got mines so I haven't been able to run it yet. I see people complain that all TC's are copies of one another and here comes the 4x that is really different and is why I wanted one.

Now, is it harder to work on? For me, the car has a lot of moving parts...TINY moving parts and I have small hands! Set up wise its just different but the main principals are still there. Parts are harder to source but as long as you plan ahead there should be no problem. There is a lot more support on the Facebook group though than here. It's a cool car for sure and without having run it yet I still don't regret getting one.

Same here. Haven't bought yet but looking a a few used ones listed here. Not too concerned about about parts availability. I've got more then a dozen touring cars, really haven't broken much on them combined. Even the F1 and 1 touring car I do race.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Same here. Haven't bought yet but looking a a few used ones listed here. Not too concerned about about parts availability. I've got more then a dozen touring cars, really haven't broken much on them combined. Even the F1 and 1 touring car I do race.
I have a just built but never ran for sale. Health is why I'm selling, no other reason. Its a very cool car and it was fun to build too. Parts are not hard to come by really, there just aren't many places stocking the parts, but all you have to do is place an online order, planning ahead just a bit. The car is tough and doesn't break much at all. There were a couple of improvements that some of the 4x community took care of like a support brace for the bulkheads. In fact if you really look and understand the car, the total part count is quite low that you would need to run one. The big issue is for some, the heave damper will get air in it and needs to be rebuilt but that is easy and only takes a little bit of time.

Steve
Old 08-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

The 4x with the latest upgrades (vertical deck etc) makes the car SO much easier to drive.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoLost
The 4x with the latest upgrades (vertical deck etc) makes the car SO much easier to drive.
+1 very much so. I hope they'll release an EVO kit soon with those bits as standard. I really likes my 4x before those parts and now I love the car. I'm as fast with the 4x now than I was with my 411 4.0 before and I'm confident with more setup work and practice the car will go even faster.

I find my 4x a breeze to work on and setup. I don't get why people say it's difficult to work on? Sure the setup is different but it isn't difficult.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.