Search

Best Radio for Nitro CArs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Best Radio for Nitro CArs??

Hello guys,

Which is it the best radio for nitro cars? m11, helios, and 3pk seem to be equally matched.. need input b4 buying Thanks

Fritz
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

People buy for preference. There is no "best" radio. Go to the LHS and hold them. See what one you like. I prefer my JR Z-1/EX-10 Helios.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
People buy for preference. There is no "best" radio. Go to the LHS and hold them. See what one you like. I prefer my JR Z-1/EX-10 Helios.
I agree. Go with what attracts you. Feel them see what you like. I think of all the radios the Futaba has a really fast response time. Meaning less delay to your inputs which gives you a more live feel...rather than a drive and watch.

But yeah feel them out. I chose futaba because of the good pricing , easy to get ahold of , there somewhat lighter weight and fast response. They also have nice servos.

Statistically more pro drivers use the m8/m11 , but they say a lot of people are starting to switch to the 3pk. I personally think the m8/m11 is too large for my tastes. But then again who cares what I think. Its all about you.

Good luck.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I agree wqith the last 2 posts & thats what I did myself & O love my helios
Old 12-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fritzD
Hello guys,

Which is it the best radio for nitro cars? m11, helios, and 3pk seem to be equally matched.. need input b4 buying Thanks

Fritz
I use an M11 but chose it over the others because its similar to my long used M8. It's a matter of preference. Only thing I noticed of the M11 over my m8 is that there are more features and a very big instruction manual.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I love my M8, not planning on upgrading to the M11 for a while. Best thing is, right now you can get an M8 dirt cheap on ebay since the M11 is out. The M11 has a lot of nice features, but I dont even use half the stuff on the M8 so why spend all the extra coin? But whatever feels good to you is what counts. The VRX Li-Po made a big difference on weight also for the M8
Old 12-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I love my 3PK!! Alot of people here in San Antonio use the Helios.... Just like cars, it's just the one you prefer..
Old 12-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run a Spektrum based 3PK and am very pleased with it, although it is a little more battery hungry when running the Spektrum system compared to a standard Futaba frequency module.
Some people have commented that the 3PK feels a little heavy in their hand.....probably the best thing to do would be to get a feel (demo in your LHS) of the various transmitters youre considering and then make a decision based on what feels most comfortable and user friendly.
Cheers
Old 12-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

I have 2 Futaba 3PDF radios ... and i love them ... i dont like the volume on those M8/M11/3PK radios ...

Pat
Old 12-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
I run a Spektrum based 3PK and am very pleased with it, although it is a little more battery hungry when running the Spektrum system compared to a standard Futaba frequency module.
Some people have commented that the 3PK feels a little heavy in their hand.....probably the best thing to do would be to get a feel (demo in your LHS) of the various transmitters youre considering and then make a decision based on what feels most comfortable and user friendly.
Cheers
In my 3pjs I get more time out of the TX. Spektrum even states youll get more run time as they use less power.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have a 3PDF, but I'd really like spektrum and the other features. It also kinda destroyed two of my Hitecs mysteriously . The JR is settling in and it seems to work great! I love it. It's still a KO helios in my eyes and it clearly says at the bottom...Ko Propro! HAHAHA!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the input guys! it seems that helios, 3pk, and m11 are at the same price here. so it all comes to down to me... i think i'll be getting a 3pk. thanks!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm a little late but i agree with what everyone has said, go with what you fell comfortable with. In my opinion i love a soft throttle level thing with a bit of movement for my finger and a easy to turn wheel. Futaba nailed it and i love the feel
Old 12-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fritzD
Thanks for the input guys! it seems that helios, 3pk, and m11 are at the same price here. so it all comes to down to me... i think i'll be getting a 3pk. thanks!
Make sure you get the Titanium Black ver. 3pk if you want the best.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I prefer the Futaba 3VCS myself. It's basically a 3PK, but in a 2-stick verson. With a pistol grip radio my throttle hand gets exhausted during a long main. With the 2 stick I run a neck strap, so I don't really even have to hold the radio up. I can concentraite on driving more. It also allows me to be a little more precise on the throttle and steering inputs.

-Frank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.