Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Which 1/8 RTR's meet the mark? >

Which 1/8 RTR's meet the mark?

Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Now that I know 1/8 scale buggies are still the class to be in... I need a buggy.

What do you guys think of the Ofna Ultra MBX Comp... it's priced right at $320 (Tower Hobbies). Is it good enough to keep me in the race?

Or, what other RTR's or affordable kits would you guys recommend? I hear the Jammin is good, too.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah Jammin X1 RTR is pretty good. Try also the Ofna Hyper 7 RTR. It's also good. I think you only need better servos for these. MBX comp is also pretty good but the jammin or hyper 7 are better. If you really want the best, try Kyosho Inferno.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

The best bang for the buck is the OFNA ultra LX comp. It has pretty good features and you can find them for $265. I have owned an Inferno 7.5 rtr, Ultra comp rtr, and Jammin rtr. The best performer was the Jammin. The worst was the Inferno. But the best deal was the Ultra LX comp. I still race it sometimes.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Storm Pro that your sig says you have would make a much better racer than any of the Ofna Ultra series cars. Also keep in mind that most RTRs have somewhat hard to tune engines that do not make a lot of power. An OS RG would be a much better choice if you are on a budget.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I actually sold my Storm Pro on ebay a while back. I wish I still had it. But, I got into planes back then. Sold the R40, too.

I didn't remember the 1/8 scale buggies being so expensive. That's why I'm shopping RTR's this time around.

Looks like the Jammin is the way to go. I noticed the Inferno's aren't as popular as they were about 2 years ago.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Infernos are still popular. Many people still regard it as a good 4wd nitro buggy. In fact many are still using it in races. But I think not the RTR. Or is there an rtr inferno??
Old 12-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by csdspeed
Infernos are still popular. Many people still regard it as a good 4wd nitro buggy. In fact many are still using it in races. But I think not the RTR. Or is there an rtr inferno??
The RTR 7.5 Inferno wasn't considered a very good buggy. I believe it has now been discontinued.

If I were ever to purchase a 1/8th, it would have to be the RTR Hyper 7 PCR for only $440 on Tower.