Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RYAN BARNES
I run the bushing at the front of the rear arms in the center position, which is -1 degree. As for the rear toe block I never use that for anti squat adjustment, it's always a 0/-3 or 0/-2.75.
Ryan The bushing with the centered hole is 2 degrees anti-squat, the bushing with upper/lower hole is 1 degree when down, and 3 degrees when up
Old 01-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

I actually noticed that from my setup sheet after I posted and just didn't go back and edit, Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think Mugen had a 0 setting(flat arms). Fixed now.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RYAN BARNES
I actually noticed that from my setup sheet after I posted and just didn't go back and edit, Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think Mugen had a 0 setting(flat arms). Fixed now.
Sweet
Old 01-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default more post

hay ronney you should post up more as this treads ace. iv learn heaps from ryan barnes and others ,

its taken me fives years to get half good only because iv not stopped learning about set up , and only been racing nitro for a few months was a electric off roader ,

mike ,

perth
australia
Old 01-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by keyesgood
hay ronney you should post up more as this treads ace. iv learn heaps from ryan barnes and others ,

its taken me fives years to get half good only because iv not stopped learning about set up , and only been racing nitro for a few months was a electric off roader ,

mike ,

perth
australia
Hey Mike, thanks - but I write a lot of forums and will try to keep it a bit down actually. Takes a lot of time when you go thru 4,5 forums, hehe. Also I have a support-forum I made for the Norwegian Mugen drivers, and that takes up a lot of time. But if I see something I can answer on to help someone, I always do that

Very cool that you gone into the world of noise & smoke, it ruels IMO. I wish you the VERY BEST for your racing & learning Wish it was summer here But we still do races like the Winter-Battle & the first Norwegian Cup race in Febuary. Actually, we are racing Winter-Battle 3.rd round of 4 next weekend

Cheers
Old 01-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Any of you guys have experience with the RMV Progressive springs ?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well my kid had his first race ever in a buggy yesterday with his new 5r, we used the setup that ryan sent that his kid uses, worked great!. My kid (steven) ran in sportsman and had the second fastest lap in his class 19.5 sec. the top pro lap was 18.3. Steven qualified 5th in sportsman we had some reciever pack issues and he finished 7th in the a main. He has never ran with so many people on a track at one time and got hacked pretty badly a few times but came off with a big smile and said wow
He told me that the buggy was alot easier to drive then the truggy he drove last year

Last edited by gasman517; 01-14-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's awesome gasman. The racing scene needs more dads like you and Ryan. Teaching people especially kids is more fun at the track to me than racing, but sometimes can be tricky when you're not sure on their budget. Keep him into it and show him the importance of maintainence- maybe he'll pull sponsorship and hook you up!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

gasman- Congrats to Steven!!! I'm glad that setup worked well for him, and it sounds like he was turning some good laps. With kids it always helps when they have a good pitman tuning and wrenching so that they can just focus on driving.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default question

i am rebuilding my mbx 5 prospec msr truggy conversion, are eck tec itemas any good, and i also heard you could mount the akerman /steering plate backwards.. is this true? also what is the best way to get rid of the bump steer?? i am using the eck tec steering link
Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Though I have yet to run them, I have the new long springs on my MBX5R(Thanks Tony!) and they look real nice. Their alot better than having 16mm + of shock clips taking up your shock body! I run the greys up front and blues in the rear as I always have, and now only have 4mm clips all the way around, which sets my buggy at perfect ride height for indoor(arms level). I will get the feel of them this weekend at CRCRC's Midwest Nitro Champs race in Ohio.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No problem Ryan

Let us know how they work. I won't run again until late February .

Best regards,
Old 01-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will finally get to meet Mr. Barnes this weekend at CRCRC. Can't wait to run the new R this weekend.

Later, time to prep for a little EIGHT dinner....
Old 01-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Ryan - I looked at your setup on page 23 of this thread. I this still the set up you are using or has it evolved with more testing? I will be running primarily on a medium traction track (crime fighters, bowties, etc) that is usually not blown out but has quite a few good sized jumps. I am just looking for a good starting set up that i can tune to my personal taste. Thanks Ryan.

Scott
Old 01-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Scott- As for the settings, positions etc... that's my base setup and the only adjustments I make are diff fluids, and I'm now running the longer springs, so my shock clips differ from that setup, everything else is exactly as posted. Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.