Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drinking & Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about smoking weed at the track.. I know for a fact that more than a handful of people that go out to the parking lot a get blazed. I had a guy pitting next to me smoking,vaping,melting, THC wax.. The guy did actually have medical reason for smoking .. But come on man take that shiz out to your car..
Old 04-09-2016, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

I was at golfland racing back in the day and people would bring a cooler full of beer.
I didn't race that day thou, but it was getting consecutive.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I remember back about 20 years ago when I first started racing, the local track it was a totally accepted practice to drink at the track. Even though the owner was a non-drinker, he said its fine as long as no one starts trouble. There never was, at least not from anyone drinking. Impersonally saw way more "sponsored" drivers cause issues when they didn't win. But I guess that's another thread.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Most of the time I see it happening more on the outdoor events when it is fairly warm out and not so much indoors. I think it is totally fine as long as you keep it low key and don't get out of control I have zero issue with it. A beer or two with pizza at the track is refreshing. All the places I go it has never been an issue or has anyone out of control. On a two day race many of us have a camp fire and guys hang out eating a have a few after a hard day of racing R/C. Just everyone be smart about it and have fun. Its all about having fun.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rannblod
How about smoking weed at the track.. I know for a fact that more than a handful of people that go out to the parking lot a get blazed. I had a guy pitting next to me smoking,vaping,melting, THC wax.. The guy did actually have medical reason for smoking .. But come on man take that shiz out to your car..
I took advil at the track the other day. Would you freak out about that too? How about a muscle relaxer?

I view THC usage for pain and other issues (cancer management, etc) as a health reason, and pass it off. A little smell isn't going to hurt me.

That said, there's no way to ask or tell if it's for illicit use, or medical use. As long as it's not directly hurting me, I don't care much. I do however can't STAND cigg smoke. But realize that we're outdoors, and it is what it is.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Socket
I took advil at the track the other day. Would you freak out about that too? How about a muscle relaxer?

I view THC usage for pain and other issues (cancer management, etc) as a health reason, and pass it off. A little smell isn't going to hurt me.

That said, there's no way to ask or tell if it's for illicit use, or medical use. As long as it's not directly hurting me, I don't care much. I do however can't STAND cigg smoke. But realize that we're outdoors, and it is what it is.
Stupid potheads
Old 04-13-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I wish i could have a few beers or a rum / coke at the track. Something to help relax a little more after a long day. I just want to go practice with friends and have a good time. As long as im not out of control i dont see the issue.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Socket

Was not freaking out. I was just surprised when I smelt weed wafting over my pit area in an indoor track.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigReade
Stupid potheads
Well said.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Cant say ive seen or smelled pot inside the pits or outside but if they dint i don't care inless they drive like idiots on the track and crash me lol.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like having a few drinks while racing. It loosens me up. Same effect as when playing pool or darts. I just seem to be better after a few.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

a discreet drink at the track IS fine , i haven't done it myself but low key there is no issue, however marshalling with alcohol or open weed smoking is not cool, the problem is all about image, i mean i don't know a club that isn't trying to attract new members and first impressions last, substances won't add anything to the day, but they can definitely take a lot away , we want newbes walking away thinking " what a great bunch of people " not " do i really want to be racing against these drunks ? "
Old 06-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If I'm at the track, I've got a beer nearby! Never while marshaling though. It calms my nerves and I drive much better.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think the main issue is respect.

Respect the people around you and yourself. Like it or not many places are legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational purposes. That being said people should use discression about when and where to uses their drug of choice, alcohol or marijuana.

Being at the rc car track is no different than any public place; park, beach, lake etc.

Using comen sense goes a long way. If someone approaches you with a complaint. Think about you actions before reacting.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WE ARE MOSTLY GROWN ADULT MEN, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE A BEER THEN I HOPE ITS DELICOUS. AT WORST GRAB A COOZIE AND NOBODY WOULD KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. NOW IF YOU DRUNK JUST LEAVE THE TRACK...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.