Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanx brrrrm for the info on the breaking in the motor. I may do that on the Tamiya TZ motor when I get it in or maybe the Trinity Pro Stock if I get it. Right now i have the Tamiya sport tuned motor in there and just been running it a little to work it in. I will admit i have gone full throttle on it a few times and I am taking it to the track tomorrow to get a few laps in. My stock one is finally working again after i spraid it out with wd40. Will talk to my LHS about technique as far as braking it in that he may suggest. I will definately upgrade the steering to aluminum parts next month. I ordered the new driveshaft this morning TB Evo IV hope it fits more snug than the one i originally ordered for the TT01 which is a little short but orings in each joint is helping me out there for now.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How did you guys make a cover for the TT-01 chassis? I am looking into making one myself, but I was wondering what you guys did and would do if you were to make one again.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

anybody know where to get a new set of body posts w/o having to buy the whole parts tree? I cut mine really short and want to try a different body, but need new posts.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's the exact problem I have been having. The previous owner cut them really short, and I want to put on a trueno body. Your best bet is to buy a whole parts tree, only I am too stubborn to do so

I tried to make body posts extensions form straws. No luck.

Wait, I haven' tried mcdonalds straws, and they're thicker...
Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have read this thread only took three days to get though it but there is a lot of good info in it now....
hi im new here with a TT-01 that has quite a few hop ups on
im running a 58/24 setup with a 21T motor,
TEU-302BK ESC,
7.2 v 3300 NiMH,
upper carbon deck,
Aluminium Motor Heat Sink,
Aluminium Racing Steering Set,
Front & Rear Stabilizer Set,
Adjustable Upper Arm Set,
Tamiya Aluminium Dampers 4WD/FWD & Rally Car,
Aluminium Prop Shaft,
GPM Titanium Middle Shaft Joint Set,
Bearing Set and
50476 Tamiya Rally Block Tyre.
only use the Tyre's as i use it off road and some other mods to keep dirt out
now my TT-01 is Great and runs VERY well but i think it is a little heavy is there any way i can remove some weight off it with out taking any of the hopups off
Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

also i wanted to say how strong the TT-01 is, i wasn't sure if it was going to break because of how hard i push it using it off Road
Old 11-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow! That TT-01 is loaded!

I have run my TT-01 with just the stock drivetrain parts--the only upgrades I had were the aluminum prop shaft, BB's and a Co-27 pro stock motor. Albeit the chassis is rather scratched up, the chassis is holding up fine. I ran it on a very rocky/dirty path. I even ran this on a packed sandy path to a beach, this chassis is almost indestructible!

With your hop ups, I am sure it is even stronger. How is your ride height? Are those shocks 50mm? If they are, I would suggest making a new shock mount (I made one out of a rectangular piece of plastic) so that the shocks mount lower, so the ride height is higher if you need the height for off road. I believe I have pictures on here a few pages back.

I have driven the TT-01 off of sidewalk curbs, to test just that, since I am ordering the B parts tree which includes the arms, so I am all set. However, this chassis holds up extremely well.

Where do you race it?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

just at a place near me there are only a few of us, not in a club or any thing
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would say quite tough...check out my TT-01 rally.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114013

Originally Posted by depressedbunny
also i wanted to say how strong the TT-01 is, i wasn't sure if it was going to break because of how hard i push it using it off Road
Old 11-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

We’re thinking of using the TT01 RTR cars for our on-road track rentals for school trips.

In “box stock” RTR form, what are your opinions as far as durability, drivability & fun?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

They are definitely fun especially if you've never driven one before, since they're forgiving. I mean, the fact that the arms are non adjustable just make them more durable. That sounds like an awesome idea though, but I am still not sure exactly what you mean.

Is it like, a track and schools come to try out driving on them?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114013

that link is ace thank you
Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
They are definitely fun especially if you've never driven one before, since they're forgiving. I mean, the fact that the arms are non adjustable just make them more durable. That sounds like an awesome idea though, but I am still not sure exactly what you mean.

Is it like, a track and schools come to try out driving on them?
Yes, thats it.

Have any tracks tried this in the past?

The kids come on a school trip, they learn about RC, the drive an RC car and maybe our sport has a chance to grow more.

Sounds good?

We at RC Pro Series think its something we need to do.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow that's a really cool idea. I wish my school had an opportunity like that...

If you go and do that, I would suggest you have at least a person who dissected the parts of the Car, and showed the kids how it worked. Of course, a chassis with all of the parts laid out would be nice, but it depends on how much you'd charge from the school.

So do you know if the schools would be interested in this? It's a good idea, but needs people to go there. Also, you could extend this to a "pay 5-10 dollars and try out a hobby grade RC Car!" To give people a taste for how RC racing is. That would hook people too.

The bodies are going to look wonderful by the time a year is over... haha!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

i would of loved to have that when i was a kid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.