2006 WinterNats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 WinterNats

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Well guys the lap times for the winternats will be similar... The traction came up very high near traction levels for the winternats... The cars will get to a point where the traction does not help them anymore and it is all about stopping the car from tipping over....

Phillip ran very good and won the race... Paolo's 960 was the fastest car in the race but as nitro racing goes, had a problem... Remember some of the guys are testing for the winternats and preparing for that event using the state race... We had some guys here from all over the place at the forgass race; I had never seen before....... The winternats is surely going to be an awesome event but dont be fooled by Phillip only TQ'ing the state race he is also going to be faster at the winternats!!!!! I know the factory guys are going to be fast but how many people who attend the event are going to be faster than Phillip?????? If Phillip almost ran 25 laps at the state race how fast do you think he will be when there is more traction? My answer is really fast... The A main will be hard to get into with these guys attending the event...
Barry Baker
Paolo Morganti
Michael Salven
Cuypers
Takaki Shimo
Ralph Burch
Adrien Bertin
Francesco Tironi
Rick V
Marco Vanni
Mike Swauger
Joel Johnson
Scotty Gray

Bring lots of parts and rock hard tires........ "Just a thought"
Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, with all of those really fast guy's at this race. The smart thing to do is probably just stay home and save some money.

Dollar for dollar, I can probably race around the Home for around 5 months and 22 race days and still come out ahead.

When you really get down to it. If you really go to this event to race, you are making a mistake and missing the point.

Hopefully, you have a few good buddy's to discuss world affairs with and a some good watering holes in your plans for after the track gates close.

Keep this in mind and you will still want to run you car again in March or May and not put everything on E-bay.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Suspended

Amen Ted!

I always have a great time at the winternats! it isn't about how you perform, it's about the people and the fun! for the factory guys, it's about how you perform...

it's just a great time, with a great track, run by great people.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Ted-- I'm lost! Maybe your speaking a language that I cant speak because it seems that Jared understood and I did'nt....

Well like I said..... The event will be awesome with these guys attending and I cant wait...........
Old 01-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rangulo
The A main will be hard to get into with these guys attending the event...
Barry Baker
Paolo Morganti
Michael Salven
Cuypers
Takaki Shimo
Ralph Burch
Adrien Bertin
Francesco Tironi
Rick V
Marco Vanni
Mike Swauger
Joel Johnson
Scotty Gray
You forgot to mention Ted Hammer for the 3peat.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

For anybody who's interested in the facts/details here is a link to the complete lap time printout for the Fl State Race. Very interesting, very competitive... The Winternats are going to be great. I predict some surprises.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

What is the link!!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmmmm

everyone just have fun
Old 01-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

What is he 3peating
Old 01-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry, here's the link:

http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/...em=472&resp=36
Old 01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

<http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/backtalk/pistachio/view?conf=forgass&csel=@56&item=472&resp=36>
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

What Ted is saying is that th Flordia track is a very fast track small and has no room for error you mess up once it could cost you alot of money. So if you going there to be serious don't be suprised if you get upset. He's saying I hope you go there with some friends to bench race and joke around with because thats what makes it fun for the non factory guys. Its a beautiful track and for us guys up north you can't beat the weather.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Looking at the laptimes for the main is very telling. 5 cars were fast enough to compete for the win! Their fastest lap ranged from 11.9 to 12.2. 3 MRX-4s and 2 960s so clearly both cars have what it takes. As usual, the difference was who could keep up the pace without running into problems. Surprisingly, the biggest problem was with the motors not crashes. To run these laptimes the motors are being abused! I haven't computed the percentage of time spent at full throttle but it has to be way up there. Also, the motors weren't blowing up but rather blowing plugs, not keeping their tune or using more fuel than expected.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:11 AM
Suspended

I think the weather threw us all a curve last weekend for sure..

Originally Posted by jdesoto
Looking at the laptimes for the main is very telling. 5 cars were fast enough to compete for the win! Their fastest lap ranged from 11.9 to 12.2. 3 MRX-4s and 2 960s so clearly both cars have what it takes. As usual, the difference was who could keep up the pace without running into problems. Surprisingly, the biggest problem was with the motors not crashes. To run these laptimes the motors are being abused! I haven't computed the percentage of time spent at full throttle but it has to be way up there. Also, the motors weren't blowing up but rather blowing plugs, not keeping their tune or using more fuel than expected.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Jim said he would post the complete entry list on the 18th which was yesterday. Could we see it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.