Checkpoint 19turn spec mod

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checkpoint 19turn spec mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

What do i need to build this cooling setup?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donwhit
BSchorr/2-bad

We have a Checkpoint 19T, fitted with Infinity brushes, that we run in touring cars on rubber tyres in the UK.

Today Ian TQd and won both A finals in the UK TORC series using the same motor all day without skimming or brushing at all. This same motor has TQd and won both finals at TWO previous TORC events at different tracks using the same brushes. All the motor gets is a skim after the event. Gearing is 5.35 or 5.19 depending on track.
Makes Infinity brushes look pretty good value to me.

As a comparison, we found last year that Atlas/C2/Corally motors needed to be skimmed and brushed (767)every race in the same conditions.

regards

Don
I should imagine that you'd get a lot more runs with the infinity brush.... Running a 7x1 with infinities I get 5 of more pack through them and I only change them just to maintain perfect performance. So with 19t I would expect a lot more runs. I would also expect a slight performance drop-off with the infinity over the atlas brush, but I have never tested this to date.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

2-Bad, I think maybe you have misread Don's post. What he has basically said is that the brushes have done 3 whole meetings, at least 15 runs in all.

I'm finding the same on my Money motor, cut it in the morning after practice and then leave it again until after practice the next meeting. Life is goooooodddd.

Stu
Old 07-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stuartb
Sorry i wasnt very clear, i meant the length and size eg M3 etc.

I want to get some more but much longer to mount a fan.
Bump
Old 07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone use this motor for 19T 1:12th scale? Just trying to get a starting point for brush/spring setup?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

I found it a very fast motor but grumpy if the infinity brushes aren't bedded in right thanks for making a superp racing motor.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Hello folks.

I just got a checkpoint money motor and i havea few questions to ask you before running the motor

1. do i have to cut the com before running this motor or is it good to go?

2. how many runs can this motor take beofre getting worn out?

3. do i have to do any special tuning to this motor?

4. how long will the brushes with the motor in the box last?

5. Any suggest for FDR on a carpet that 100 X 48 using rubber tires? I'm running at trackside raceway where scotty owns his place and host the Novak race.

thank you very much.

-Lee
Old 07-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Motor set-up

I ran the checkpoint 19 a few time here at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo. The track is a little bit bigger than trackside so my FDR was 5.8. Using the infiniti brushes. You should start around 6.4 conservatively with the smaller track. Takes a while for the brushes to seat but work well once their broken in. Stock brushes seated fast but I had to gear it at 6.1 FDR, not sure why but that's what the motor liked without overheating.
Infiniti brushes last a long time, but so will the stock ones as long as you don't overgear then because they will burn up real quick.Cut the com before you run it, I had some brush bounce on the original com and cutting it helped. Make sure the the inside brush hood where the brushes ride are super clean, the alignment notch can cause problems if not moving freely.
No tuning necessary for this motor except, I took out the o-ring spacer and replaced with regular spacers. Hope this helps you out!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I ran the checkpoint 19 a few time here at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo. The track is a little bit bigger than trackside so my FDR was 5.8. Using the infiniti brushes. You should start around 6.4 conservatively with the smaller track. Takes a while for the brushes to seat but work well once their broken in. Stock brushes seated fast but I had to gear it at 6.1 FDR, not sure why but that's what the motor liked without overheating.
Infiniti brushes last a long time, but so will the stock ones as long as you don't overgear then because they will burn up real quick.Cut the com before you run it, I had some brush bounce on the original com and cutting it helped. Make sure the the inside brush hood where the brushes ride are super clean, the alignment notch can cause problems if not moving freely.
No tuning necessary for this motor except, I took out the o-ring spacer and replaced with regular spacers. Hope this helps you out!
Ok maxepower i cleaned the com and i put in spacers and took out the o ring but it has quite a bit of play. should it be tight and no play at all?

-Lee
Old 07-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Leester
Ok maxepower i cleaned the com and i put in spacers and took out the o ring but it has quite a bit of play. should it be tight and no play at all?

-Lee
All motors must have a bit of play on each side.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking motor spacers!

Originally Posted by Leester

-Lee
You should always have about.005-.010 of play to allow for expansion of the motor. Don't use the teflon spacers always use brass whenever possible.
Just make sure that you add spacers so the arm is at the center of the magnetism. In other words, take out all the spacers and see where the arm aligns itself to the magnets in the can. Then add spacers to the front or the back of the arm so it's in that sweet spot!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Having the arm shimed in the center of the magnets field is very important. This makes sure as much energy as possible goes into rotation as opposed to pulling the arm fore or aft back to magnetic center.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:59 AM
Suspended

Is this motor supposed to have any endplay?

I just got one to try, and out of the package there's zero endplay. Being of a different design, I was just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Is this motor supposed to have any endplay?

I just got one to try, and out of the package there's zero endplay. Being of a different design, I was just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!
I re-shim all motors out of the package just to make sure
Old 08-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Suspended

Kinda what I figured. Just wanted to check.

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.