Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

People don't clean their own pit space when they're done racing? How was that handled at IIC, out of curiosity?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I left a HUGE mess in my room......I also gave the maid who was gonna clean it a $50 bill.....

Seems people like to just bitch about something......

Sorry, for 1k a table or whatever it was......I think a little trash left behind ain't gonna kill anyone....

I watched MANY MANY qualifiers......and while I heard people asking them to get out of the way, I never heard anything rude or swearing.....

I did hear some of the oval guys yelling at corner marshals, even one during OPEN PRACTICE......and the guy he was yelling at, was not even a corner marshall.......I heard people asking for the backmarkers to move for the leaders....

Like I said, was a TWO way street......both sides have their issues....

I had a good time......even with the lack of sleep......and the upper decker some mexican left for me......

Later EddieO
Old 02-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Racing was fun as usual!!GREAT JOB ONCE AGAIN TO MIKE AND THE WHOLE CREW!!!

BUTTER!! yeah bruddah!! thats why he is known as "Butter" the rc community's comedic character!! he get a lot of guys amped up!!

EA!! one heck of leader for the R/c community!!! not only did he help volunteer the hobby shop sell T2 parts, which he got me to buy all sorts of stuff!! He was willing to help work a motor for me.... but i saw that he was busy all week and was also racing!!! I ll get ya to build one for me one way or another!!!

Timmy , as usual you have a great future in racing!! met ya a few years ago at the birds!!! Keep it up!!!!

Dennis Storti!! sup man gotta meet up with ya real soon!!!

Gotta give lotsa thanks to Michael Toth for all the help and advise with the car!!! Glad you got over your stomach virus!!!!

Whats up with all the chatter about garbage??? big deal... there will be garbage after spending a week long in an enclosed area of space!!! I checked the manufactures row after the races and it was cleaned up in a matter of 2hrs... and so what people were playing hacky sack..big deal!!!

As for the poor conduct... actually i expected more.. but it was really calm overall!!! NO COPS WERE NEEDED!!!

Imagine no FUN, NO DRINKING, NO HORSEPLAYING, NO MESS... THAT WOULD REALLY SUCK!!! why bother traveling to florida and spend a week with a bunch of people that have the same interest as you???

ARVIN NANO
Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Racing was fun as usual!!GREAT JOB ONCE AGAIN TO MIKE AND THE WHOLE CREW!!!

BUTTER!! yeah bruddah!! thats why he is known as "Butter" the rc community's comedic character!! he get a lot of guys amped up!!

EA!! one heck of leader for the R/c community!!! not only did he help volunteer the hobby shop sell T2 parts, which he got me to buy all sorts of stuff!! He was willing to help work a motor for me.... but i saw that he was busy all week and was also racing!!! I ll get ya to build one for me one way or another!!!

Timmy , as usual you have a great future in racing!! met ya a few years ago at the birds!!! Keep it up!!!!

Dennis Storti!! sup man gotta meet up with ya real soon!!!

Gotta give lotsa thanks to Michael Toth for all the help and advise with the car!!! Glad you got over your stomach virus!!!!

Whats up with all the chatter about garbage??? big deal... there will be garbage after spending a week long in an enclosed area of space!!! I checked the manufactures row after the races and it was cleaned up in a matter of 2hrs... and so what people were playing hacky sack..big deal!!!

As for the poor conduct... actually i expected more.. but it was really calm overall!!! NO COPS WERE NEEDED!!!

Imagine no FUN, NO DRINKING, NO HORSEPLAYING, NO MESS... THAT WOULD REALLY SUCK!!! why bother traveling to florida and spend a week with a bunch of people that have the same interest as you???

ARVIN NANO
It ain't a party until the cops come or Greg gets attacked by a 4 foot troll wearing a metallic bikini top.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll agree with Butter about the difference in the on-road and oval drivers, he and Drew have no idea who I was and probably never will, but when I needed a sway bar that the Hobby shop did not have, they did not hesitate to GIVE me one, thanks guys. Same goes for EA, I asked if he would zap my cans (4 of them) and he said no problem, even before he knew I was a regular customer, thanks a bunch to these guys I had a buddy running 4cell stock oval for the first time, we were trying to get a ballpark roll out # from some of them to put him close, some gave VERY BAD advice. Eric Salvas was just about the only one that helped out They are just not as friendly of a bunch of guys...........maybe that's cause they were so wrapped up in their clean-up gameplan's
Old 02-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

It must have something to do with where and how people are brought up. I tend to be a giant asshole here on the forum, but at a race I would never yell at someone (unprovoked) or leave a mess behind. But those are just -my- values, and I'm completely willing to accept that they're different than other people's, and not necessarily any better or worse.

So, maybe for the next race, now that we know this grey area exists in how people think, there should be a rule or something. Maybe even some signs that say "please clean your pit space" or "don't yell at little kids" would be appropriate. Or, if cleaning is part of the race fee, "pick up the big stuff, we'll do the rest." This probably seems like overkill, but many large events do exactly this sort of thing so people can't exploit the grey area, and to avoid this kind of silly bickering as much as possible.

Leaving a large tip for room service is a very kind gesture.

Last edited by syndr0me; 02-15-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

I think on-road is a tighter group because they race more? I can tell you this I've seen on-road guys at a ROAR nats help everybody else try to beat him (Hara). I don't hang around the circle crowd as much, but it sounds like they are more worried about some mechanical advantage that's not there. I think if you went up to the faster guys like the Silvas and others you'd get more answers to roll out or whatever.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Deleted
Old 02-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It must have something to do with where and how people are brought up. I tend to be a giant asshole here on the forum, but at a race I would never yell at someone (unprovoked) or leave a mess behind. But those are just -my- values, and I'm completely willing to accept that they're different than other people's, and not necessarily any better or worse.

So, maybe for the next race, now that we know this grey area exists in how people think, there should be a rule or something. Maybe even some signs that says "please clean your pit space" or "don't yell at little kids" would be appropriate. Or, if cleaning is part of the race fee, "pick up the big stuff, we'll do the rest." This probably seems like overkill, but many large events do exactly this sort of thing so people can't exploit the grey area, and to avoid this kind of silly bickering as much as possible.

Leaving a large tip for room service is a very kind gesture.
How about producing a picture of the mess left behind? Because more people remember it fairly clean than dirty. Yelling at kids? I don't remember that either. This is a big race and if a kid isn't ready for that pressure who's fault is that really? That maybe is another reason why the resort maybe was a bad idea after round one?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

It maybe a product of the type of racing for the oval guys. I probably does come down to equipment for them more than the on-road crowd. On-road guys know that a great car will not always win you a race, it's great drivers that win races in on-road, I think oval you may be able to take a fairly competent driver with a great car and he would be hard to beat, I could be wrong, would'nt be the first time
Old 02-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DerekB
How about producing a picture of the mess left behind? Because more people remember it fairly clean than dirty. Yelling at kids? I don't remember that either. This is a big race and if a kid isn't ready for that pressure who's fault is that really? That maybe is another reason why the resort maybe was a bad idea after round one?
I apologize, I wasn't there to witness this first hand. I was simply relying on what other people were saying in this thread and trying to propose a solution. I have a good deal of experience attending and organizing events, and have found that I sometimes need to make statements or rules about things that are obvious to me, because not everybody thinks like I do.

If there was no mess, and no misconduct in regard to yelling at other racers, then I humbly recant my statement.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

misinformed

DerekB

dont fall asleep at snowbirds!!! i woke up to derek standing over the top of me taking a picture!....then ran off when i woke up.....can you send me that pic.....they wrote all over my face ...oh well got eddie0 back for that one...when is the mag gonna be out with the birds coverage?

Last edited by flameoutgarrett; 02-15-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sam is the guy who diligently sat beneath the drivers stand calling out the leaders. He and the rotating crew of announcers do a great job working together as a team, getting twice as much information out to the drivers and spectators than a solo-announcer could. At first it's wierd to hear two people talking to you, but they seperate the info cleanly and by the second round of practice it's advantageous to those who understand their system.

p.s.-I for one am really glad nobody called the cops! There were a few innocent, but unexplainable situations going on throughout the week. Makes it all the much more fun!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

its time to move to a bigger hotel or the convention center. pits and 2 separate tracks.. race from 9-6.. or so. resorts, just watch the freqs - stick to the schedule, no graces, and we all get to enjoy the nightlife. oh - and people can choose their own rathole to sleep in. my room was good to go thankfully.

I know the Rosen has a friggin heuuuge ballroom. - and the rooms aren't scary at those prices. king size bed for the win and you can walk around it.

Disney Dolphin has a nice size room with a stage. and you can stammer on to the tram car.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Somebody stole Joelīs car the last day of Snowbirds, while they packed and brought the stuff to there room.
Itīs a Xray T2. Fully equipped with a Parma Alfa in his own colours.
If anyone see the car, grab it, and PM me.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Snowbirds-joel-car.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.