Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default Putnam Propulsion Dominates Stock Classes

I need to take this opportunity to Congratulate the Stock Racers for such an imperssive week. Here are the results:

1/12th Stock GTP
TQ/Winner Jeff Dayger...lapping up to 2nd position in the A Main!

Touring Stock
TQ/ Winner Jeff Dayger

4 Cell Stock Oval
TQ/Eric Salvas

Open Wheel Sprint Cars
TQ/Winner Steve Salvas

All the racers used our EFB-180 or EFB-190-C brushes with our latest release, "Top Fuel" Comm Drops. These were used during break in as well as a performance-enhancing additive during the race.

Also want to Congratulate and Thank Paul Lemiuex for his win in 19 turn Expert as well as Jeff Dayger for qualifying 2nd in his first attempt at 1/12th GTP Mod...Awesome Job Guys!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Hey Ernie.. I was doing a "got milk?" promo ad.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say thank you to you and your crew. Another great race.

Get some sleep.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 02-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike, Julie and the rest of the crew,

What a fun event! It was great to hang with some oval guys I haven't seen in years, and watch some STELLAR 6-cell mod oval. Man that looks fun! I had a great time freezing my tail off pitting out by the pool, and I was totally blown away by how well you guys stuck to the schedule. Loads of fun. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication you all put in to get a race like this together.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=tmunno]
Originally Posted by JPH Racing
Personally, I think it's disappointing when paid racers do not run their mains.

Some of the on-road crowd were really acting like a bunch of drunken idiots at the Snowbirds.

This was our third birds. Between cold /no sleep/ no heat/people getting sick, I'd say showing up for the mains was at an all time high. I know several who left on Sat. They were sick. As far as the drinking goes if your over 21 then you can drink or not, that is your right. How about the two female tourists in the pool!!!!! They cause more of a stir then the racers did.

JPH there is an old rule it's called the fifty mile rule. What happens 50 miles from HOME never happened. I was there with my entire family and I didn't see anything that was offensive to me or my family.

Some people are just grumpy, maybe that's why they don't like seeing people have fun. I'm sure everybody was a straight edge when they were younger.

And we're not rock stars we're RC car drivers, which is the same thing. Our hobby will never be rock star status until we all act like it.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
having seen enough of the drunken stupidity from both oval and onroad equally while taken pictures I will say this
it's florida in febuary. it's basically spring break or daytona bike week for everyone but the guys that live in florida. you don't go to snowbirds just for the racing. it's the EVENT. getting out of the winter hump. it's going to disneyland on sunday and monday with the family and then racing the rest of the week. it's like the opposite of cleveland. you don't go to cleveland in november for the weather unless your a sadist, you go for the competition. 500 onroad entrees in the heart of carpet racing land. not to say that the birds doesn't have great competition but all the locals as it has been stated on this thread are asphalt racer. they had a "warmup" race the weekend before snowbirds at superior... on pavement. they don't have the chance practice on carpet. do they even have a carpet track in the state anymore? as for me I had a great time it was mostly nice weather and the view was great. more pictures and video soon
Well said! I'm pretty sure there were oval and road course guys getting into trouble, but that's what 1/2 these races are is racing and meeting people, having some fun. There's what 20 guys that are going to make the A if they get a good run in? If they don't want to race the Z main, I'm not sure they have to. I do think running them does help somebody try to redeem some of the week if they blew out, but not that big of a deal.

And for those who think because some troll chick blames one guy for something, I was there...very funny to watch.. that "everybody is a cancer" and needs to leave the hobby? Come'on. Fun draws people in.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

I blame the city of Orlando, no stripclubs.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
I blame the city of Orlando, no stripclubs.

You just didn't look for them...they are there!
Old 02-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

drunk people: being my thrid snowbirds, i saw far fewer drunk people wandering the hotel this year than in years past, no hammered touring stock champions asking the trophy girls to play putt-putt golf with him, LOL!

not running mains: i didnt run the expert 19t B-Main, got three hours of sleep the night before the mains and was awake @ 5am to prep my car for the 12th stock a-main which was race 6, and then the stock TC main which was race 17. joel's a great guy for running his main, but he did not have to get up as early as i did, all his races were many hours later in the day, and after corner marshalling for the stock TC main went to my room and slept for a little while, sorry if that makes me a bad person. go to the birds and wrench/race from sunday to sunday and tell me if you feel up to it.

finally thanks to mike, ernie p, all the snowbirds staff and tech crews, very good race again this year.

now im gonna go get an oval car so i can experience my "diff chirpin Knack-Knacks off two and four" and hopefully i dont "shit-stab the pipe coming into three"

sorry these were my favorite left turn only quotes from the weekend.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

oval-speak is awesome
Old 02-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

I looked for them, just didnt rent a car so i was limited in my search.

My favorite thing was staying up till 4am the first day of practice to hear oval start and than feeling so bad for the track guys cause the first car put a 4 inch rip in the carpet.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
now im gonna go get an oval car so i can experience my "diff chirpin Knack-Knacks off two and four" and hopefully i dont "shit-stab the pipe coming into three"

sorry these were my favorite left turn only quotes from the weekend.
Get rid of the walloing going in and ride that hucklebuck on out. Got a love turnin left.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I guess we'll all agree that it's ok to disagree on the subject ....

Except for Derek ... I'm not grumpy! You're grumpy! LOL You didn't even stop bye our pits and say hello ... a$$!

Mike and Crew do a fantastic job every year. I don't know how one guy can hold it all together so well. The schedule was the best ever, the track was the best one yet .... I'll be back again next year for sure.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

1st practice - wow!!! 2 minutes in and a car hit the ice and ripped it about 4 inches of it (had to run to Lowes at 5am and get new stuff). Then 3 minutes into the 1st practice a sprint car and 1/12th car plow together and the carpet ripped worse than I have ever seen. Talk about being freaked out. This was all within the 1st couple minutes. The new carpet glue we have worked awesome and no one noticed. It repaired perfect. But man I thought we were in for a long week. I felt like throwing up!

Thanks for the comments!
Old 02-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JPH Racing
Well, I guess we'll all agree that it's ok to disagree on the subject ....

Except for Derek ... I'm not grumpy! You're grumpy! LOL You didn't even stop bye our pits and say hello ... a$$!

Mike and Crew do a fantastic job every year. I don't know how one guy can hold it all together so well. The schedule was the best ever, the track was the best one yet .... I'll be back again next year for sure.

I always miss talking to somebody, you can kick me next time you see me. Sorry to not stop by, I'll make it up to you some how. But next time please have a keg of Guinness and no less than 3 models to lure me over.

Hit me with an email
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.