Originally Posted by Sp Racer
.......or a good second hand 09
Luis:

You are really gone then?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
You usually tilt cars towards the exhaust side at re-fuelling to keep fuel from spilling onto electronics.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Lars:

understand this could be an issue, however wouldnt standard position under fuel tank be an issue as well?

What car are you running now? Still the Shimo?

Thanks
Andrew
Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
The 09 may not work.. but the Mongoose will fit an RS08 ED transmission upgrade which includes pulley upgrades and vented disk brake. 2nd gear spur changed diameter and you can still use mongoose first gear, also pinions are smaller.

Add a clutch upgrade and you might be better off buying a second hand G4RS08
k thanks for the info,i will try to order for the ED transmission upgrade,and the aluminium pulley set,will update once all my stuff coming,as i just order the new rear bulkhead,wing rear lower arm,front upper and lower arm,and new pulley set..

Last edited by g-wan; 08-07-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Hi

Sorry if spelling or grammar errors I am typing this on phone.

I tried to run my girl friends G4JR today, and on the starter box I noticed the steering servo was twitching. On the track it pulled to the right into the wall under acceleration. When I got home I tried another receiver pack battery and it did the same thing and then the throttle servo twitched as well. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 08-08-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

I tried to run my girl friends G4JR today, and one the starter box I noticed the steering servo was twitching. On the track it pulled to the right into the wall under acceleration. When I got home I tried another receiver pack and it did the same thing. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Andrew
I suggest another Servo if you have one handy.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flynia
I suggest another Servo if you have one handy.
I guess it is possible, but i noticed the throttle servo twitched as well, but not as often!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default bummer

Hi

I tried to run my girl friends G4JR today, and on the starter box I noticed the steering servo was twitching. On the track it pulled to the right into the wall under acceleration. When I got home I tried another receiver pack battery and it did the same thing and then the throttle servo twitched as well. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Andrew
It might be your throttle servo is drawing all the load. This happened to Luke's EP car and a stock standard Futaba AM receiver.

I'd suggest trying a different receiver as the Capacitors may be insufficient or dead and bleeding. If you look in your receiver and teh Capacitor head has expanded or popped, could be where the problem lies.

You can also get caps that plug into the receiver buss aux port.

OR...

a bad connector.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi

Thanks in advance
Andrew
Servos twitch just like you described when there is a bad connection somewhere. Plug the battery straight into the receiver to check. Also; keep the radio more than a metre away from the receiver, I have seen radios glitching for being too close a number of times.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

It might be your throttle servo is drawing all the load. This happened to Luke's EP car and a stock standard Futaba AM receiver.

I'd suggest trying a different receiver as the Capacitors may be insufficient or dead and bleeding. If you look in your receiver and teh Capacitor head has expanded or popped, could be where the problem lies.

You can also get caps that plug into the receiver buss aux port.

OR...

a bad connector.
Blis:

Thanks for the suggestions... I know all about bad capacitors as i work at a leading computer store

I have now tried different servos and it appears to be just the steering channel.

Chickentrader:

You could be on to something, when i took the PCB out of the receiver case, one of the steering servo pins was bent.

And using my Spektrum DX3R in the car using the same servos and battery everything works fine!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys, I had a similar issue with a JR FM Syn Radio.... after trying multiple servos, receivers, batteries and Transmitters I changed over to a Sanwa 2.4 FHSS system and never had the problem again.

Does the problem occur when you are not running the motor?

Blis:

Thanks for the suggestions... I know all about bad capacitors as i work at a leading computer store

I have now tried different servos and it appears to be just the steering channel.

Chickentrader:

You could be on to something, when i took the PCB out of the receiver case, one of the steering servo pins was bent.

And using my Spektrum DX3R in the car using the same servos and battery everything works fine!
Old 08-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default G4+EVO

Does anyone own G4+WC/EVO ?

Asoff as it even seems to me, it took a lot of deliberation when the parts list for running the champs came to 1/2 that of the car, so wildly I chose to buy a whole car rather than the usual consumables, would like to know what ppl rate the G4+EVO versus the G4+ LE 07 version.. pro's or cons.. should I run the G4+LE or the WCEVO.

Our G4+LE is a preserved RACE car with barely 1 hour track time.

Are shocks better? Should I swap over to newer chassis plate or stay with 4mm?

Should I build a hybrid?

h
Old 08-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hybrid

Asoff as it even seems to me, it took a lot of deliberation when the parts list for running the champs came to 1/2 that of the car, so wildly I chose to buy a whole car rather than the usual consumables, would like to know what ppl rate the G4+EVO versus the G4+ LE 07 version.. pro's or cons.. should I run the G4+LE or the WCEVO.

Should I build a hybrid?

h
I would go hybrid,take what you is the best from each car an go HYBRID just my 2cents.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Should I build a hybrid?

h
as i do sent email for the g4 upgrade to g4 wc but its seem like useless for me to upgrade as i calculate i can buy new rs09 but i do admit like the wc g4,here the attch of email for the following upgrade to g4wc..

Re: g4 wc upgrade
To: Rezuan Rusli <[email protected]>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rezuan,

Thanks for the mail .
You could use K14145 kit for upgrade to WC. And we suggest you could buy the kit from RC Shopping directly and pay via Paypal.
http://www.rcshopping.com/profra.jsp...4145&proclass=

ITEM NO. DESCRIPTION PRICE
K14145 G4 WC Upgrade Kit 201.20
K14145-1 G4 WC Upgrade Kit (Front) 49.80
K14145-10 G4 WC Alum. Rear Left Bulkhead 27.10
K14145-11 G4 WC Chassis 74.70
K14145-12 G4 WC Rear Front Hinge Pin Mount 14.60
K14145-13 G4 WC Rear Rear Hinge Pin Mount 14.60
K14145-14 G4 WC Rear Plate 3.60
K14145-15 G4 WC Rear Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Pin 2.5x48.5 mm 4.05
K14145-16 G4 WC Rear Hinge Pin Mount (plastic parts)(4) 2.70
K14145-17 G4 WC Front Upper Arm Mounts (plastic parts)(4) 2.70
K14145-2 G4 WC Upgrade Kit (Rear) 162.00
K14145-3 G4WC Bumper Foam Post Set (2) 3.60
K14145-4 G4WC Front Bumper Upper Plate Carbon 18.90
K14145-5 G4WC Front Bumper Cap 5.85
K14145-6 G4WC Front Upper Arm Mounts (2) 33.20
K14145-7 G4 WC Alum. Rear Right Bulkhead 27.10
K14145-8 G4 WC Alum. Brake Lever Set (w/steel piston) 4.27
K14145-9 G4 WC Rear Bulkhead Plastic Support 2.70

BR,

Team Magic Model Service
Old 08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64
I would go hybrid,take what you is the best from each car an go HYBRID just my 2cents.
+1 on the hybrid idea. I used the WC upgrade kit with my RS08, cost $160 because Wolf happened to be running a sale at the time. I decided not to go totally new with an RS09 because of too much spare parts incompatibility. The WC upgrade was definitely an improvement for the RS08. So at the end of the day, I got a much improved car (same or better than RS09, plenty to debate there ????) and still got to make use of my spare parts inventory.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default tks

Originally Posted by WatchOut
+1 on the hybrid idea. I used the WC upgrade kit with my RS08, cost $160 because Wolf happened to be running a sale at the time. I decided not to go totally new with an RS09 because of too much spare parts incompatibility. The WC upgrade was definitely an improvement for the RS08. So at the end of the day, I got a much improved car (same or better than RS09, plenty to debate there ????) and still got to make use of my spare parts inventory.
The G4+LE is packed with KFactory hop ups such as ED trans, ZF bearings, Alloy pulleys and we've already upgraded the front end bulkhead to WC.. So all that remains are the EVO shocks, the alloy bulkheads. Ive got doubts about the compatability of the chassis plate in the rear end.

Feedback much appreciated

h

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.