Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default youll have a hard time using 1 way on heavy braking tracks

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
matrix tires 42 shore
stock position roll center,
same result when i use diff with that preset.
sway bars 0 degree all round.

i have one mind bobbling thing, solid axle supposed to be good in my application, but most fast local nt1 racer even TQ champion use 1-way front.
Where you need brakes, the one way will fail you. Gives better cornering speed but managing rear and braking only is the downfall.

Besides, Australia's #1 uses a front diff.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

here are the setup sheets and manual download for those interested.
http://www.machinaria.com/gallery/Te...ETUP_SHEET.PDF

http://www.machinaria.com/gallery/Te...PARTS_LIST.PDF
Old 06-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Where you need brakes, the one way will fail you. Gives better cornering speed but managing rear and braking only is the downfall.

Besides, Australia's #1 uses a front diff.
i see your point use diff previously, definitely easy to play. mistakes can be minimized and at some point can help the user to gain some place in my opinion.

to me, it seems fast from drivers stand.when i check on the lap counter, its slower by approximately 0.3 sec slower each lap compare to spool thats y im so keen on refining my chassis to use spool
Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
freestyles-hehe i am yet to test it probably on the 28th of this month(last national race) i will be running rb fuels. the pricing is going to be very good as i heard from my distributor(fuel just came in yesterday), as for performance a friend of mine used this fuel twice when he has competing outside Cyprus and says that is more superior than our plain tornado fuel(i am saying plain because its not even the tornado race blend that we are using...), he had the same performance at lower temperatures, and a little bit more run time(about 5 sec.) and the internals of the engine where well lubricated

Cool. Keep me updated on how it goes for you.

Hopefully everyones frustration will go away when the new kits arrive Can't wait to see it in action. It might be a while though as no one is driving G4's locally anymore.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

yeah hopefully all problems with the existing car is fix. i cant wait to hear about rb fuel if its good, i dont mind changing to a better one
Old 06-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MACHINARIA

I have been looking at the manual and noticed a few things.

The kit includes a spool, but I am a strong advocate of a front diff. There is no part number (or I missed it) for a front diff casing and outdrives.

Do you know if there is a part number for such parts already? I'd love to order some.

Also, I can see that the front suspension mounts are not exactly what the prototype had shown (yes, it was a prototype), but I can also see that potential future aluminum alloy replacements will allow for all the setup flexibility that we kind of expected to be in there in the first place. What I refer to specifically is the ability to shim-up the lower mounts to raise the roll center and offset the king pins so they sit closer to the car's center line or away from it. Drawings can be deceiving but it looks to me that the lower portion of the front bulkhead will not allow for such shimming. I hope that the first forum member to get a kit can clarify that for us. I have not driven the car yet, obviously, but I am as impatient as that can be, and perhaps those adjustments are not really necessary.

Looks like the front bulkheads and lower suspension arms are prepared to accept the wire-type anti-roll bar. I suspect so because of the channels up front in the lower portion of the bulkhead, similar to those where the rear sway bar is placed. Also, the front A-arms seem to have a provision similar to the rear ones in the form of a counter-sink on the bottom side, and a pivot-ball capture screw. You cannot really see either, but the hole that is visible in the front arm is very very similar to the one at the rear. So wire-type anti-roll bar may become an option.

I am very pleased to see the modular design of the rear end. There are two bulkheads, if I may call them so. One receives the rear diff and the other keeps the main shaft in place. So it looks like you can have the king pin mounts, diff bulkhead and shaft bulkhead dissasembled simultaneously without much interference from one to other. This should really simplify maintenance. This independance of mounts and the slits at the back of the chassis provide for some flex, too. I think this is somehow similar to the Serpent 733. It seems that chassis flex is "in". Hehe!! I am sure the designers know very well what they are doing!! This is very interesting to me!!

Of course all of this is little less than speculation, because there are some drawings available, but they are not always cristal clear. Once the kit is in my hands I may go back a bit on my own words.

I guess in the end I can only wait and see, but I like throwing in my comments...

I am already car-drunk, so I'd better get this thing soon!!

Enjoy!!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

i see that everyone that preorder is going crazy wanting to see how the car looks like and how it handles, just be patient
(i am saying all this but i also want to see how the real thing looks like...)
Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default FLEX

Originally Posted by gtrmx
I have been looking at the manual and noticed a few things.

The kit includes a spool, but I am a strong advocate of a front diff. There is no part number (or I missed it) for a front diff casing and outdrives.

Do you know if there is a part number for such parts already? I'd love to order some.

Also, I can see that the front suspension mounts are not exactly what the prototype had shown (yes, it was a prototype), but I can also see that potential future aluminum alloy replacements will allow for all the setup flexibility that we kind of expected to be in there in the first place. What I refer to specifically is the ability to shim-up the lower mounts to raise the roll center and offset the king pins so they sit closer to the car's center line or away from it. Drawings can be deceiving but it looks to me that the lower portion of the front bulkhead will not allow for such shimming. I hope that the first forum member to get a kit can clarify that for us. I have not driven the car yet, obviously, but I am as impatient as that can be, and perhaps those adjustments are not really necessary.

Looks like the front bulkheads and lower suspension arms are prepared to accept the wire-type anti-roll bar. I suspect so because of the channels up front in the lower portion of the bulkhead, similar to those where the rear sway bar is placed. Also, the front A-arms seem to have a provision similar to the rear ones in the form of a counter-sink on the bottom side, and a pivot-ball capture screw. You cannot really see either, but the hole that is visible in the front arm is very very similar to the one at the rear. So wire-type anti-roll bar may become an option.

I am very pleased to see the modular design of the rear end. There are two bulkheads, if I may call them so. One receives the rear diff and the other keeps the main shaft in place. So it looks like you can have the king pin mounts, diff bulkhead and shaft bulkhead dissasembled simultaneously without much interference from one to other. This should really simplify maintenance. This independance of mounts and the slits at the back of the chassis provide for some flex, too. I think this is somehow similar to the Serpent 733. It seems that chassis flex is "in". Hehe!! I am sure the designers know very well what they are doing!! This is very interesting to me!!

Of course all of this is little less than speculation, because there are some drawings available, but they are not always cristal clear. Once the kit is in my hands I may go back a bit on my own words.

I guess in the end I can only wait and see, but I like throwing in my comments...

I am already car-drunk, so I'd better get this thing soon!!

Enjoy!!
The rear end is two part (either side of slot in chassis), the top plate which binds the two rear bulkheads sections is how the FLEX system is tensioned. Wont say more, but there are so many changes, updates and upgrades it's a challenge to define what is key to mention.

I know I cant afford to jump chassis with so much invested in the G4502x. Not sure whether exisiting RS have a change mgt path towads the RS09 but from what Ive seen, it's a new era.

Regardless, knowing the demanding subtleties of getting a touring car to perform, Ive got a long way to go with the old car. The new car, is better, it's layout is going to be the envy of all others in the garages, it has the genuine flare of a TM product and from what ive seen, in the right hands it's a definite competitor.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

The rear end is two part (either side of slot in chassis), the top plate which binds the two rear bulkheads sections is how the FLEX system is tensioned.
It all makes sense now!! haha!! I was wondering how that was contolled. I saw the cuts in the chassis all along but I tought there was some kind of brace to be mounted at the bottom of the chassis.

Thanks for the clarification!!
Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

in the right hands it's a definite competitor.
That is exactly how I think
Old 06-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, i'm switching over to G4, i have alot of tires that fit my mugen & my question can i use the the same tires with the G4?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
hey guys, i'm switching over to G4, i have alot of tires that fit my mugen & my question can i use the the same tires with the G4?
They should fit.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah!! All competition touring cars use the same tires...

Are your tires offset?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Yeah!! All competition touring cars use the same tires...

Are your tires offset?
they are 0 offset
Old 06-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

they are 0 offset
You should have no problems at all!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.