Team Magic G4

Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

That is what I was told, We'll have to wait and C all I am concern about is pricing, I just hope that its in the mid $300's
Old 05-11-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
Ok thank you, I just got an email from Wolf hobbies and they said the car will be available by the end of May. I ask them to email me when they get it ,I will post pictures as soon as I get the car. I am also looking for a low priced STS S12X3 I have seen this engine in action in my track and it rocks only problem is the price is a bit high guy on the track told me $220.

That's cheap compared to your $600+AUD priced novarossi, sirio, picco etc engines. That's one of the newer models i think and apparently they are not bad for the price
Old 05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freestyles
That's cheap compared to your $600+AUD priced novarossi, sirio, picco etc engines. That's one of the newer models i think and apparently they are not bad for the price
Yes you are correct , I think I will do a little more searching before I dive into purchasing one. I went from novas to RB's to STS's and stuck with STS because they are good engines and affordable, for what I used to pay for my nova's or RB's I get two decent STS's. Anyways if anyone out there know where I may be able to find a combo deal on the STS and the G4II please let me know, all this searching is giving me a sweat
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Yes you are correct , I think I will do a little more searching before I dive into purchasing one. I went from novas to RB's to STS's and stuck with STS because they are good engines and affordable, for what I used to pay for my nova's or RB's I get two decent STS's. Anyways if anyone out there know where I may be able to find a combo deal on the STS and the G4II please let me know, all this searching is giving me a sweat
The first motor i had was the sts d12e. for $160 it was a great motor. Then i went to O.S. and they are great especially good to tune and now i just bought an RB v12 speedline for $250 (usually $400). I found the sts to be lacking in bottom end a bit compared to the O.S. but i suppose you get what you pay for
Old 05-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

The first motor i had was the sts d12e. for $160 it was a great motor. Then i went to O.S. and they are great especially good to tune and now i just bought an RB v12 speedline for $250 (usually $400). I found the sts to be lacking in bottom end a bit compared to the O.S. but i suppose you get what you pay for
sorry friend but we can not compare RB V12 to the STS D12E, the RB will kill that motor any given day. I wonder how does the V12 compare to the STS S12X3 though? now this two would be on the same level to compare I would think. I was doing more searching last night and saw that Wolf hobbies have the G4II for preorder $449 I did not expected to be this high. I also came across a website that sells the STS S12X3 for $200 and they give you a free STS team shirt and hat, only problem is I never heard of this place and I am hesitant to order. I will contact them and see what happens.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Whats so bad about that price? Its actually cheaper than i thought it would be. Your Kyosho V-One RRR would have cost you more than that.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default Front Overdrive?

Just built myself a G4RS.

Wanna check with you guys if by default the front end of the G4RS i overdriven thus allowing for a 2mm tire difference between the front and back to be run?

Looked into the manual but it does not seem to indicate if the front is overdriven or same drive as the rear. Any help?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

i can only tell you that i had better results when i had a 2mm split between the front and back(always have the front a little smaller).
Old 05-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys,
asking for opinions and guide, whats the difference between g4+evo and g4rs in performance? will be buying g4rs since we have 1 hobby shop here supply team magic parts and its cheaper
Old 05-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
i can only tell you that i had better results when i had a 2mm split between the front and back(always have the front a little smaller).

+1
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Isyutaru you have pm
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Nitro-racer, private message replied
Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Renault_Tech
Whats so bad about that price? Its actually cheaper than i thought it would be. Your Kyosho V-One RRR would have cost you more than that.
Yeah maybe you are right, I did pay way more for my RRR. you know I hear a ton of people saying you get what you pay for!! but seriously that really does not apply to anything. I paid $450 for my G4+EVO and it performs better than my Xray that I paid $580 and it performs just as good as my RRR. O well I guess I just have to get it, I like to know first hand how this ride compares.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

sorry friend but we can not compare RB V12 to the STS D12E, the RB will kill that motor any given day. I wonder how does the V12 compare to the STS S12X3 though? now this two would be on the same level to compare I would think. I was doing more searching last night and saw that Wolf hobbies have the G4II for preorder $449 I did not expected to be this high. I also came across a website that sells the STS S12X3 for $200 and they give you a free STS team shirt and hat, only problem is I never heard of this place and I am hesitant to order. I will contact them and see what happens.

Very true but the 12e was a great motor to learn on. Can't wait to see what the RB has though And the more you talk about this S12X3 the more i want to see how it performs
Old 05-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Very true but the 12e was a great motor to learn on. Can't wait to see what the RB has though And the more you talk about this S12X3 the more i want to see how it performs
Ok I just ordered the engine, I was mistaken the price shipped 215 I asked nicely for a discount , also got me a free team hat. only problem the store told me 7 to 10 days for delivery I had the option to overnight but too expensive. All I have to wait for now is the G4II . I will post the pictures when I get my stuff. I also need a camera I dont have one to take pictures of my cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.