Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Undies
Okay thank you... It made it look the new STS engine!

I didn't think 5 ports were race legal here in Oz???

I think your right.....The car hasn't seen a big race meet yet so i'm sure at the state tittles they will check for things like that. I better get a 3 port just incase

Maybe i could get a blee modified Nova
Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hmm ... not sure if I like it or not ... I have the current G4RS with all hop ups possible including the WC kit and I find it too stiff.

I love the new ideas they are putting on the table ... but lets wait and see what the first round of test results will show.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

the problem with TM is that they do not honor for their word. the factory can actually play out their distributor by lying to them that they will not release any new model, and when their distributor order the car kit which happened to be their left over stock they release the news of new model..

with this kind of company, who would dare to be their distributor..
Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

on top of that, no distributors would like to stock new cars if older cars are still in stock / unsold. TM is too frequent to release newer car and/or release newer version of parts. This part of story lead me to think " If it aint't broke , why fix it ? "
Old 02-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

from what i know, every distributor has a difference price list, thus causing the one with a 'better' price to under cut the one with the higher one within a region, eg. Asia market are all screw up now that no one dare be their distributor.

how can they have a distributor in a country and yet they supply to another company doing online shop?

haha i think they are such a joke in term of business
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

order quantity and negotiation skills matters huh ?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Differentials play a very important role in all cars, they allow the car to corner and turn smoothly and
easily. As in any corner or arc of travel, the outside wheels must travel a greater distance than the inside
wheels. Under power, without rear differentials (solid axle) a car will tend to drive in a straight line and
cornering will be extremely difficult. Many racers use front spool or one way , this differs from the rear
as front wheels turn, the direction of force is applied in the direction the wheels are facing. Regardless,
many drivers are reverting back to using front differentials to improve front end performance. What
makes a good differential? It is based on precision meshing of bevel gears, perfect balancing, low
rotational mass and smooth operation. K Factory developed and produced differentials according to
this criteria.

The front differential cover is now light weight aluminum and hard coated to resist against oxidisation.
The covers are precision machined and lightened to reduce rotational mass, and this improves acceleration
and deceleration. The differential is also balanced, this in turn reduces vibration and helps improve traction.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Differentials play a very important role in all cars, they allow the car to corner and turn smoothly and
easily. As in any corner or arc of travel, the outside wheels must travel a greater distance than the inside
wheels. Under power, without rear differentials (solid axle) a car will tend to drive in a straight line and
cornering will be extremely difficult. Many racers use front spool or one way , this differs from the rear
as front wheels turn, the direction of force is applied in the direction the wheels are facing. Regardless,
many drivers are reverting back to using front differentials to improve front end performance. What
makes a good differential? It is based on precision meshing of bevel gears, perfect balancing, low
rotational mass and smooth operation. K Factory developed and produced differentials according to
this criteria.

The front differential cover is now light weight aluminum and hard coated to resist against oxidisation.
The covers are precision machined and lightened to reduce rotational mass, and this improves acceleration
and deceleration. The differential is also balanced, this in turn reduces vibration and helps improve traction.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

The car Really looks promising....

Team Magic is heading for the TOP....
Old 02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the front is not a one way lockable solid axle...noooooo cmon TM seriously!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

They look pretty good but how much smaller and lighter will they be compared to the stock diffs?

And how much are they?

If they are of a smaller rotating mass than the stock ones then they might be good to use
Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
They look pretty good but how much smaller and lighter will they be compared to the stock diffs?

And how much are they?

If they are of a smaller rotating mass than the stock ones then they might be good to use
Are you sure that a smaller diff is better? The XRays have smaller diffs, and I believe that not only G4 diffs, and also MTX4 and RRR front diffs, seem work better with 100 K to 300 K diff oil on my home track. Could it be that the the smaller diff suffers from turbulence cavities with the heavy diff oil, or why do the bigger diffs seem to work better????? Could anyone enlighten me???

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi

I am back in the TM family again!

Thanks to RcHobbies i got a TM G4JS... I completed the car today and it is very easy to work on. It totally reminds me of the RDLogics Mongoose which i have around here somewhere.

I am yet to finish running in the engine, but i should be right to hit the track next weekend for a good thrash session.

Cheers
Undies
Old 02-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
the front is not a one way lockable solid axle...noooooo cmon TM seriously!

You don't need one. If you have a diff you can just put 100k or i've even seen people put 500k in their diffs. It works the same as a solid axle when braking but they eliminate the push that you get with solid axles
Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Undies
Hi

I am back in the TM family again!

Thanks to RcHobbies i got a TM G4JS... I completed the car today and it is very easy to work on. It totally reminds me of the RDLogics Mongoose which i have around here somewhere.

I am yet to finish running in the engine, but i should be right to hit the track next weekend for a good thrash session.

Cheers
Undies

Cool, welcome back. What track will you be going to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.