Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to work on lightening up the drive train by adding the RS pulleys. Also have plans on shedding some weight from the flywheel too.
There really is so much to be gained from acceleration that you really need the motor to spool up as fast as possible and to put the power down on the track with good foreword traction from the car.

Also working on some 'pro-squat' to be added to the rear to aid in this.
We'll see.

British Menace
Old 05-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone have time to strip......clean and re-build my car for me ???

Just thought I'd ask....

British Menace
Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Anyone have time to strip......clean and re-build my car for me ???

Just thought I'd ask....

British Menace
just finished mine BM.
i have about a a couple of weeks up my sleeve now.
thats plenty of time.
i noticed a few things on my car after one event. the car was brand new.
the Expensive KFactory universals, i baught 2 pairs of these, all the pins are worn inside and have elongated the holes on the axle side. not too happy about this, i put on anti wear grease on all the cups and the inside of the Cv's. i cant find a pin kit for them. the older CV's are actually a bit beefier inside, bigger pin and bigger pin locator, but the shafts arent tapered from inside to outside. how ever i do like the belt pullies, they have 2 sets of locators , so when the pin starts to wear the plastic, and you get some play, you can turn them 90Deg and no play again.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
just finished mine BM.
i have about a a couple of weeks up my sleeve now.
thats plenty of time.
i noticed a few things on my car after one event. the car was brand new.
the Expensive KFactory universals, i baught 2 pairs of these, all the pins are worn inside and have elongated the holes on the axle side. not too happy about this, i put on anti wear grease on all the cups and the inside of the Cv's. i cant find a pin kit for them. the older CV's are actually a bit beefier inside, bigger pin and bigger pin locator, but the shafts arent tapered from inside to outside. how ever i do like the belt pullies, they have 2 sets of locators , so when the pin starts to wear the plastic, and you get some play, you can turn them 90Deg and no play again.
I'll ship the car + bits straight over... lol.

Bad news on the new CV's you got. I think, by the sound of things they went a little too far with the lightening of them.

Pulleys sound good though. Have you tried any of these new spring kits yet Paul? The ones that come in 1LB increments.

I need to try and find some springs which will fit that are only0.5, 1.0 and 1.5LB (!!!???) Do you know anywhere? Natrually, I'm having difficulty.
It's for a little suspension project I'm trying
Them and 1/8th scale roll bars.......get the idea?

Anyway, off to an Off-Road race today just over an hour away. Nice track too. Have a look and check it out.

www.rivercityraceway.org

We'll see today if I'm anygood at this offroad stuff.... lol

Regards,

British Menace
Old 05-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'll ship the car + bits straight over... lol.

Bad news on the new CV's you got. I think, by the sound of things they went a little too far with the lightening of them.

Pulleys sound good though. Have you tried any of these new spring kits yet Paul? The ones that come in 1LB increments.

I need to try and find some springs which will fit that are only0.5, 1.0 and 1.5LB (!!!???) Do you know anywhere? Natrually, I'm having difficulty.
It's for a little suspension project I'm trying
Them and 1/8th scale roll bars.......get the idea?

Anyway, off to an Off-Road race today just over an hour away. Nice track too. Have a look and check it out.

www.rivercityraceway.org

We'll see today if I'm anygood at this offroad stuff.... lol

Regards,

British Menace
i havent tried the new springs, i have been using Serpent and Kyosho springs of late. they are more progressive than teh TM spring kit.
not sure what your after with the springs ?
as for the of road, i didnt really like it much. too dirty for me. and a tad slow.
good luck though
Old 05-19-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

hi guys,
what can cause your car to pull to its left when braked hard?

i've done the follwoing but it still happens...
shocks swopped left right
chassis flatness ok, not tweaked
droops checked ok

any suggestions?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by keavze
hi guys,

droops checked ok

any suggestions?
There are a couple of things you may want to check......

Binding or bad wheel bearing........ take the side belt off and slide your motor away so that it's not meshhed with your spur gears. Now try turning your axles to see if you have any binding and that the wheels spin freely.

More likely it could be poor weight distribution.
Try this to see..........
With everything on the car as if you were about to race. Half fill the fuel tank. Now place the car on a flat and level surface.......with a knife or sharp object, gently and slowly lift the front of the car. The knife should be place under the chassis on the centre line of the car! The rear wheels are to remain on the ground.
Watch the front wheels as they go into droop and keep a careful eye on them and see which wheel comes off the ground first. They should come off the ground at the same time. One wheel comming off the ground before the other indicates a poor weight distribution.

Do the same with the rear of the car.
If your droop has been set with a guage or measured equel each side of the car, then whatever hapeens is nothing to do with droop of the car but weight distribution.

This can be altered by moving the collars on the shocks.
This is quite an involved task and you may need to look the procedure up.
If you have any difficulty finding it............ come back. We'll help you out.

Regards,

British Menace
Old 05-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There are a couple of things you may want to check......

Binding or bad wheel bearing........ take the side belt off and slide your motor away so that it's not meshhed with your spur gears. Now try turning your axles to see if you have any binding and that the wheels spin freely.

More likely it could be poor weight distribution.
Try this to see..........
With everything on the car as if you were about to race. Half fill the fuel tank. Now place the car on a flat and level surface.......with a knife or sharp object, gently and slowly lift the front of the car. The knife should be place under the chassis on the centre line of the car! The rear wheels are to remain on the ground.
Watch the front wheels as they go into droop and keep a careful eye on them and see which wheel comes off the ground first. They should come off the ground at the same time. One wheel comming off the ground before the other indicates a poor weight distribution.

Do the same with the rear of the car.
If your droop has been set with a guage or measured equel each side of the car, then whatever hapeens is nothing to do with droop of the car but weight distribution.

This can be altered by moving the collars on the shocks.
This is quite an involved task and you may need to look the procedure up.
If you have any difficulty finding it............ come back. We'll help you out.

Regards,

British Menace
So you're basically talking about tweak. Get a tweak station, easy to use and fast.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by keavze
hi guys,

droops checked ok

any suggestions?
you can also check your shock lengths. if they are not the same this will effect the amount of up travel your suspension has front and rear and cause one wheel to lift before the other.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Baedarlboo
So you're basically talking about tweak. Get a tweak station, easy to use and fast.
Yes I am, but I worded it in this fasion as I did not want keavz to get confused as he had already mentioned having checked the chassis for "tweak" in his post. You are correct though. A good quality "Tweek Station" complete with instructions will get you there too !!

Originally Posted by nitrodrinker
you can also check your shock lengths. if they are not the same this will effect the amount of up travel your suspension has front and rear and cause one wheel to lift before the other.
Ofcourse! This may well be your problem keavz. Well pointed out nitrodrinker! If you shocks are different lengths (Thats full length of shoc - extended) from left to right on the same axle. This will give you one wheel rising before the other.

All these are good thing's to check keavz.

All the best.

Regards,

British Menace
Old 05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes I am, but I worded it in this fasion as I did not want keavz to get confused as he had already mentioned having checked the chassis for "tweak" in his post. You are correct though. A good quality "Tweek Station" complete with instructions will get you there too !!

Ofcourse! This may well be your problem keavz. Well pointed out nitrodrinker! If you shocks are different lengths (Thats full length of shoc - extended) from left to right on the same axle. This will give you one wheel rising before the other.

All these are good thing's to check keavz.

All the best.

Regards,
:
British Menace
shock lengths are usually missed when building a kit
Old 05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
A+++ service from TM!

i would just like to mention that on Thursday May 8th, I placed an order from Team Magic in Tiawan for 2 r/c bodies and a lightweight battery pack, I choose the slower shipping which was pricey ( $24, but understandable from tiawan), anyways the shipping time was listed as 2 weeks with no tracking, well today Monday May 12th I received the package here in the USA, both bodies and the battery, all within 4 days and over a weekend from tiawan, all I have to say is GREAT job TM, I will be ordering from you again, because even though shipping is pricey, thats how much I would pay for express shipping 3-5 days in the States.
two thumbs up for TM
Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

hi BM and nitrodrinker,
after going through what u suggested, think i found out what's the problem...

the screws for adjusting levelness of the frt arms were not tight enough, causing my left and right arms not level with each other...

levelled them and to be tested on track this coming weekend!

thanks for yr tips...
Old 05-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi all

been a while since I posted here ...

just got a whole heap of upgrades for my G4RS plus a spare car for spares (cheaper than buying separate bits)

will post more pics once I finish the assembly
Old 05-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Omarko
hi all

been a while since I posted here ...

just got a whole heap of upgrades for my G4RS plus a spare car for spares (cheaper than buying separate bits)

will post more pics once I finish the assembly
KFactory definately make some nice stuff!!but I will have to sell my house to afford this lot
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.