Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
so for all out serious racing the G4RS is better set than the G4+?

the Mongoose is deff. going, and the g4s is gonan follow 90% chance.

I want to start fresh.

the JLR .12 i am keeping as a practice/backup engine, and i will pickup a new JL3 (the revised jlr). my current jlr has maybe 3/4 of a gallon through it.

i just need to know if the g4rs has all the newest and greatest parts out off all the current models.

I have driven with a front one way since I started, how different is it to used to a diff in the front?

and the rs comes with the ED transmission and UFO2 clutch out of the box right?
The G4 RS has everything you need to lay the smack down You can however use some of the nice trick parts off your G4+ ...I wouldn't bother, doesn't make the car any faster.

I haven't tried the diff yet, one-ways are old news down here, but with a spool the car is awesome.

You get the UFO2 and the ED out of the box, although the ED in this car is like a "budget" version which uses plastic pulleys ( a good thing IMHO)

A couple of little tips for you with the JLR ( I run LRP, pretty much the same engine)...

#1 you might have to grind a little off the side tab on the engine block .( the little bit which holds the engine onto the engine mount) to give you clearance between it and the rear belt pulley.

#2 - Engine likes ( loves!) 15/51 - 20/46 gearing
Old 01-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok ok please inform me on this stuff I havent ran since august when one ways were the "in" thing.

now its diffs? i know they provide better braking power and smoother accel depending on the oil, but please expalin this "spool" to me ( makes me feel bad considering I have been in this hobby for 12 years......

also I rather have plastic pulleys and replace them than metal ones and replace the belts...

besides most tracks I run on are spotless and it wont matter. besides the plastic are the gear ratios still improved for maximum performance?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Spool = solid axle

the gear ratios are the same as the ed trans.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

is there any word on an American distributor for TM?

or is TM not going to have a US distributor anymore?

I was looking at RCshopping.com TM's shopping site, and I am going to be raped on shipping when ever I order....

$8 to ship a stupid shock tower? are you kidding me?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was looking at RCshopping.com TM's shopping site, and I am going to be raped on shipping when ever I order....

not worth just to buy 1 item...the shipping would be same if u bought maybe 10 items.

i try 1 piece of lower arm and 20 pieces of lower arm, shipping stays the same.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

try wolfhobbies.com
tey seem to have most stuff on their site. not sure about freight charges though.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

or try www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 01-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Hi I'm newbie on the block. just want to ask if my electronics combo are enuf, not good or to much.
Im using KO 2413 on my steering and Sanwa VB servo on my throttle with generic receiver (Hitec) any comments on it, or do i need to change something?
This is my first car (team magic - G4S)thats why don't have an idea.
Regarding car setup just following the manual and some hearsays
Any input will be highly appreciated

thanks!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

I went to wolfhobbies and the prices are decent so is the shipping, but he has alot of parts for the RS listed as $0.00 so im asuming they didnt get them in yet.

I just wish site would separate the RS form the G4 parts because alot of things aren't interchangable.

Also speedworldraceway.com has the RS listed for $419, he sent me a PM saying it was $395, which is it?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pimoy_boy
Hi I'm newbie on the block. just want to ask if my electronics combo are enuf, not good or to much.
Im using KO 2413 on my steering and Sanwa VB servo on my throttle with generic receiver (Hitec) any comments on it, or do i need to change something?
This is my first car (team magic - G4S)thats why don't have an idea.
Regarding car setup just following the manual and some hearsays
Any input will be highly appreciated

thanks!
I went to wolfhobbies and the prices are decent so is the shipping, but he has alot of parts for the RS listed as $0.00 so im asuming they didnt get them in yet.

I just wish site would separate the RS form the G4 parts because alot of things aren't interchangable.

Also speedworldraceway.com has the RS listed for $419, he sent me a PM saying it was $395, which is it?
ok first thing with the g4s best to search for the g4s thread all the info you seek is there as this thread is for the g4rs, secondly go for $395 thats a good deal if he sent u a pm with that price its a deal and speedworld have all the parts, just use you manual to make sure you get the right part.
hope this helps
cheers
Old 01-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Ok so far this is what I got. Correct me if Im wrong.

1) For serious all out racing the G4RS is the BEST car out of the g4 lineup.

2) Part support in the states is ok but not as good as it used to be, because TM does not have a US distributor.

3)The new rear anti-roll bar on the RS aparently sucks?

4) The car isnt even heavy enough to be legal

5) The RS has all the best hopups possible without being flashy, ED transmission, UFO2 clutch, quick release diffs.

6) G4RS is the obvious upgrade to go with from the G4S.

Quick question though, did TM ever make another crash kit? I know this was old, but spending $60 on a baggie with spare a-arms, pulleys, hubs, belts, and spur gears was alot easier than adding 20 items to your shopping cart.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Suspended

rcrevolution, I have shopped at www.speedworldraceway.com and just moved close to the area last year in Nevada. I went to their track in California about 2 hours away for the first time and meet the owner last weekend, the track they have is one of the best I have ever seen and the owner was way cool. I watched him help some customers out on the track with their cars. He will not rape you on anything, you can tell by his facility and hobby shop. Trust me, this hobby shop is no bigger than a large master bed room, but the shop has everything you need inside and organized for on-road, it is unbeliebable.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Help!

Hi

I am looking at getting a TM RTR car, i found this on RcMart website but i am not sure if they got the description correct or not?

- Front Universals
- Alloy Hex Wheel Adaptors
- Single Bell Crank Steering Design

Link

It sounds more like a G4S RTR to me!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S710_Nut
Hi

I am looking at getting a TM RTR car, i found this on RcMart website but i am not sure if they got the description correct or not?

- Front Universals
- Alloy Hex Wheel Adaptors
- Single Bell Crank Steering Design

Link

It sounds more like a G4S RTR to me!!!!
HI the first two in your list do not sound correct I am sure the rtr comes with plastic hex wheel adapters and no unis on the front or rear they are all dog bones, this is a great rtr probably the best on the market but to be competitive best to get the G4RS or even the G4JS. I bought my rtr from rcmart and had no problems you could also try www.rcshopping.com
cheers
Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Ok so far this is what I got. Correct me if Im wrong.

1) For serious all out racing the G4RS is the BEST car out of the g4 lineup.

2) Part support in the states is ok but not as good as it used to be, because TM does not have a US distributor.

3)The new rear anti-roll bar on the RS aparently sucks?

4) The car isnt even heavy enough to be legal

5) The RS has all the best hopups possible without being flashy, ED transmission, UFO2 clutch, quick release diffs.

6) G4RS is the obvious upgrade to go with from the G4S.

Quick question though, did TM ever make another crash kit? I know this was old, but spending $60 on a baggie with spare a-arms, pulleys, hubs, belts, and spur gears was alot easier than adding 20 items to your shopping cart.
ok here we go
1/G4RS good for low to medium grip tracks and G4+good for med to high grip and has every kfactory option available
2/www.wolfhobbies.com is the new distributor a good online shop for USA is www.speedworldraceway.com all parts are online
3/the G4RS run virtually the same rear sway bar as the kyosho and xray I am fairly sure there have not been any issues as they all connect off the lower arm set and are adjusted by the angle of the rods 0 thru to 90deg so there easy to setup
4/I am sure there is no weight issues on the car as a few guys have added things like lipo battery and some mods here and there which bring the weight down to give you the ability to add weight where you want (tweak)
5/the only thing missing on the car would be rear universals(only in front?)
6/absolutely G4RS
no crash kit that I have seen maybe some of the guys that have been in it b4 me might know but if you add up the parts needed, belts allround,upper and lower front and rear arms,front and rear hubs,front and rear shock towers,front plastic brace foam bumber,plastic under bumper,body posts, all this should keep you out of trouble for around the $60 or so mark go to www.rc-mushroom.com they are the cheapest on parts 1-2 week wait for shipping!
hope this helps
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.