Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

personalized aluminium fuel tank mount and brace...
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc00451.jpg  

Last edited by OrAnGe PoWeR; 01-01-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
I've done some testing with the nt1 clutch setup yesterday on my g4-.. after about 7 tanks, clutch wear is almost none existent (main problem with the ed, clutch wear).. spurs looks almost untouched even though i was using a 15t pinion... overall, i was really happy with the mod......
so what parts were you using from the NT1 , complete clutch or just bell and shoe ?
Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
so what parts were you using from the NT1 , complete clutch or just bell and shoe ?
Hi Pattojnr, few guys at our track were using the nt1 clutch bell, nt1 pinions and nt1 thrust bearings only.. i'm using the whole nt1 clutch setup except for the black clutch spring, clutch spring cup and clutchbell bushing.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
personalized alumuminium fuel tank mount and brace...
hey...mine is exactly the same!

btw, other than nt1, serpent 720 clutch also works...
Old 12-30-2007, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

At the end of the day the more stick time makes a difference.
I have been running with a spool for a while now and love it.
It allows for late braking and hard acceleration out of the corners.
The oneway i have only used on a fast flowing track early in the year but the car felt inconsistant so changed to spool and was faster for me by a second a lap.
I guess it also depends on your driving style as some guys swear by the oneway and others diff/spool.
When in doubt i always go back to the spool setup of Darren Johnson and work from there.
As for initial understeer with the spool, try a bit more caster or rear droop.
Sure the RS will be a improvement but im happy for now with my cars as they are.Will look at RS upgrades though.

Aussies the Red dot is a excellent motor and very underated.
Im going back to the Palmaris PR12 definately the motor that worked best for me especially with accelleration.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hello Everyone.

Good to see lots of "new" people with the G4. A great car btw !
I see some have been trying out the Nt1 clutch......interesting?!

Good to see another evolution to the car in the G4RS. Another bringing together of the upgrades available for the car. I do like the different role-centre options on the rear. Cool !

Last race of the year I tried bringing together all the 'upgrades' and improvements with the car in an endevour to make thecar as light as possible then add weight where I wanted to bring the car to weight. (1725g)
I didn't realize I would have to add around 80g to get it to weight. I may look at making brass weights to add to the car on the bottom pivot points as Joel J did with his 1/8th Evolva. Which I thought was an excelent idea!
My car was hugely underweight and became a little unblanced with the added weight. (Not really distributed correctly.........insufficient time and bad weather :-( )

I had the car ready to run at 1640g !! (Just a little underweight..lol)

With the advent of Wolf Hobbies, I may stick with the G4 now. Still to really decide as I would like to try my hand at offroad competition. We'll see.

All the best to all G4 owners anddrivers and a happy new year to all !!

British Menace
Old 12-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hello All

Hello Everyone.

Good to see another evolution to the car in the G4RS. Another bringing together of the upgrades available for the car. I do like the different role-centre options on the rear. Cool !

Last race of the year I tried bringing together all the 'upgrades' and improvements with the car in an endevour to make thecar as light as possible then add weight where I wanted to bring the car to weight. (1725g)
I didn't realize I would have to add around 80g to get it to weight. I may look at making brass weights to add to the car on the bottom pivot points as Joel J did with his 1/8th Evolva. Which I thought was an excelent idea!
My car was hugely underweight and became a little unblanced with the added weight. (Not really distributed correctly.........insufficient time and bad weather :-( )

With the advent of Wolf Hobbies, I may stick with the G4 now. Still to really decide as I would like to try my hand at offroad competition. We'll see.

British Menace
Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Menace nice to see you still sticking to the G4s

To all G4/S/+/RS owners Happy New Year !!!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Menace nice to see you still sticking to the G4s

To all G4/S/+/RS owners Happy New Year !!!
Yes Happy New Year to All
also i have the new chassis and rear end bits coming for the new year, G4RS +
Old 12-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Yes Happy New Year to All
also i have the new chassis and rear end bits coming for the new year, G4RS +
Happy New Year to all...

with so much $ and efforts into my G4S+, dont think i'll dump it for anything else!

like what pattojnr is going to do, i may convert my G4S+ to G4RS+...
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hey...mine is exactly the same!

btw, other than nt1, serpent 720 clutch also works...
you must be from sg too...

BM: Glad you'll be sticking with the G4..

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Hi id like to know your genuine oppinions of this car and what are the pro's and con's of it.

what are the most common parts that you spend/stock up on?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hello Everyone.

British Menace
British!I think that you have devoted alot to this car and to give it away would be a huge loss to all g4s/g4+/g4rs owners!!stick with it mate it can only get better.
also as for the weight issue have you ever thought about using lead head tape which are used by tennis pros to make ther racquets heavier, it can be stuck anywhere?happy new year.
cheers
Michael
Old 12-31-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hello Everyone.

British Menace
British!I think that you have devoted alot to this car and to give it away would be a huge loss to all g4s/g4+/g4rs owners!!stick with it mate it can only get better. As for the weight issue have you ever looked at lead head tape used by tennis pros to make there racquets heavier and it can be stuck any where?can be found in any tennis/sports store.
happy new year.
cheers
Michael
Old 12-31-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
Hi id like to know your genuine oppinions of this car and what are the pro's and con's of it.

what are the most common parts that you spend/stock up on?
I think you really have to be talking about the g4rs when you ask about pros and cons, the new car has a few improvements over the g4s, I am not an owner of this car yet so some others guys who have one may want to comment, I was happy to see them make the ed transmission standard on the g4rs which was a costly upgrade on the g4s also my experience is that the g4s is a very durable car and I would say the g4rs would be the same., as for spares you will need the usual, spurs 1st and 2nd,pinions,screw set, a set of belts allround, possibly a spare fuel tank, I keep front and rear arms upper and lower, also front and rear shock towers(these are in case of a crash or someone crashing into you) clutch shoe, and your norm plugs and exhaust seals can anyone else add to this??
hope this helps
cheers

Last edited by aussies1129; 12-31-2007 at 06:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.