Team Magic G4

Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnitro
Patto,

How did you and the G4s crew do on the nationals???
i sent you a PM a few days ago. i also got an email from facebook. i will sort this out on the weekend.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Ok Alan, i jumped the gun a little.
now for the info i have and what i can see, yes the chassis and the rear bulkheads need to be purchased to upgrade a G4S. im sorry about the misinformation.
now as far as the wording of the updates, these are for the G4S.
the G4+ has the flying wing arms, the speedshot and ED trans and duro gears.
the improved gear ratio, ED trans, but with plastic gears, not the lightweight alloy ones on the G4+. the speedshot front end is slightly different, as the tank attatches to the radio plate, not the carbon bracket of the speedshot(this is the quick release radio tray) allows the tank and all electronics to be removed together.
while there are these slight differences to the G4+, the kit endevours to update the G4S more so than the G4+. but at the price they are offering the G4RS , its much better to buy the new car for sure. we will have to wait to see how much different tis kit is to the G4+.
my main concern was the wording of the updates on the advertisment. as a G4+ owner, i wasnt sure if this was also updating the G4+ as much as the G4S was being updated.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

Hi @ all

When i look the new big Pictures on the TM Website it looks so that this is not right...
Carbon Fiber X Plate - Tank doesnt attach to this anymore
Quick Release Carbon Fiber Radio Plate - Tank attaches to radio-tray
I hope one of the TM Team can say us more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatings from germay

Marc
Old 11-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g4-racing.de
Hi @ all

When i look the new big Pictures on the TM Website it looks so that this is not right...

I hope one of the TM Team can say us more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatings from germay

Marc
it is right Marc, if you take a closer look , the plastic middle mount stops at the carbon V section of the speed shot. then there is a tank mount pin coming off the radio tray
Old 11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Just north of Atlanta at foot of North Georgia Mtns. Best Motorcycle riding in the east coast ^^
Talking G4S on Trinity Site!

Well..I must say..I purchased this car just a few mins ago from Trinity..yeah..I know..what an idiot..however..this is a good ride!. The price is only 204$ us..so..for you guys who have them..might be a cheap way to snarf some parts!! Looks like parts will be maintained..has any of you guys bothered to contact Joel Johnson and ask him wtf is going on?? Curious..this is link to the trinity site where the g4s is being sold:
http://store.teamtrinity.com/Merchan...tegory_Code=SD
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Raceday Hobbies still has a spread of the G4/G4S products for those that wish to continue running the car. We have the TM parts and the K Factory parts as well. We have a good supply of all the plus G4+ parts. We ar not buried in the parts, so yes we will run out in time, however we have a very deep inventory so we are still a good source for all G4 racers.

I thank Bristish Menace for setting the record straight about us throwing in the towel and not the other way around. Indeed the management is poor with no concept or respect for their loyal customers. I am talking about all of us who have and/or still presently race their car. Hopefully one day it will change.

I found it interesting about the Australian distributors, because I found TM selling one of their customers a car at distributor pricing. When called down on it, they did not care. It was one of the reason as they say... the straw that broke the camels back. So for the Austrailian distributors.... watch you back!

Someone mentioned Serpent. We will have the new 720 '08 car and already have a complete inventory for 720's that will show soon on our website. Our philosophy has always been we will have a complete live inventory of parts for every car we sell. So if anyone is going to Serpent... We will keeep you running on Raceday!

Just remember two things... first.. this is just a hobby and it only money! .... Second.. Just have fun and go fast!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

No problem Pattojnr... Even though I'm taking a break from 1/10 scale nitro and will try my hand at 1/8 scale only through the 2008 season, I always like to see the G4 do well... Sad the car is not supported here like the other top companies... and this is just Me, but Mugen is a class act as far as how they support there drivers and there customers here in the US... TM could learn alot from them. Pattojnr, let everyone know how the G4RS handles once you get your hands on one since it will probably not find it way to the US and if it does, it's support will not be worth the effort...

RC_Alan
Old 11-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by G4S'er
Raceday Hobbies still has a spread of the G4/G4S products for those that wish to continue running the car. We have the TM parts and the K Factory parts as well. We have a good supply of all the plus G4+ parts. We ar not buried in the parts, so yes we will run out in time, however we have a very deep inventory so we are still a good source for all G4 racers.

I thank Bristish Menace for setting the record straight about us throwing in the towel and not the other way around. Indeed the management is poor with no concept or respect for their loyal customers. I am talking about all of us who have and/or still presently race their car. Hopefully one day it will change.

I found it interesting about the Australian distributors, because I found TM selling one of their customers a car at distributor pricing. When called down on it, they did not care. It was one of the reason as they say... the straw that broke the camels back. So for the Austrailian distributors.... watch you back!

Someone mentioned Serpent. We will have the new 720 '08 car and already have a complete inventory for 720's that will show soon on our website. Our philosophy has always been we will have a complete live inventory of parts for every car we sell. So if anyone is going to Serpent... We will keeep you running on Raceday!

Just remember two things... first.. this is just a hobby and it only money! .... Second.. Just have fun and go fast!!!!
Sam is one of the nicest guys in RC... He's fair, stand up and truly loves the hobby!!! He treats his customers like family too... Sam, I wish you continued success with Raceday hobbies...

RC_Alan
Old 11-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Good luck Sam !

And here i am thinking i was the only one getting stiffed.
I really hope TM can do the right thing and soon, it makes all the achievements by the racers worth nothing even the win for the Euro Champs.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys
i need to ask 2 questions regarding a new build of a g4s (stock).

1) How come my nomadio tranceiver v2, doesnt quite fit in the receiver housing of the car? A hasty mod by me, puts the transeiver 1-2 mm below the chassis
Cannot figure an easy way out.

2) How come the pre-build steering blocks have so much endplay??
Rest of the assembly is ok but endplay of steering system screams "low quality"

Ppl that face same problems plz stand up and help.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 AM

steering blocks don't come pre-assembled in G4S. you may take the slack by tightening pivot ball nuts.. just be sure that blocks don't bind. my G4S has no play..

Asil
Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Hmm..Steering blocks (502150,151 etc) do come preassembled in my kit.
But the slack maybe intentional to make the assembly easier. After putting the front system together i may have to tighten the nuts as u said.
I withdraw the "quality" comment and i have one more chick to slap myself for the "transceiver" problem

Maybe i need a day off work
Old 11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Dudes, you guys should come to Brazil!
I don't know why you are complaning, you're almost in rc paradise!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
it is right Marc, if you take a closer look , the plastic middle mount stops at the carbon V section of the speed shot. then there is a tank mount pin coming off the radio tray
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
on the RB side of things, just put it on hold for a bit. let your friend get over his new arrival, (just as well the misses had it ) no rush , i might have something on the go at the moment, but will keep in touch. hurry up and get your VRC so we can race man
and just a reminder, that show is on the 4th of Feb , so do keep that in mind, you might be able to hand deliver the items
Hi
I have take a lok of the new exploded view from the TM Homepage and see the differts.. :-)
Old 11-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by emankov
Hi guys
i need to ask 2 questions regarding a new build of a g4s (stock).

1) How come my nomadio tranceiver v2, doesnt quite fit in the receiver housing of the car? A hasty mod by me, puts the transeiver 1-2 mm below the chassis
Cannot figure an easy way out.

2) How come the pre-build steering blocks have so much endplay??
Rest of the assembly is ok but endplay of steering system screams "low quality"

Ppl that face same problems plz stand up and help.

Thanks

Bud just make sure the plastic inserts are inside the pivot blocks and refer back to the manual.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.