Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
All this talk though is stimulating and it is very exciting about what is happenning with TM right now.
The G4+
1/8th Scale New Car.
M1B making heads turn.
Team Magic America being anounced.
Mike Blackstock being signed full time!!

Oh yes, TM is on the move again. Good to see and be a part of!

rmdhawaii,
Agree to dissagree on some things, but you must admit. Things are on the move and changing. Looks as though all in the right direction too.
Definitely agree.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Rainer ~ I see what you're saying, I guess when I think of a car with 'issues' I think of my first nitro sedan made by HoBao. Now THAT was a car with issues. Having to resolder the battery, yeah I guess that's a bit of a problem(so long ago I forgot about it!). I guess I was just challenging your theory about the only good G4 is a G4+ (hence the reason you didn't buy the G4S). We can agree to disagree on this point.

Menace ~ I look forward to seeing the input from Mike, hopefully it's more than when he was with Trinity. And I think things are for sure going in the right direction.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thats awesome news and info G4ser
rmd i think it would be cool if you got a car so you could experience the G4S and also give us feedback of it compared to the other cars you have.
Im sure you will like the car just as much as we do

As for the details on the G4S being troublesome, i dont think so but having niggles like any other car id say yes.
i built a 2nd G4S chassis so i can compare my ED equiped car and try different setups between the two that are mentioned here on the board.

I have to say i was pleasantly surprised when i was faster with the stock G4S with 20t side and brake pully compared to my ED car.
Also I was faster with a spool compared to a diff and the car liked a softer suspension setup.

seeing that its a learning curve im noting everything to come to a conclucion or to see where i have been going wrong with my setup on the Ed car.
ED car i have rebuilt again according to advice from Muppet and will run it on Saturday.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The list of issues that I'm referring to was collected while reading through the G4 threads here at RCTech - roughly 10,000 posts. I really didn't set out to come up with this list - it just sort of worked out that way. Even you've had issues with your car (battery pack fell apart & having to drill a seperate hole for your attenna wire so it wouldn't touch the radio plate are in my notes).

What I see as "issues" may well be perceived by others as "well, that's just what needed to be done". You don't have to shorten the wheel base on other cars. You don't have to fill parts with JB Weld so they don't bend during a crash. You don't have to resolder battery packs that fall apart. You don't have to CA glue the shock bladders so the shocks don't leak. You don't have to replace the entire drive train so that the car drives better - at 1/3 the cost of the car. And so on... Yes, I know you don't have to do these things, but people are doing it!
well with all the talk i have seen from you recently, i honestly thaught you had been racing the car, or at least owned one. i think the best way to base an informed opinion of the car is to actually own one, and try the things that have been suggested on this forum, after running the car stock. i think most issues have come from the owners of the cars (me included) through either lack of experience and lack of maintanence and or repairs. some things 2 or 3 mins before a final tend to slip the mind, and are over looked. i have raced this car for a while now , and honestly can say apart from the ED front lay shaft, nothing on this car has broken during racing or testing. i have replaced parts soley on them being worn out. my spur gear issues have been sorted , by using the servo mount screws as suggested by some. filling of parts was done for precaution, and now TM has a nylon speedshot top brace. as for setups, once the siffer and heavier or lighter parts are on the car , the characteristics do change, as they would on every car. i have never glued the bladders in the shocks, and never had one leak. again i think more for precaution. Most people share their info on here, and for the better of the experience for others, and things for others to try.
If one was to buy a G4S at the moment, most are offereing the ED as no added cost. im sure this will be the better way to experience this car, before the + comes out. as all G4S cars can be converted to a plus i see no negatives about that just all ++ .
Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well with all the talk i have seen from you recently, i honestly thaught you had been racing the car, or at least owned one. i think the best way to base an informed opinion of the car is to actually own one, and try the things that have been suggested on this forum, after running the car stock. i think most issues have come from the owners of the cars (me included) through either lack of experience and lack of maintanence and or repairs. some things 2 or 3 mins before a final tend to slip the mind, and are over looked. i have raced this car for a while now , and honestly can say apart from the ED front lay shaft, nothing on this car has broken during racing or testing. i have replaced parts soley on them being worn out. my spur gear issues have been sorted , by using the servo mount screws as suggested by some. filling of parts was done for precaution, and now TM has a nylon speedshot top brace. as for setups, once the siffer and heavier or lighter parts are on the car , the characteristics do change, as they would on every car. i have never glued the bladders in the shocks, and never had one leak. again i think more for precaution. Most people share their info on here, and for the better of the experience for others, and things for others to try.
If one was to buy a G4S at the moment, most are offereing the ED as no added cost. im sure this will be the better way to experience this car, before the + comes out. as all G4S cars can be converted to a plus i see no negatives about that just all ++ .
yeah buy it , thrash it, have fun, and enjoy the hope ups - every car always requires hopups, and most of all if you can drive, then any car id say is competitive....

i see alot of lads change car to car and find makes no differant to there driving or times, and with more track tiime based in one car you can fine tune the car to ur driving style

its pretty much like a normal race car, they might be all the same models but youll always have one driver with a better setup to suit his driving...!

i am sure you will enjoy either G4S or G4+ - one just has improved on product parts , the next part would be Engine, Exhaust, Radio, and tires with car knowledge setup!

thats is all
Old 06-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

OK guys info on the G4+

Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=razzor;3377077]OK guys info on the G4+
QUOTE]

WOW, very Dark and Mysterious.
very nice pics. so much so i must say, looks like sex on wheels
they should have no problem selling all 999 of them.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

They should label it "BLACK MAGIC" catchy name
Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
They should label it "BLACK MAGIC" catchy name
hahahahahaha
now that would be going backwards.
you musnt know about the Black Magic G4
Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
hahahahahaha
now that would be going backwards.
you musnt know about the Black Magic G4
LOL nope - shows how long i been in the RC world
Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Wasnt the early version of the G4 called a Black Magic ??? Might be wrong but it does ring a note
Old 06-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

yes it was.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by razzor
Wasnt the early version of the G4 called a Black Magic ??? Might be wrong but it does ring a note

ha ha ...i still own a Black Magic G4....C - Class
Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys... I am very excited about the venture this time the right way with team magic... The last time was a waste but we will not go talk about that other company here.... We have GREAT and Exciting times ahead... I have signed a two year contract. And will help in all possible ways to get the team magic nitro program going strong.

I am looking forward to talking and helping anyway that i can.. I should be getting some new stuff here in the next week or so then i will be testing like crazy ..I will be posting here and some other places often to help with Questions and setup tips etc.. Be patient if i do not answer you right away but i will try my best....

the first race i plan on attending will be the Great lakes challenge in Toledo ohio.. I know we are committed to making this one of the premier cars of the industry and with some good hard work and a great leader like we have. I am 100% sure this will be happening... .

Thanks for the support guys ...

Mike Blackstock
Old 06-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Welcome to the family Mike
wish you well with the challenge ahead.

Do you know who else is lined up to run G4S cars in the US or is it just you for know ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.