Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

No nead to appologise my friend...............I'm a very light hearted person and very hard to offend as some of my competitors on the track can vouch. I don't get mad very easily..

You stay in your witty mood my friend.
Hey.......if you get your eyes tested, will that mean you'll become an even better driver Patto...........? Look out everyone down under

Hey, I have to go. Good talking to you my friend.

Regards,

Menace
Old 05-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Well it has been a while since pottery and camera class at school...........lol

I have to go and build a trampoline for the youngster now.......
One of the jobs I have to do before I go away this weekend for the Big race in Cincinatti.
Rather work on the car as it's in a million pieces at the moment

Still, family does have to come first.................only by a neck, but still first.

Menace
good luck !
can always invite the kids next door to do the initial bounce test
saves you a trip to the hospital.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Car question?

After watching a RC Pro Series race this weekend, I have decided to purchase a 1/10 scale car. Since I am also in the process of shopping for a home, the car is going to be something economical but still competitive on a sportsman level.

I was considering a RDLogics Mongoose with a JL Red Dot .12. The track I would be running on is large (301 Raceway in Maryland) and pretty flowing. Good choice? I am open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Another....
The two speed housing I felt could be improved. As you can see in this photo, some extra material has been milled out and one large bearing instead of the two was also fitted.
This new bearing is 5mm wide so there neads to be a shim between the bearing and the drive pin that locates into the two speed cam. I felt the speed the two speed shaft runs at, (17,000 rpm with stock gearing, 13,000rpm with ED) it's very hard on those small bearings.

Menace
That is a GOOD mod!!! It also works great.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Another....
The two speed housing I felt could be improved. As you can see in this photo, some extra material has been milled out and one large bearing instead of the two was also fitted.
This new bearing is 5mm wide so there neads to be a shim between the bearing and the drive pin that locates into the two speed cam. I felt the speed the two speed shaft runs at, (17,000 rpm with stock gearing, 13,000rpm with ED) it's very hard on those small bearings.

Menace
BM i take it teh housing is milled straight through and that the bearing should sit flush to rear of housing ???
Old 05-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ED vs Standard Gearing

has anybody tried to run and Ed transmission with standard kit pinions? If so what was the result?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
After watching a RC Pro Series race this weekend, I have decided to purchase a 1/10 scale car. Since I am also in the process of shopping for a home, the car is going to be something economical but still competitive on a sportsman level.

I was considering a RDLogics Mongoose with a JL Red Dot .12. The track I would be running on is large (301 Raceway in Maryland) and pretty flowing. Good choice? I am open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I don't know what a Mongoose is priced at, but "kitwise", I would get a G4S RTR, and change the motor as needed. That if a G4S pro kit + motor don't fall in your budget.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hmm, droop is the culprit??? keke. well, all these while we have been using droop 0 front and droop 5 rear. i know its weird, but it really is nice to drive. i tried following the standard setting of droop 3 front and 4 rear, but just cant get used to it. keke...
Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
BM i take it teh housing is milled straight through and that the bearing should sit flush to rear of housing ???
Thats right.
Although I did leave a very small lip on the front of the housing just for the bearing to seat on.
The bigger bearing does handle the speeds and the forces involved well although a ceramic would be even more so

Menace
Old 05-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Well, just thought.
It's almost flush1
Just leave a little protrusion at the back.
Only small. I left the bearing protruding out of the housing at the rear about 0.010"
To run on the baulkhead bearing.

Menace
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Dan, last round i ran 3mm shorter rear wheelbase. the car came alive in the steering department for sure, but i didnt really notice any stright line stability problems at all. i have found that doing this mod has helped the steering so much, i can now run harder front tires and springs, which has to help in the long run

Thanks Patto,

I was struggling for turn in up at Bunbury so am hoping this mod will assist. Have also made some changes to the rear so hopefully it sticks nice. See you Sunday.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default diff

Hi when you are using a spool diff infront what diff oil I can use in the rear?

thanks

Joe
Old 05-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Please help

Hi there
Can anyone please help me. I have started to hop up my g4 and purchased the k factory chassis with carbon stiffners and the 3 racing carbon side stiffners and alloy radio plate supports. but as i've fitted them all i carn't see how the throttle/brake servo fits in as the side stiffner on the clutch side is longer towards the front fo the car. Can anyone help
Regards Rodney
Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodney
Hi there
Can anyone please help me. I have started to hop up my g4 and purchased the k factory chassis with carbon stiffners and the 3 racing carbon side stiffners and alloy radio plate supports. but as i've fitted them all i carn't see how the throttle/brake servo fits in as the side stiffner on the clutch side is longer towards the front fo the car. Can anyone help
Regards Rodney
first thing is, is it a g4s or g4 mongoose/c/e. these plates are different. also the long plate with the side belt tensioner, is on the engine pipe side. the K factory chassis that you have is designed for the mongoose/C/E G4. so i do hope you have one of these and not the G4S.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 AM

guys, I've installed K-factory fuel tank and so pleased with it since I was able to adjust pressure nipple side according to high speed turns on track. One thing is I suspect if it's leaking at the rear of cap. If I remember correct it was written here about it but can not find it.

Do you remember about it?

Asil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.