Team Magic G4

Old 04-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnitro
Sam,

That is absolutely amazing how Paul can have minimum experience witht the car and still show up in the A main. Those guys in A main are like gods sponsored by manufacturers. I think we'll see Paul in the podium after a couple more races with the G4s. His understanding of the fine adjustments of the car will only get better. Does the Mugen sway bar work well better in dusty conditions or on high traction? I've been racing without any rear sway bar in high traction conditions.

FYI - My second daughter was born April 19. She and her older sister are gonna keep me away from the tracks for a couple months, then I'll start racing again.

Don
Hi Don, and congrats. 2 girls hey just like me, and trust me it will be longer than acouple of months they will keep you from the tracks.
just kidding, hope your racing again soon.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Hi All,

Congratulations to Paul Coleman, Sam and Darren D. on having a good weekend.
Excelent job Paul did on getting to the A main ! Outstanding !

Sully.......if you still nead a manual I have two.....for some reason They are not brand new (2 or 3 months old) but you are welcome to one. Drop me a pm if your interested.

Don (dnitro) .......... Congratulations are having a baby girl ! I had a baby boy in Jan 07. Another girl to melt your heart!

On the rear roll bar.................. I would try running the TM one. It really does help to stabilize the car at the rear. You'll also find the car will have a little more steering.......the car will rotate alot better.
The reason why some have been using the Mugen rear bar is because the TM blade, even when set to 90 degrees (Blade straight up/down) it is still quite soft. The mugen bar is stiffer. (Roughly, the 2.0mm Mugen bar is about equel to the TM blade at 90 degrees).......so the options of 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5mm are all (obviously) stiffer.

Keep your eyes peeled as TM are, I believe, working on a new stiffer rear bar!

Regards to all.

Menace
Old 04-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Wow Don, Congrats on the baby girl! That is totally awesome. I have two girls and they are just delights to my life. I have 2 boys also and they are the costly delights of my life!!! lol Enjoy her!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Thanks Razzor, I'll look at getting the ED and G4S!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

So SerpentD, tell us all of your Vegas experience
Old 04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Patto look forward to seeing ya.One quick question when are SA States on need to book time of work for it

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well, been a busy and expensive night here i must say
flights are booked and paid for, tire orders made and engine on the way
Frankie, Rob, Paul and Shano, i will be seeing you guys soon for the states there. also Mark will be coming and i think also Danny is making the trip over as well. so 3 G4S cars coming your way soon
Old 04-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

I just ordered my GS4!!! Thanks Sam!!
Got one more question. Does the ED transmission accept a front diff on the pully? Our local track is very tight so majority of the guys run all diffs in front of their Mugens and Kyoshos. Just want to make sure before i order it.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Neesh
I just ordered my GS4!!! Thanks Sam!!
Got one more question. Does the ED transmission accept a front diff on the pully? Our local track is very tight so majority of the guys run all diffs in front of their Mugens and Kyoshos. Just want to make sure before i order it.
Hey Neesh............ welcome to the family.
The ED trans system is a great upgrade for the G4 and a deffinate improvement on the stock transmission.
In the kit you will get a new front oneway/spool with the new 30 tooth pulley on. Similar to the axle supplied in the G4s kit.

If you want to run a diff' you can get just the front 30 tooth pulley on it's own.
K14122-9

Is the part number. Just ask Sam. He's got EVERYTHING you nead !

Menace
Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I got word from Team Magic today, that they are okay with the G4S site that I'm going to create - which is excellent news. I'm really pleased that they are supporting this effort. It will make my job that much easier.

BTW... I've been plowing through the previous G4 threads these past two days. Very interesting reading.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Menace!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I got word from Team Magic today, that they are okay with the G4S site that I'm going to create - which is excellent news. I'm really pleased that they are supporting this effort. It will make my job that much easier.

BTW... I've been plowing through the previous G4 threads these past two days. Very interesting reading.

great news, look forward to the new LOOK
Old 04-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC=Realy_Costly
yeah dude its a g4 not g4s, but has almost been entirely converted so not a worry.
i see a MTX4 in ya bag, nice Kosta convince ya
Old 04-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

me no i think his mind was already set but there was just a little part of him that thought otherwise so i quickly got rid of that thought
Old 04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

kodak both cars are great!

and i just went mugen cos before i got my gpx4 i thought about 1 but i wasnt as experienced then so it took is slow.

but we all no its more about the driver than the car, pprovided both have wheels and an engine
Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mtx-4 and g4s are both great cars, but the g4s does come with a bit extra parts stock that you need to buy extra if you want on the mtx-4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.