Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
its gonna be fun man, for sure.
ill need a break after this
round 6 one weekend, SA state titles the following weekend, and our states the weekend after. WOW 3 weeks of full on racing i must be Crazy. but i cant wait. as hectic as it will be, it will be great experience and hope to have a ball in Adelaide thats for sure. oh and the weekend after that the Guns and Roses concert

Oi Patto, looking forward man seing you in Adelaide ya stay will be welcomed by us all here.

Jotted ya booking dates of flights and time is off man, so bring on the State Titles - if the weather hold sup shallbe a great weekend..!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kodak, change your rx battery to a new one and see if problem goes.

Happened to me and a few others and once we put new rx battery in, it was fine.

If it is that, through the battery away as it will continue to happen if you use it. Doesn't matter if it is fully charged or not it will continue to happen.

Cheers
Old 04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sam fix your site, I wanna buy the setup gauges
Old 04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
Sam fix your site, I wanna buy the setup gauges
It works for me so it has to be your computer settings.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arr see car
Kodak, change your rx battery to a new one and see if problem goes.

Happened to me and a few others and once we put new rx battery in, it was fine.

If it is that, through the battery away as it will continue to happen if you use it. Doesn't matter if it is fully charged or not it will continue to happen.

Cheers

cheers for the comment, thou this has been changed to a 1000nimh setup - i think there is something else botherring the car, mmh who knows i am sure its something so simple
Old 04-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

rcrevolution:

Buy the TM setup gauges. I owned the hudy gauges (plastic and metal) and now have the TM gauges. The only thing I don't like about the TM gauges is they are a minor pain to put together, and when they come apart there are a lot of small parts to lose. The gauges are great, they pack up nicely as well.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
rcrevolution:

Buy the TM setup gauges. I owned the hudy gauges (plastic and metal) and now have the TM gauges. The only thing I don't like about the TM gauges is they are a minor pain to put together, and when they come apart there are a lot of small parts to lose. The gauges are great, they pack up nicely as well.
i have TM setting tools oso. its cool and nice bag included. but just like u said, its really troublesome to install it and then remove it everytime using. haha.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

my friend he change all rc tools to TM brand,he really crazy about TM product hehe

Originally Posted by uniquexme
i have TM setting tools oso. its cool and nice bag included. but just like u said, its really troublesome to install it and then remove it everytime using. haha.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Hey guys. I've been following up on this thread from time to time and maybe you could answer some questions for me.
I recently bought a Brand new mongoose and although the car looks to be a good car, what advantage does the g4s have over the old car? the new car does'nt look very different. I know that the battery and receiver has been re-located and the steering bellcranks changed to a single set up. but as far as weight distribution, isn't the mongoose placement of electronics better balanced? I did'nt have the chance to run the car yet but if its a big diffence in performance, I'll get the G4s now and save the mongoose as a spare!
Also, does the new UFO clutch make THAT much of an improvement?
Sorry for the questions that you all must have answered already theres too much pages for me to look up.
Anyway i was just wondering if the new car is worth the extra money or not. I'm also considering the new Nt-1 and Mtx-4R too, But would really like to keep it TM.
Thanks for your help. Shannon
Old 04-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by asw7576
You can email Team Magic for G4S Manual. BTW, make sure your email inbox can accept large files, around 7MB.
Well I emailed Team Magic for the G4S manual and they were kind enough to email it to me. Unfortunately my computer won't open the file. It says that the file may be corrupted or something like that. I am not a computer genious but I know that my email can handle more than 7mb files because I downloaded a TC4 manual a few months ago. Anyway does anyone know where else I maybe able to find a G4S manual. I would even be willing to buy a paper version if someone would sell me one. Even a copy of one would be fine with me.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
rcrevolution:

I have too agree with Scott.
I have both and the TM setup station is just as good as the hudy.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Kodack ,it might not seem like it but try and change the rx battery and give it a try.
A bud had the same hassle with car glitching all the time.
Eventually figured out he had a steering servos that was pulling a lot of current ,had too much torque.changed servo and it was better but still had occasional glitch with hes 1000mah pack.Changed pack and everything is A OK.
Check might be a bad contact on battery or wiring.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Neesh
Hey guys. I've been following up on this thread from time to time and maybe you could answer some questions for me.
I recently bought a Brand new mongoose and although the car looks to be a good car, what advantage does the g4s have over the old car? the new car does'nt look very different. I know that the battery and receiver has been re-located and the steering bellcranks changed to a single set up. but as far as weight distribution, isn't the mongoose placement of electronics better balanced? I did'nt have the chance to run the car yet but if its a big diffence in performance, I'll get the G4s now and save the mongoose as a spare!
Also, does the new UFO clutch make THAT much of an improvement?
Sorry for the questions that you all must have answered already theres too much pages for me to look up.
Anyway i was just wondering if the new car is worth the extra money or not. I'm also considering the new Nt-1 and Mtx-4R too, But would really like to keep it TM.
Thanks for your help. Shannon
Bud the balance of the car is better with the G4S.
If you have a mongoose/G4, then you have spares if you get the G4S kit.
only additional item needed if you are a competitive driver is the ED transmission.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by G4S'er
I want to congradulate Raceday Hobbies driver Paul Coleman for his A main placement with Team Magic's G4S at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this past week. Paul qualified 8th and finished 8th in the A Main. The A main was a who's who list with the likes of Mike Swauger and others that made for a very competitive race.

It is interesting to note that Paul has not driven an on road car in over a year. Paul has practiced with the G4S for a couple of weeks to prior to the race. His setup was pretty much the base setup with no changes during the week just because of a lack of experience in knowing what a change would do for or against the car is the changing conditions over the windy cold/sometime warm weather we experience. This proves what a very wide sweet spot that the G4S has that makes this car easy to drive for the average driver and a winner with drivers of top ability. This is the only car I believe that can say this without tongue in cheek.

Paul did like running the diff in front. This turned out to be a good idea because when the wind would blow, which was most of the time, the track would get dusty. Paul also used the Mugen rear sway bar. Since he never tried it with it off I am not sure how he would like the feel, but it did once again prove to be beneficial under the conditions we found ourselves under most of the time.

I was there and being my first time out this year I had no expectations, as I normally don't have any more ( lol ), but did many changes to my car throughout the whole time there. Paul and myself ran K Factory tires. Paul ran the white rims with the 4mm axle and I ran the black rims with the quick release system. These tires worked great for us and many other drivers there all weekend. I ran 38's, 40, and 42's shores at different times, 4 different spring combinations, different ride heights, and rear RC adjustments along with camber and toe setups. Yes I love to know the cause and effects of all the changes indivdually and in combination with each other. It will take me a while to take all my notes and sort them to make sense, if possible, what it all means and how I can be of help to others in the future. I had a great time in doing this, the G4S never really got bad through all of the changes I made. This was good for me who was driving 3 laps good and 4 laps poorly..lol... but through all those changes, the G4S tried it's best to make me look good! Now that's a great car!!! lol

For those who have an interest in the IDM engine. I ran the engine while I was there and had it into race tune on my last heat and the main. The engine was ballistic low and high end. Good enough where I have receive interest from several top drivers in the 1/10th A main plus the 1/8th A Main class as well, even though I had no .21's at the race. You will see more about this in the next few days and weeks on my website.

A fun weekend and the G4S owners should be proud of our car and Paul Coleman of this weekend's achievements!

Sam
Sam,

That is absolutely amazing how Paul can have minimum experience witht the car and still show up in the A main. Those guys in A main are like gods sponsored by manufacturers. I think we'll see Paul in the podium after a couple more races with the G4s. His understanding of the fine adjustments of the car will only get better. Does the Mugen sway bar work well better in dusty conditions or on high traction? I've been racing without any rear sway bar in high traction conditions.

FYI - My second daughter was born April 19. She and her older sister are gonna keep me away from the tracks for a couple months, then I'll start racing again.

Don
Old 04-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats Dnitro on your new addition

Family comes first
Enjoy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.