Team Magic G4

Old 04-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bcane98
I think it might be in the clutch... I pretty sure about my idle cause any lower and it stalls... I started using 25% Nitro, so I did some low and high speed runs to give it a couple tanks of run in. A little fine tuning and I think I'll have this thing running right... My current running temps are in the 210-220 range...

I used to have a Traxxas 4Tec and the belts were fairly tight... the belts are kinda loose on the G4... not so loose they come off, but looser than the 4Tec... Does that sound right?

I apologize is these questions have been asked before... I need to DL the manual and give that a once over...
u can adjust the side belt w/tensioner and the rear has a tensioner you acn buy/add if you want..i don't use a rear and there is no front ...alittle loose is ok , and if you want tighter buy new belt...but alittle loose is alright...
Old 04-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
He uses spektrum. Welcome to my world Frankie. As you know i too had a bad glitch issue using spektrum.
I noticed that the antenna wire does not like sharp bends or kinks. If you have a kink in it replace the antenna wire.

Also make sure before the antenna goes through the deck it does not touch the aluminum parts under the deck.

Good luck
I have DX3 Spektrum and re commissioned it with my FW 05R over weekend. I zapped my new receiver battery for first time and started adjusting trims and EPA, then it went berserk. I then zapped 5 cell 6V again with higher current than battery rating and glitch has disappeared. I plug battery direct into receiver as well (first generation receiver). My DX 3.0 hasnt glitched once. Interesting. Anyone else with spektrum issue?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default SA state titles

well, been a busy and expensive night here i must say
flights are booked and paid for, tire orders made and engine on the way
Frankie, Rob, Paul and Shano, i will be seeing you guys soon for the states there. also Mark will be coming and i think also Danny is making the trip over as well. so 3 G4S cars coming your way soon
Old 04-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well, been a busy and expensive night here i must say
flights are booked and paid for, tire orders made and engine on the way
Frankie, Rob, Paul and Shano, i will be seeing you guys soon for the states there. also Mark will be coming and i think also Danny is making the trip over as well. so 3 G4S cars coming your way soon
You only live once as they say Paul, have fun!!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
You only live once as they say Paul, have fun!!
its gonna be fun man, for sure.
ill need a break after this
round 6 one weekend, SA state titles the following weekend, and our states the weekend after. WOW 3 weeks of full on racing i must be Crazy. but i cant wait. as hectic as it will be, it will be great experience and hope to have a ball in Adelaide thats for sure. oh and the weekend after that the Guns and Roses concert
Old 04-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
its gonna be fun man, for sure.
ill need a break after this
round 6 one weekend, SA state titles the following weekend, and our states the weekend after. WOW 3 weeks of full on racing i must be Crazy. but i cant wait. as hectic as it will be, it will be great experience and hope to have a ball in Adelaide thats for sure. oh and the weekend after that the Guns and Roses concert
u will love the track here its awesome and there will be so much grip over the weekend wat shore tyres are u planning on running?? btw goodluck
Old 04-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
u will love the track here its awesome and there will be so much grip over the weekend wat shore tyres are u planning on running?? btw goodluck
i will have a good mix, 38-40-42 fronts and same for rears.
i have no idea what grip levels are like there, but with all the cars and length of racing, i am sure grip levels will consistently increase over the weekend.
thanks for the well wishes, and hope to see you there as well
Old 04-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

only reason made the comment on grip is cos wen the nats were held last year the grip increased by huge level and most drivers ran 45s from memory and yer look forward to having a chat with ya
Old 04-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

I want to congradulate Raceday Hobbies driver Paul Coleman for his A main placement with Team Magic's G4S at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this past week. Paul qualified 8th and finished 8th in the A Main. The A main was a who's who list with the likes of Mike Swauger and others that made for a very competitive race.

It is interesting to note that Paul has not driven an on road car in over a year. Paul has practiced with the G4S for a couple of weeks to prior to the race. His setup was pretty much the base setup with no changes during the week just because of a lack of experience in knowing what a change would do for or against the car is the changing conditions over the windy cold/sometime warm weather we experience. This proves what a very wide sweet spot that the G4S has that makes this car easy to drive for the average driver and a winner with drivers of top ability. This is the only car I believe that can say this without tongue in cheek.

Paul did like running the diff in front. This turned out to be a good idea because when the wind would blow, which was most of the time, the track would get dusty. Paul also used the Mugen rear sway bar. Since he never tried it with it off I am not sure how he would like the feel, but it did once again prove to be beneficial under the conditions we found ourselves under most of the time.

I was there and being my first time out this year I had no expectations, as I normally don't have any more ( lol ), but did many changes to my car throughout the whole time there. Paul and myself ran K Factory tires. Paul ran the white rims with the 4mm axle and I ran the black rims with the quick release system. These tires worked great for us and many other drivers there all weekend. I ran 38's, 40, and 42's shores at different times, 4 different spring combinations, different ride heights, and rear RC adjustments along with camber and toe setups. Yes I love to know the cause and effects of all the changes indivdually and in combination with each other. It will take me a while to take all my notes and sort them to make sense, if possible, what it all means and how I can be of help to others in the future. I had a great time in doing this, the G4S never really got bad through all of the changes I made. This was good for me who was driving 3 laps good and 4 laps poorly..lol... but through all those changes, the G4S tried it's best to make me look good! Now that's a great car!!! lol

For those who have an interest in the IDM engine. I ran the engine while I was there and had it into race tune on my last heat and the main. The engine was ballistic low and high end. Good enough where I have receive interest from several top drivers in the 1/10th A main plus the 1/8th A Main class as well, even though I had no .21's at the race. You will see more about this in the next few days and weeks on my website.

A fun weekend and the G4S owners should be proud of our car and Paul Coleman of this weekend's achievements!

Sam
Old 04-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

G4ser thanks for the news

Great to hear you guys had a good time.
PC is a top notch racer and im sure given more track time,he would have the car dialled.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEED HELP CHOOSING!

Hey guys, I really need to buy setup gagues.

but I dont know if I should get the hudy or the team magic gauges, they both do the same thing and both have bearings and such.

but is the TM as acurate as the hudy setup gauges?

I think the hudys cost $130 and the TM $145, but its gonna be like $15 for the setup board, and then I have to find something to mount it on

now Sam I have a quick question, if I decide to buy the TM setup gauges, I will buy them from you, but I do get free shipping right? since its over $50 and I'm in the states, and do you carry the setup board too? I don't know if it's your website or my pc but I cant view the site right now.

Also I need a body, its a close decision between the 3.1 stratus and Nemesis, I really love how the Nemesis looks, anyone know how close the Nemesis performs to the 3.1 stratus? I hear its the same.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Bud i might be am biased but the TM setup is sweet.
For a setup board try and get a off cut piece of 10 - 12mm perspex/polycorbonate sheet around 350mm x 300mm .
alternative is a 6 - 8mm glass that is best but not good for travelling with.

iether way with Hudy or Tm its a worth while purchase.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by razzor
Bud i might be am biased but the TM setup is sweet.
For a setup board try and get a off cut piece of 10 - 12mm perspex/polycorbonate sheet around 350mm x 300mm .
alternative is a 6 - 8mm glass that is best but not good for travelling with.

iether way with Hudy or Tm its a worth while purchase.
Stay away from glass! my 10mm armoured glass board adds a lot to the weight when you travel!

It is cheeper to find a glass company when you arrive at the venue, buy a piece and give it to someone when you leave!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

I have a 6mm glass that i use at home or shop and a 6mm PMb board that i use at teh track and is always in my pit bag.
The PMB is not too good though as it bends easilly and isnt really flat but is a good working surface.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
I have DX3 Spektrum and re commissioned it with my FW 05R over weekend. I zapped my new receiver battery for first time and started adjusting trims and EPA, then it went berserk. I then zapped 5 cell 6V again with higher current than battery rating and glitch has disappeared. I plug battery direct into receiver as well (first generation receiver). My DX 3.0 hasnt glitched once. Interesting. Anyone else with spektrum issue?

I have DX3.0 - the giltich i get is Strange guys, sometimes in a heat when your like in 1st place that i have encountered - the darn thing just tends to stop on fail Safe. For a few seconds it sits there then goes again I swear its Funny but cruel at the same time.

Not sure why its happeing, looks ike i might have to try a few things like cross check wire kinks etc.

When i get a Glitch i have 4 modes on my DX3.0 that are set equally to my main setting.

Genrally i change mode and it comes good - i swear i have had the Reciever replaced once already and it seemed fine, but there must be a wire dep down somewhere that is kinked or not healthy.

I shall redo allthe wires that i can think off and see if it resloves the issue.

Last thing i need is a major Runnaway

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.