Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
won't filling up the holes with expoy or liquid metal add tons of weight to the bulk head tho?
True.....adding the "liquid metal" will add weight but only a small amount.
And the benefits in the part strength I believe outweigh the small weight increase.

As Patto pointed out earlier. The additional roll centre adjustments the Speedshot gives you are great for dialing in the car at different tracks.

Although this may not have helped Wayne1one in his recent incident but those carbon pieces we have on our cars. Including the aftermarket parts too. Really do benefit if you seal the edges of the laminates, with super glue or Loctite. It adds greatly to the parts strength.
Ensure you sand them along the edge to be glued first to remove the laminates bonding resin. The glue will soak in readily so don't be shy in putting quite alot on.

Hopes this helps.

Menace
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Z00M
I think the G4S conversion would be a valuable addition to your car. The UFO clutch is also excellent but you could probably still get away with the Mugen clutch as it works well and has the adjustment required. The later G4's the Evo and the S all came with S-Class gearing which also made a small difference but this is another upgrade available from TM if you don't want to go the whole hog and get the ED transmission.

Hope this helps.
Can we use Mugen clutch system ( flywheel, clutch weights, pressure plate, clutch shoe, locknut, locknut tensioner adjuster, clutchbell )

I'm thinking to keep using G4S pinions, but do they fit into mugen's clutch bell ?

I feel G4S clutch shoe wear too fast compare to mugen's clutch shoe.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Can we use Mugen clutch system ( flywheel, clutch weights, pressure plate, clutch shoe, locknut, locknut tensioner adjuster, clutchbell )

I'm thinking to keep using G4S pinions, but do they fit into mugen's clutch bell ?

The stock black G4s shoes will wear faster if you run a large clutch gap (0.7 or 0.8mm). But if you keep the clutch gap down around 0.5mm, or so it wears fine.
There is the option of the harder red shoes and plate too.

Not sure about the Mugen clutch as I've never had one.....sorry I can't help you there.
All I can say is that the TM UFO clutch is the best clutch I've ever come across!

Sorry if I', not much help to you just that I've never had to work on a mugen centax only ran the cars a couple of times

Menace
Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576

Have to agree with Menace ,had more wear when i was running .6/7mm clutch gap.I am running .5mm now and wear is minimal also ho much slip you set the clutch up with will contribute to higher wear.
Also noticed on ED clutch bells that the small holes on the bell need to be deburred and sanded smooth or it will scratch and wear the shoes badly.

Thanks for the info Menace ,wont be trying the Viper head then ,dont need too high temps as it is rather warm here even though we going into Autumn.
Average day is 28 - 32 deg/c.

Muppet Daz mentioned on 3hobby that the last few events and event in Spain that he has been using the front spool with good success.
This leaves us with good options to know that .
Hope he posts a setup soon to get an idea what it is with the spool.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Also noticed on ED clutch bells that the small holes on the bell need to be deburred and sanded smooth or it will scratch and wear the shoes badly.
heh, now recalling back, i think my clutch bells are scratched. hmm, no wonder, i thought that my end play was too tight. okok, will take note of it when i happen to swap back to ED coz now i have the full set of ED pinions. keke. thanks for the info. oh, btw, does this apply to all ED clutch bells???
Old 04-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Yes it does ,id suggest sanding all the vent holes on the clutch bell to amke sure they are not fouling the shoe.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default KodakHodak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztofxZC9JCs
This quick vid for u from fri
Old 04-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by British Menace
I have had limited experience with these viper heads, through a friend I used to race with in England. Although I was with him so..........
He found the temperatures went up for the same tune. Maybe by as much as 30 degrees!
Although, some of this may be offset by removing the handle so as to get a better avenue for the air to get to the head. And maybe some other things along these lines too. You may nead to remove side/front windows. Things like that.
Like I said...........only limited experience. Sorry, and it was some time ago and it was at a race meeting so he did not play with it too much.

On lightening the car.........................
Well, I removed the handle. I never use it in touring car.
I removed the 5th body post and aluminum mount for it.
Using titanium pivot balls.
Only one fuel filter..... I was using two I know, but I'm kind of a freak when it comes to filtering fuel Plus the extra fuel line and filter sends me over the fuel carrying limit. So didn't really have a choice!??

Thats about it.
That has me down close to 1700g. I want to get to 1690g !
We'll see.

Menace
DUDE!!! You are definitley getting that weight down. Do you have the ceramic bearings yet?? I'm not sure how much weight they will save you, but I bet it will get you pretty darn close. I know Sam at Raceday has the entire set for $85 bucks. The performance of these bad boys are TOP NOTCH. I believe Sam told me that they are a grade 4 out of 5. So some Excellent bearings. This won't only save on weight, even unsprung weight, but you will have a top of the line set of bearings throughout your car. Just a thought. I have a set an they are pretty much the best you can find, unless you want to spend over $200 bucks. And even then I don't think you will notice a difference. Dude, just a suggestion. Thanks for the input bro! Keep it up. I'm glad the wife is being cool about you racing again!!!! Keep her happy and show your appreciation with some flowers and stuff. She deserves it. Go get 'em! Later
Old 04-11-2007, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztofxZC9JCs
This quick vid for u from fri

LOL - hahhahaha O dear that was a bad bad drive on my behalf....
Old 04-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys ĦĦĦ
i can´t find a setting for a parking lot track anybody can help me please..
Thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, can anyone help me with my G4S avatar?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
DUDE!!! You are definitley getting that weight down. Do you have the ceramic bearings yet?? I'm not sure how much weight they will save you, but I bet it will get you pretty darn close. I know Sam at Raceday has the entire set for $85 bucks. The performance of these bad boys are TOP NOTCH. I believe Sam told me that they are a grade 4 out of 5. So some Excellent bearings. This won't only save on weight, even unsprung weight, but you will have a top of the line set of bearings throughout your car. Just a thought. I have a set an they are pretty much the best you can find, unless you want to spend over $200 bucks. And even then I don't think you will notice a difference. Dude, just a suggestion. Thanks for the input bro! Keep it up. I'm glad the wife is being cool about you racing again!!!! Keep her happy and show your appreciation with some flowers and stuff. She deserves it. Go get 'em! Later
Thanks man,
I never thought of Sam's ceramics. I went and got the "Ezo" bearing's he stocks. They have proven to be really very good but I'm not sure if they're any lighter

That track we talked about in Nebraska looks good. They have a race there on the 21st April. Part of the Rc Pro series. I would go but my mum is coming over to visit from England. She's really here to see her new grand children

But I hope we can still make that date in August?! I know it's a way off but it would be fun. Maybe they have another race, club race or something we can maybe make?

Later man.

Menace
Old 04-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

got a better pic of my latest artwork

paul
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-1.jpg  
Old 04-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
got a better pic of my latest artwork

paul
Very nice, I like it !!!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

dude.. G4Ser!!

i had a trouble about my situation.

several korea distributor send love call to me in recent days

they watched my recent activity in the race.

they presented good contract to me (nice contract item than G4S).

they want that i change G4S to their import machine.

But i didn't accept their love call immediately.

i said that i will consider your contract in the later.

what can i do in this situation?

i want your advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.