Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Gansei once again congrats
awesome result
Old 04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Hoping you can help me out here. I've really struggled to get my G4S set up, and have tried most suggestions on this forum so far. I was ready to sell the car but decided to give it a last go and bought the 4mm chassis, ED Transmission, Speedshot front end and the alloy servo and middle mounts. This basically means the whole car will be rebuilt so it is my chance to reset everything and start again.

The track we run on is a tennis court, so grip could be classed as medium to low. We use the road rail system, and the track layout is fairly tight. The cars really only hit second gear just before it is time to back off for the sweeper at the end of the straight.

If anyone that has the same upgrades could advise me of a good starting setup for a low to medium grip track I'd really appreciate it.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Teehomo
Hey guys,

Hoping you can help me out here. I've really struggled to get my G4S set up, and have tried most suggestions on this forum so far. I was ready to sell the car but decided to give it a last go and bought the 4mm chassis, ED Transmission, Speedshot front end and the alloy servo and middle mounts. This basically means the whole car will be rebuilt so it is my chance to reset everything and start again.

The track we run on is a tennis court, so grip could be classed as medium to low. We use the road rail system, and the track layout is fairly tight. The cars really only hit second gear just before it is time to back off for the sweeper at the end of the straight.

If anyone that has the same upgrades could advise me of a good starting setup for a low to medium grip track I'd really appreciate it.
whats your problem tight, loose?
we run once a year on a court here In Portland and we have found that if you gear it up, you cut down on wheel spin and gain foward bite,tighten the clutch to so it does not engage so hard. set the car up soft, light oil and springs, lots of toe in the rear 3 to start with, if to much roll work with the sway bars. wish i could help more but we only run on that surface once a year.....
Old 04-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
no, ran the oneway. the diff is sitting in my parts box, eager to make its way into the car , thanks for the help today .
No Worries.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What air filter do you guys use? I'm used to 1/8th buggies, and needless to say the filters have a little more filtering power to them. I have some Skyline onroad filters at the moment, and they seem ok, but I thought there may be a better way to go.

I thought of trying the Motor Saver brand as I like the outter cage to house the filter. I guess the way the traditional onroad filters are glued to the base seems like a weak point to me. The only thing is is my carb is 15mm and I'm not sure it the Motor saver filter will clear my HS needle. According to Tower Hobbies the outter diameter is 48mm.

Any advice appreciated.

Gary
Old 04-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

YEEEEAAAAAAaAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Fellas I'm so excited today i find out that they have some guys trying to open a onroad track around my house and if this happens y'all know I'm going to represent the g4s family. I hope this really happens y'all know that all i do with my g4 is drag racing and i know its built for more then that!!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Well i change my mind about using the g4 for racing when ever they open the track around my house, i think im going to buy a mtx4.

APRIL FOOL!!!! LOL11111
Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Yes round 4 today. My day started like last round, and didnt think i was going to run at all due to not having a reliable motor. run first heat and seemed the front bearing on the LS3 was leaking fuel badly. so i got a motor off someone and run that for the rest of the day. big thanks to Brent. second heat i missed. and 3rd heat i stripped 2nd gear. whilst trying to replace it, i found my K factory 2 speed shoe holder had fused to the 2 speed shaft. i had to destroy a set of brand new 2 speed shoes and 2nd spur holder to get it off. i then replaced the parts, and tuned the 2 speed and engine during a lunch break. 4th heat was the best i had done for a while doing 18 laps in 5 mins. that got me 4th for the final. the final had its small problems but was fast paced, and finished the day in 3rd and most laps ive done in 10 mins so far. so i had a great ending to the day, and was very pleased. i have to say thanks to Brent for the motor again , and Mark (vc05hdt) for pitting for me in the final
Thats the way Paul. Good job sticking in there!
The NV looks really good. It's just taking a while to break in.
I like to put LOTS of fuel through when breaking in. Especially these Nova's.
They are just so tight when you get them !!

Looking foreward to getting these new IDM's. Sounds like they could be a BIG motor for us. .......lol

Menace
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gansei
i participated the 2nd kawahara cup in korea on today

the ground grip is too bad, Because it comes heavy rain in yesterday .. and yellow sand come from china on today.

But i am strong in bad grip, I got TQ position in Heat. ^^

the picture of my G4S sbows that yellow sand was terrible!(after first exercise race)

in A-main Final.. i take a top position until first fuel time.

after first fuel time, my G4S flamed out. --;;

so my ranking fall to 4th.

But i get top postion again after several minute.

in late A-main final, my G4S chassis drags the ground because of too low height setup.

so i had a critical moment. But my pitman help me very fastly.

so i can win the race dangerously.

i changed to 3mm chassis from 4mm chassis to give more roll.

and changed diff oil 1 step more soft.

you can see A-main Final Movie in this site

"http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipViewB...&scrapable=yes"

the third kawahara cup will be held after 2 weeks in korea.

the Kawahara japan driver "Yuruki, Hukuwara" etc on.. about 10 japan racer will participate.

of course, i will race with japan driver. ^^

Well done Gansei !
Another great result for the family !

Menace
Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Z00M
Well, round 4 of the championship at our track was run today. I was a bit pressed for time early, and missed getting my car right for most of the day. Managed to take the TQ in the last round of qualifying (only by a couple of tenths) but in the final, I forgot to reset the ride height among other things so the car was a dog every time it hit a bump and I only managed 5th. So not the best of days for me.

I ran a diff up front for the first time today and it worked reasonably well. I think there is some more to come when I get the setup sorted out for it.
Zoom was pushed for time cause he was helping me out all day!!!!! When you are newby its great to have help getting your car set up, and as a result I learn't heaps and had a great day! THanks so much.

Can you suss me out some of those hex tools like yours? I'm also keen to get some other replacement parts such as ceramic bearings.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danjr
Zoom was pushed for time cause he was helping me out all day!!!!! When you are newby its great to have help getting your car set up, and as a result I learn't heaps and had a great day! THanks so much.

Can you suss me out some of those hex tools like yours? I'm also keen to get some other replacement parts such as ceramic bearings.
I sent you a PM
Old 04-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Serpentd......... how did you get on today?

We'll have to make that "meet-up" happen one day.
How far are you from Nebraska?
Don't laugh too hard if it's an idiotic Q....... there's a 'Heart-of-America' there soon. Not sure when. But I thought I'd ask.

Interested to know how you did today though.

Menace
Old 04-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Congratulations, Gansei!!!

What a magical G4S you have.

Really hope everyone enjoys racing and G4S~~~

Team Magic Edith
Old 04-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Yes SerpentD we waiting patiently for your report bud

I spent my weekend rebuilding my car and finally completed the mugen sway bar conversion and must say it feels much better.

We have 2nd round of the National series in 2 weeks and will be having a club prep and set day this coming Friday/Saterday.
To help all our club guys get everything sorted and ready for the nats.

Last nat there was 2 G4S cars entered this coming meet hope to have 4 running.
Response to cars ability has been slow locally but the guys are seeing the potential and interest is getting there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.