Team Magic G4

Old 03-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Yo HODAK...Here is your answer bro. Because I have the older smaller version, So I stand corrected. Funny thing is I just bought this newer rubber wheel for my TM box #111149! I just got the wheel last week and haven't installed it yet. What the deal was before is the rubber was VERY soft, it worked great as I mentioned that I love this starter box. But with the softer (Older) rubber wheel, it would just slowly shred off the rubber. And it actually wasn't that slow on the shred part. I have only used this TM box like 10 times (10 starts, not 10 races) and the wheel is almost gone. No more rubber. I might be exagerating a bit, but not too much. This is why I ordered the newer wheel that Sam just mentioned. So it sounds as though they fixed the only issue I noticed with the box. So you are good to go my friend! And with this being the case, I would highly recommend the TM starter box! I don't have the X5 yet, but I will SOON!!!!

Yo Sam, Thanks for the heads up on that starter wheel. I ordered it from you just last week just as a replacement, but had no clue that it was a better wheel then the original. Thank you bro! And noooo, I don't think you have a prejudice or bias bone in your body! By the way Sam, Thank you tons for your continued service. You ROCK DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Hodak...I talked to the pilot, but I don't think your little package will show up till next week. I just got it out yesterday (Tuesday) for me. So keep me posted when those two things arrive. Cool dude! Miss talking with you and all. Hope things are going cool! Thanks tons for the setup sheet! I just went through like 5 of my motors, now installing clutches on them. Well three of them anyway. Then I need to disasemble the mini beast and go through the entire car and make the changes you noted. Plus a few more that I thought of. I still can't get over how bad the diffs leak though. So I plan on a thorough inspection upon dissasembly. Glad to hear your bro got his car and all. Is it all assembled yet?? Keep me/us posted bro!!! Since he doesn't seem to do the forum yet, you need to do that for him bro. Cool dude, will talk soon! LATER!

Hey SerpentD,

Bro cheers again on the package yo, this will be much appericated thats for sure!!! When i found out you already got them i was like "DUUUDE" nice one!!! ill keep ya updated on PILOT man, soon as it arrives ill hook ya up some gold!!!!

Well, its been quiet atmo, just waiting on a nice order from Raceday Hobbies to arrive and slowly building or more looking at my bro's car getting close to completion.

Will be good to get his on track soon, just working out prices on Engines & Radio gear!!!

So far all sweet!!!

Here is a few happy snaps - i tell ya its been easy building it 2nd time round LOL!!! He will have a good chasis setup once complete

Peace Out
Frankie
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-g4_p.hodak-001.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4_p.hodak-002.jpg  
Old 03-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default carbon setup board

i buy carbon setup board.

it is custom maden.

the thickness of board is 6.6mm, width and height is 48cm X 38cm.

and very light! (844g)

there are no problem about tweak.

and... it cause to me to setup my G4S frequently!!

the price of carbon setup board is about USD 330.

I-YA~~~~
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0002.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0004.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0005.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0006.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0009.jpg  

Old 03-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by revo523
well i decided on the ofna#10258 any comments?

this the box i have been using since i got my G4s..it work's so well that i have other's use it instead of their's..ha ha ...work's sweeeet...
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default New guy question

Quick question...Is the Team Magic G4S the same car as teh RDLogics Mongoose? I am new to the sports and trying to get some info. Thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
Quick question...Is the Team Magic G4S the same car as teh RDLogics Mongoose? I am new to the sports and trying to get some info. Thanks
No not the same car. the G4S is the newer chassis. some changes over the mongoose, and definately for the better. the mongoose has Kfactory options as standard over the G4Evo, but behind on certain technology advancements from the G4S. hope this helps
Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei

it is custom maden.

and very light! (844g)

I-YA~~~~
Nice Gansei, very nice. been very busy this past week trying to catch up on all the Goss. i also have to congratulate you on last weekend result. very well done. Aussie translation.... Oh -Yeah~~~~
Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Serpent for a first body whats better? Waterbased or lacquer paints?

I know waterbased are more expensive, but they do clean up easily and its 1 less thing to buy
Old 03-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

For your convenience, here's the Entry Form for the Capitol Classic.
Capitol Classic Entry

Load it up
Fill it in
Print it out
Sign it
Write the check
Mail it in
and Get it in!!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Patto --- Thanks for the info. I am a new racer and would like get something which is "competitive" but not at the exotic prices of mugens and serpents. My hope is that the RDLogic with an OFNA/JLR Red Dot I could be competitive in the sportsman/rookie class.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

va_connoisseur
Look at a G4S RTR that might be a better option as it has better overall balance than the mongoose and can be hopped up / upgraded into a full spec G4S as your pocket allows.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Team magic owners....

Originally Posted by TedX
For your convenience, here's the Entry Form for the Capitol Classic.
Capitol Classic Entry

Load it up
Fill it in
Print it out
Sign it
Write the check
Mail it in
and Get it in!!!!
Is anyone going to be able to come to this race....
We are only a few G4/G4s owners and a lot of serpent's and mugen's around this area that needs to learn a lesson of what a team magic can do....
if you guys needs to check some of the video clips go to www.cwhite.com
Old 03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Running in

Hey guys,

I've just got a new engine and have heard different ideas about running it in properly. How should I do it? Also, I've had to spin the fuel inlet around as it was facing into the engine.Will this effect the tune? I haven't adjusted either of the needles.

Cheers
Old 03-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danjr
Hey guys,

I've just got a new engine and have heard different ideas about running it in properly. How should I do it? Also, I've had to spin the fuel inlet around as it was facing into the engine.Will this effect the tune? I haven't adjusted either of the needles.

Cheers
You could ask ten racers/tuners and get ten different opinions. Some break in on the starter box, some on a break in stand with a prop, and some go straight to the track.

Personally I start up on the box and get it to atleast fire and run very rich. I run the first tank on the box and try to get the engine up around 200F so piston and sleeve will expand. When the engine is filthy rich it can be hard to get the temps up. I always preheat a new engine with a blow dryer, and I wrap the head with aluminum foil to help hold the heat in. After the first tank on the box I let it cool all the way down with the piston a the bottom. After cooling I run the next few tanks on the ground varying the throttle from just above idle to maybe 1/2 throttle. Again the engine is still rich, basically four-stroking it never really revs very high. I let it cool between each tank to heat cycle and gradually start to lean it out and progressively get more aggressive with the throttle.

You can go to Cyruls site for some tips and I'm sure you'll get more to follow. The method I follow is sometimes called the Bess Method, because Stephen Bess wrote an article for one of the Rc mags on the method. Maybe a Google search will find something on it. I think it is a compilation of methods from Rody Roem, Ron Paris and others. Whatever the case I personally believe you have to get the temps up quickly if possible to relieve the engine of stress while breaking in, which this method does, but others have great success just letting it idle on the box....

Edit: Go here for a description of the "Bess Method"
Old 03-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei

it is custom maden.

and very light! (844g)

I-YA~~~~
wow bro, USD330 for a piece of carbon fibre setting board? u are rich man!!! is that ur new engine???
Old 03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by uniquexme
wow bro, USD330 for a piece of carbon fibre setting board? u are rich man!!! is that ur new engine???
no. it is two piece of carbon fibre.

aluminum honeycomb exist in between two piece of carbon fibre.

But it is some expensive!! ^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.