Originally Posted by reactor
Daniz ill PM you

Reactor - Make me one please
Old 02-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

No problem
Old 02-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Reactor, thanks! I thought my old all-silver G4 is the coolest, but yours is wow.
Looks like a Silver Arrow - McLaren Mercedes to me
Old 02-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daniz24
Reactor, thanks! I thought my old all-silver G4 is the coolest, but yours is wow.
Looks like a Silver Arrow - McLaren Mercedes to me
No problem Daniz and yes the g4s is wow, yesterday i was at JP tracks (the only indoor touring in the country)using my evo and run for the 1st time, its a very aggresive tracks, huge and lots of traction i did a good run for the whole 4 tanks and on the 5th tank i think i went to the limit flew car 4ft in the air and hit a steel post
BROKE FRONT LOW ARM! but the rest of the car is tough! now im having 2nd thoughts of running my S, too pretty to get scratches i may put it in the cabinet for display
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Pre Nats
Sedan Nats
Great Lakes
All Vegas big Races
Most of Rev's Big Races
Regionals
All the above at least.
Brad, are u going to drive the new g4s too?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Brad, are u going to drive the new g4s too?
Oh Hell No!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

But wish he was !!! lol.... Nice kit though huh Brad??? If it all translates to the track things will be great! Building mine now.... can't wait to get er done!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Le Mans RTR?

What are the specs on the SH engine in the Le Mans RTR? It appears to be a .15, but it is under 1hp (club rules)?

BB
Old 02-07-2006, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

The engine is an SH .15 rear exhaust. I couldn't find the specs on the engine when I tried once. However I will look again but needing under 1hp should ok. I ty to find it again for you and post if I find it.

Sam
Old 02-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

REACTOR: i accidentally opened one and look at it now in just 14 hours... TADANG!!! 6-hour sleep included i'm racing it on friday so gotta run it tomorrow or on thursday to find the right set-up im starting of at the standard set-up but i will be using 15,000wt diff oil

Motorman: i kinda have a binding on the rear, i have done all my means in eliminating it but it is still there. is it okay to grind the arms with a 1/8 drill bit? other than that, the G4S is aweSSSSome
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc00004.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc00006.jpg  

Last edited by rbboy; 02-07-2006 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

RB boy
first take the upper links off. and see if the lower arms are tight if they are loosen the bulkheads at the chassis and the top shock tower bracket. re tighten the tower bracket down and then the bulkheads. this should free up the lower arms. If the upper link is the culprit you can remove the outer ball and mount it in a drill and polish it with scotchbrite or fine wet or dry 125 grit paper and reinstall the ball cup. do this until the ball friction is reduced and the ball cup is free on the ball. If the lowers have a little drag they will free up after a couple runs.
RB on another note use the outer upper position on the camber link and the lower inner position when using foam tires and start with 3 full degrees of rear camber and maybe 2 degrees toe in to start. Some feedback I recieved was 10,000 to 15,000 is about right. as far as springs you may find kit silver springs pretty neutral, but if you want to get more agressive change to an aqua front and a pink rear and if the car develops a little push try standing the rear bar up to free the rear of the car up. (make sure you provide enough clearance between the sway rear bar ends so they don't bind together in the socket) This is why the bar socket (silver) changed and is alot deeper now than before as this was a bad problem on the prior car. You really need to pay attention to this as if it binds the car will go instantly loose when it binds up and it will drive you crazy hunting setup.

I put a car together for another guy yesterday and I think I hold the record at 6 hours. I was ready to drop dead afterwards

Bundy
the spec's will be over 1 hp, does it make that? I have no Idea.

Sorry I've been away a while, Its been a little nuts recently dealing with dealer orders and trying to get the team ready for the winternats
Old 02-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Just studying the manual before building.
Found a printing error
Set Up & Tuning 15 Gear Ratio:
Basic Set Up: 1st 19/56T 2nd 24/46T

1st gear spurs are 50/51/52, not 56
Old 02-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default SH Engine!

Originally Posted by Motorman2
RB boy
first take the upper links off. and see if the lower arms are tight if they are loosen the bulkheads at the chassis and the top shock tower bracket. re tighten the tower bracket down and then the bulkheads. this should free up the lower arms. If the upper link is the culprit you can remove the outer ball and mount it in a drill and polish it with scotchbrite or fine wet or dry 125 grit paper and reinstall the ball cup. do this until the ball friction is reduced and the ball cup is free on the ball. If the lowers have a little drag they will free up after a couple runs.
RB on another note use the outer upper position on the camber link and the lower inner position when using foam tires and start with 3 full degrees of rear camber and maybe 2 degrees toe in to start. Some feedback I recieved was 10,000 to 15,000 is about right. as far as springs you may find kit silver springs pretty neutral, but if you want to get more agressive change to an aqua front and a pink rear and if the car develops a little push try standing the rear bar up to free the rear of the car up. (make sure you provide enough clearance between the sway rear bar ends so they don't bind together in the socket) This is why the bar socket (silver) changed and is alot deeper now than before as this was a bad problem on the prior car. You really need to pay attention to this as if it binds the car will go instantly loose when it binds up and it will drive you crazy hunting setup.

I put a car together for another guy yesterday and I think I hold the record at 6 hours. I was ready to drop dead afterwards

Bundy
the spec's will be over 1 hp, does it make that? I have no Idea.

Sorry I've been away a while, Its been a little nuts recently dealing with dealer orders and trying to get the team ready for the winternats

That would then make it an expensive changeover by having to ditch the SH for something that meets the club rules

BB
Old 02-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Any update on G4s convertion kit or G4s specific parts list ?
Old 02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

I will contribute this to the SH .15 engine HP question. Most engines like this will only produce 27 to 30k. A similar OS engine and a couple of other showed only .68 to .75 HP. I would say this engine would fit club rules. This is the best I could fine from other sites. SH site does not give the information. I tried!

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.