Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hi guys
tryed the ed trans yesterday
killer acceleration (watch out SA boy its quick)
was running away from andrews sirio
but still dont like oneway
like having brakes

so im going to try a front diff
will start with 50000k front oil and 10000w rear oil
on a med grip track dose that sound like a good starting point
i was happy with the steering and droop settings good grip (thanks patto)
but i have a driving style with the solid front end that i like so would like to keep that
and hope a front diff weel let me keep this style
(like to brake late !!! a real racecar driver mate of mine told me if u have the power use it in other word go hard and brake hard and that how i have been driving with thw solid front diff)
what do u think guys
let me have it

paul
If you like the spool you will definately like the diff but id suggest 30k rear diff oil.
I started with 30kf 10k rear and the 50kf with 10k and am now on 50kf and 30k rear and its definately better in and through the corners.
The 30k rear actually made the back end more predictable and controllable to me.
I too have a harder driving style with late braking and tighter lines through corners.
I also push the car to carrry more corner speed and this is were I tend to make up more ground especially out of corner with the ED.
With my Palmaris PR12 I am running 15/21 pinions with 51/46 spurs.

RCEvolution the VR12plus pipe is a wicked pipe for a technical track with a nice broad powerband and is rather versatile as it works on most engines.
Its actually very popular with a lot of top drivers in the US.
Engine wise you have lots of choices and in the price range you mention there is a lot of high end motors you could get.
Axial looks good definately ,just got one myself and its based on teh Palmaris PR12 i run at present.OS is no slouch iether and would go for the Speed version if that was a choice.
Also the JL red Dot motors by OFNA are very impressive.
But as i said in that price range the choices is too many to mention.So look at what is run locally and supported as a guide.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I was to stay in the under $250 mark for an engine which of these 4 would be best.

Axial .12RR 3 Port Spec-1 - $275
AE Z .12R Team Spec 3 - $229
Ofna JLR Red dot .12 - $209
OS .12TZ 3-port. - $270

The Ofna JLR looks like a sweet engine but I don't know if I can push myself to trust ofna
Old 03-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
If I was to stay in the under $250 mark for an engine which of these 4 would be best.

OS .12TZ 3-port. - $270

The Ofna JLR looks like a sweet engine but I don't know if I can push myself to trust ofna
The Ofna is Picco through and through. I have three Ofna/Picco 3ports, one of which I ran last season. I got the engines fair price when I decided to give 1/10th onroad a try. Very happy with them....

Also I was just came very close on buying the Red Dot from Sam @Team Kamakazie(sp?), but went with the new Ninja .12 instead. I think he has the Red dot for $179, but don't quote me on that. I'm also getting ready to list a couple of mine in the for sale section. I have one left, an OS TZ 5P, and the Ninja kit that comes with pipe on the way so I can afford to part with the other two.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

OS .12TZ 3-port. - $270

you can never say no to an OZ TZ.12 - they do awesome and have the grunt to keep up with Sirio's & Nova's with ease!!!

i have one, and find it very very easy to tune and hold there tune!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Also forgot to mention that all the killer shells posted are very inspiring. I picked up some liquid mask and I'm going to try to step out of my box and paint something alittle higher on the skill level than I normally would....
Old 03-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by royfan33
Also forgot to mention that all the killer shells posted are very inspiring. I picked up some liquid mask and I'm going to try to step out of my box and paint something alittle higher on the skill level than I normally would....

cheers, yes its good to see everyones bodyshells all loking pretty and having a go!!!

Post urs once complete - i am trying to gather a gallery of G4users for my blog, got most on her so far just want a few more!!!

Cheers
Old 03-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
cheers, yes its good to see everyones bodyshells all loking pretty and having a go!!!

Post urs once complete - i am trying to gather a gallery of G4users for my blog, got most on her so far just want a few more!!!

Cheers
Absolutely! Beings I've never used liquid mask, I'm going to take my time try to get it right. I've got a new Protoform Mazda ready to go though.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

OS .12TZ 3-port. - $270

picco, ofna just distributes the motor. Like the old trinity/picco .12.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by royfan33
Absolutely! Beings I've never used liquid mask, I'm going to take my time try to get it right. I've got a new Protoform Mazda ready to go though.
Hey roy i tryed liquid mask and found it to be quite lumpy which made it extremely hard to use let me know how ya go cheers
Old 03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hi guys
tryed the ed trans yesterday
killer acceleration (watch out SA boy its quick)

paul

Why not just say watch out Rob and be done with it
Old 03-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

help!
Originally Posted by revo523
A patto i do have the ed transmission and i try to do what you said but my dogbone doesn't reach my joint cups when i put the pins. what I'm i doing wrong here?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo523
help!
dude , sorry to say i think your ED is faulty
why the pins dont line up is due to the one way bearing coming out of the housing. this is why i went for a closer inspection and the hole did not line up for the pins.
my rectification, was to use loctite super stud lock on the outer section of the bearing that slides into the axle housing. to this day it has fixed the problem. dont do it like i did, one side at a time cause it didnt take long for the other side to slip also.
you can either return the front axle to place of purchase, as TM has rectified the problem now, and they also know the earlier ED's had this problem. or you can fix it like i have and not have to return it.
so i do hope you get it sorted. i wasnt expecting this when i got my ED but i guess it happens.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hey pattojnr my friend "BIG Congrats on 2nd today + ya Trophie!!

Prooves to show your on the money and consistant Wel done
Old 03-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Howdy guys. bit of a report on our Cup day here in Perth.
small field of cars, but top 4 or 5 are pretty quick.
so 4 qualifiers and then a 20 min final.
qualified 3rd for the Main.
had my share of problems while i tried a thing or 2 on the pinions for the ED
i tried my 15 t pinion, and now i am willing to try it no more. stripped 2 1st spurs in 1 heat. each just lasting 1/2 a lap or less. mesh was set up the same as i use for my 16t pinion, but definately a problem, or i am doing something wrong ? but after i changed back to 16t all was good again. but my clutch settings needed to be adjusted. so i did this and in the final my clutch was locking up. i came in for the first fuel stop, and the car stalled. then on the out lap i got hit and the car spun and as soon as it went backwards it stalled. so i was quick to realise it was a clutch problem , and informed myt pit guy to get the car off the ground while still moving to prevent any further stalls. man the guy was a champ and it didnt happen anymore so it was up to me to make no mistakes and keep the car moving at all times. had great pace and no major mistakes, enough to finish 2nd, and a small trophie for my rewards. thanks to my pit man.
best lap this time out was a 16.868 so thats much better this time than a flat 17. i think i did like 6 or 7 laps in the 16's and many mid to low 17s consecutively, even with my clutch problem in the back of my mind. so good day out and some real fun racing.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey pattojnr my friend "BIG Congrats on 2nd today + ya Trophie!!

Prooves to show your on the money and consistant Wel done
thanks Frankie
but its my consistency that still needs improving, then anything can happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.