Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
has anyone hit the track yet
I know of 2 that will hit the track this weekend, in very capable hands. Maybe they will let me test drive. I think the car looks really good.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Uriah.
when they actually arrived I like others, was totally shocked at the transformation from the previous car. Lets hope it equates to a similar level of performance gain.(I have feedback from some it is but can't coment yet) I'm looking forward to getting mine on the track so I await feedback from Nick and D. I also await your opinion after you see them run. I'm sure Nick or D will let you roll one. Construction wise compared to the EVO/Mongoose this thing is just flat solid and precise.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

Come on G4S owners let get those engines roaring hear some results on how your car handles at some of the tracks.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ivan up north we have snow a few more months Only way to play is fly.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hey Tony

Cheers from across the pond... I don't have much experience with older version shocks previous to the Mongoose. I do know the new car comes with two hole pistons front and rear. As far as the O-ring, I junked mine just like Dennis. If it works for you I say go for it.

I did glue the bladder as Dennis suggested and it keeps it in place better. I went a step further and drilled a really tiny hole in the collar that screws onto the shock body. The hole is right below the shock bladder and bleeds the shock very easily when building. This is by no means necessary. I just like to tinker.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RayJ
I went a step further and drilled a really tiny hole in the collar that screws onto the shock body. The hole is right below the shock bladder and bleeds the shock very easily when building.
I use the Mugen caps and bladders, they fit the G4 & Reflex shocks (not sure about the G4s shock bodies). They have the bleeder value which is great in getting rid of the artificial rebound.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=3661
Old 02-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

What is this cylinder head?
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

i think it is the viper or something like that.not sure
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks Blue Dragon

That's a good tip Blue Dragon Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

As long as we can peg back the difference between our Mongoose's and the MTX-4 I'll be a happy camper. The MTX-4 was almost .5 sec quicker than the MTX-3 at our track. I'm hoping the G4S can do the same for us

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Uriah.
when they actually arrived I like others, was totally shocked at the transformation from the previous car. Lets hope it equates to a similar level of performance gain.(I have feedback from some it is but can't coment yet) I'm looking forward to getting mine on the track so I await feedback from Nick and D. I also await your opinion after you see them run. I'm sure Nick or D will let you roll one. Construction wise compared to the EVO/Mongoose this thing is just flat solid and precise.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BimmerDriver
What is this cylinder head?
It's a H.A.R.D. racing viper head (obviously for the O.S. since it's on Dennis's car!) Check this link - H.A.R.D. Viper OS Head
Old 02-02-2006, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

at the end of 2005 I changed from the G4 Evo to the Mugen MTX4 and after some testrounds I was constantly faster.
The G4S looks good, but I dont think that I will be faster than the EVO. The G4S seems to be more trustier.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default G4S

I'm hoping we can keep this thread focused on the G4, G4S, set-ups,things that need improvement, car tips,etc,etc that relate to the G4 and G4S. There are other threads for other cars. Opinions whether one car is faster than another really doesn't make alot of sense, BECAUSE people favor different cars in the same fashion that they choose a Ford,Chevy or a Toyota. If a particular car feels better to some individuals thats great, but contributions to those cars belong in those threads. Just my humble opinion.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmmm

keeping my eye on this car as the story developes
Old 02-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Very good point Ray. With the new G4S out we need all the feedback as we can get. I will post in my webs site everything I learn from Dennis and the other drivers.

I should get my order in today on the new cars. After shipping all pre-orders and all the other stuff ( lol ) I am going to start building mine! Gosh I am looking forward to this!!!! Next weekend man!!!! I am out there!!! No races, but will practice and get a feel for this car.

G4's are not forgotten and changes can be made on those. So help and tips will be important there also.

Also can't wait now for the winter nats. Tough competition and a new car?? Wow just a little pressure on Dennis and his team! lol Wish all of them the best of luck and will be great to get their feedback.... gonna be a lot of information for this italian to disseminate(sp?) lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.