Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uniquexme
quick question regardin air filter, normally i wash the air filter with detergent, and let dry then lubricate, so may i ask how often u guys replace a new filter?

i wash mine with dish washing dettergant then same aswell let dry!

There is two filters on the one i use, one i keep dry the the top one and the insed layer i give it the loving of some filter oil!!!

I clean after every race meet.... or prac

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 02-14-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
i think i missed out by 1 me 4001

Hey Guys something has come to mind:

What type of filter improves motor?

Power?

Air Flow?

Anythig we should use, currently i use the following on my motors:

This filter is a no no for onroad racing that we all do. This is more of a basher filter. This could be one reason that your engine ran a little hot bro. Less air flow makes a leaner mixture and less economical. Plus it doesn't take as much dust and dirt to start clogging it up wich restricts airflow and again creates a leaner mixture. OUCH! Look at the picture I post and see how much surface area is on my filter. This would be the ONLY filter I recommend. These filters will give you a more consistant tune throughout the day. I know there are other filters out there, but this is the style you want. Trust me. This is what all the top engine developers (Novarossi, RB, etc.) recommend for their engines. So if you don't want to take my word for it, take Rody Roem's of RB or Cesare Rossi's of Novarossi word for it.

They recommend to replace the airfilter after every race day. But we all know that no one does this, so do as you guys are already doing and wash thoughouly with decreaser cleaner, let dry, then oil it up on race day. Do this after every day of racing. 2-3 hours MAX on the same filter.

I hope this helps and makes sence guys. Later!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-air-filter-002.jpg   Team Magic G4-air-filter-004.jpg  
Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
This filter is a no no for onroad racing that we all do. This is more of a basher filter. This could be one reason that your engine ran a little hot bro. Less air flow makes a leaner mixture and less economical. Plus it doesn't take as much dust and dirt to start clogging it up wich restricts airflow and again creates a leaner mixture. OUCH! Look at the picture I post and see how much surface area is on my filter. This would be the ONLY filter I recommend. These filters will give you a more consistant tune throughout the day. I know there are other filters out there, but this is the style you want. Trust me. This is what all the top engine developers (Novarossi, RB, etc.) recommend for their engines. So if you don't want to take my word for it, take Rody Roem's of RB or Cesare Rossi's of Novarossi word for it.

They recommend to replace the airfilter after every race day. But we all know that no one does this, so do as you guys are already doing and wash thoughouly with decreaser cleaner, let dry, then oil it up on race day. Do this after every day of racing. 2-3 hours MAX on the same filter.

I hope this helps and makes sence guys. Later!

Ahhhhh - silly me LOL i think a few of us run that old filter, lookslike ill buy one of those suckers this week dont wanna have x 2 Disaster!!!

cheers Darren,
my sleeps are getting that bit better now!!!

Lucky i brought it up!!!

BTW - the cost of that filter any roughie idea $$$$
Old 02-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ahhhhh - silly me LOL i think a few of us run that old filter, lookslike ill buy one of those suckers this week dont wanna have x 2 Disaster!!!

cheers Darren,

Lucky i brought it up!!!

$12 at Model Flight for an eagle racing filter i grabbed a couple for spares always a good tool box filler for sure
Old 02-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

cheers Darren,

Lucky i brought it up!!!

Of coarse bro. They are only like 7-10 bucks US. Shucks bro, I should have stuffed a few in your box that's heading your way as we speak. I'm sorry dude. But regardless, PLEASE only use these type my good friend. They will help you sleep much better at night.

I'm very glad you brought it up as well. I bet a few other guys might want to thank you also!

Thanks for the pics last night dude. WAY KILLER cars and all! Yes I am a tad bit jeleous. Sorry my email attachments have been on the overkill side. I'll try and tame it down a bit. Talk with you soon my friend! Later!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

A blocked air filter will make the engine richer, not leaner. Like putting the choke on your lawn mower or when you put your finger over the air intake, it will be richer and flood and stop.

But the point about using the air filter pictured is 100% correct. Always use a high quality, high flow air filter and not those 2 stage jobbies that are better for an offroad car perhaps. These little .12's at max rpm require a lot of filtered air to operate properly.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Of coarse bro. They are only like 7-10 bucks US. Shucks bro, I should have stuffed a few in your box that's heading your way as we speak. I'm sorry dude. But regardless, PLEASE only use these type my good friend. They will help you sleep much better at night.

I'm very glad you brought it up as well. I bet a few other guys might want to thank you also!

Thanks for the pics last night dude. WAY KILLER cars and all! Yes I am a tad bit jeleous. Sorry my email attachments have been on the overkill side. I'll try and tame it down a bit. Talk with you soon my friend! Later!

All sweet, man you have done plenty so far..... we got those little bastards at cheap cost so its well worth the $12 AUD!!!

Also for the emails, man you got some killa toys yaself, we should swap one day, LOL

Anyways, ill let ya know when the engine arrives!!!

Keep it real....
Old 02-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z00M
A blocked air filter will make the engine richer, not leaner. Like putting the choke on your lawn mower or when you put your finger over the air intake, it will be richer and flood and stop.

But the point about using the air filter pictured is 100% correct. Always use a high quality, high flow air filter and not those 2 stage jobbies that are better for an offroad car perhaps. These little .12's at max rpm require a lot of filtered air to operate properly.

Cheers,

Mike.
Dude, thank you for correcting me. You are absolutely right about the clogged air filter making it rich and not lean. I blame that one on getting knocked out in the last mosh pit I was in. LOL

And Frankie, I tried to get ahold of the pilot flying your package over to see if he could get it to you sooner, but I got his voicemail. I gave him your address to try and speed things up a bit. I'm not happy with the customer service at all right now. I'll try him again tomorrow. Peace my friend
Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Does anybody know how well the G4S is doing at the winternats? or what position of the top driver for the G4S is in just curious.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

And Frankie, I tried to get ahold of the pilot flying your package over to see if he could get it to you sooner, but I got his voicemail. I gave him your address to try and speed things up a bit. I'm not happy with the customer service at all right now. I'll try him again tomorrow. Peace my friend

All good man, we can only hope, i still am waiting on Toy000 to get my rear dogbone and left body post.... plus i have to run the motor all in and there is only less than 10 days to go to next round!!!!

If all fails i might borrow his second car GPX4 but we will still hope on the goods to arrive!!!

by now we sure would have invented a teleport machine
Old 02-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Does anybody know how well the G4S is doing at the winternats? or what position of the top driver for the G4S is in just curious.
Bobby Flack is 25th and Mike Blackstock is 35th. I'm not sure who else might be driving the car.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
Bobby Flack is 25th and Mike Blackstock is 35th. I'm not sure who else might be driving the car.
Mike Dumas is currently 15th.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Greece welcome to the Klan......
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All good man, we can only hope, i still am waiting on Toy000 to get my rear dogbone and left body post.... plus i have to run the motor all in and there is only less than 10 days to go to next round!!!!

If all fails i might borrow his second car GPX4 but we will still hope on the goods to arrive!!!

by now we sure would have invented a teleport machine
Thanks for the use of the parts (dog bone and body post) if it wasnt for your motor giving up i couldnt keep mine on the track at least together we got the TM some points on the board, dont stress there on there way. Like i said you can drive mine if they dont arrive in time its got the ceramic max SL3 in there so you should be more than competitive

PS I toldya to chuck that crapy filter away didnt I
Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

while i wait for my new bits to arrive, i have re-done my diff oil as it was well do to oil change

i tell ya it was dirty inside, like a dark greayish colour

also i have taken on-board the tip Serpantd & Zoom mentioned, now the pics below i need some confirmation!!!

Also do ya put the grease in after the heat shrink has been applied?

Also should i do this to the fronts aswell?

Cheers
Frankie
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-drive_cupsg4s-002.jpg   Team Magic G4-drive_cupsg4s-003.jpg   Team Magic G4-drive_cupsg4s-005.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.