Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Talking G4S'er IS NOT HUMAN !!!

For those of you with firm religious beliefs, I have to warn you... the following tale might disturb you and could potentially cause you to question the laws of physics.

So, I emailed my crack dealer (read: Sam at raceday hobbies) and asked about upgrading my G4 RTR. We discussed several options and in the end, Sam used the vulcan mind meld via email to force me into the G4S upgrade kit.

After the 'decision' was reached to purchase the kit, I placed my order via www.racedayhobbies.com and made an instant payment.

Now, this is where it starts to get strange...

I placed the order at approximately 1pm CST Thursday, November 15th 2006.

About 20 minutes ago, my lovely wife (who has no idea that I purchased more parts for my car and is probably waiting with my favorite shotgun for me when I arrive home) called me and informed me that a package has just arrived for me, from some place called 'RaceDay Hobbies.'

Now, I know there are upgraded shipping options and air travel has been streamlined to the point of razor sharp efficiency, but come on now...

noone is fooled anymore, Sam.

The secret is out, folks... Sam must be a supernatural being from another time/plane of existence. Or, he has sold his soul to the devil in exchange for a flux capacitor and a 1980 Delorian.

Either way, If you need something for your G4... talk to Sam and take advantage of his hell-bound soul before lucifer comes to claim it.

Thanks for another perfect order and unnaturally fast shipping, Sam.

You rock.

Cant wait to geek out on my upgrade kit tonight!!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Have fun rebuilding ,if I was you think about spending some $$$ on the wife before she
Old 11-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by razzor
Have fun rebuilding ,if I was you think about spending some $$$ on the wife before she
dude, you're not kidding. she'll do more than just ...

she's more likely to
Old 11-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Wow another satisfied customer, good for TM (I mean outside US)
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daniz24
Wow another satisfied customer, good for TM (I mean outside US)
It cracks me up to see the reaction of people here in the states that have never seen TM products before. People notice the differences between their cars and mine instantly, then take the next 15 minutes to inspect every aspect of the G4 in detail.

I hear things like 'this technology is truly revolutionary'

and 'dude, that car is sick!'

all the time.

I love it and I'm totally sold on TM.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schufflerbot
It cracks me up to see the reaction of people here in the states that have never seen TM products before. People notice the differences between their cars and mine instantly, then take the next 15 minutes to inspect every aspect of the G4 in detail.

I hear things like 'this technology is truly revolutionary'

and 'dude, that car is sick!'

all the time.

I love it and I'm totally sold on TM.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i like how some people bash the G4S because its by TM and no one has heard of it, then they come to you asking where to get one because you schooled them
Old 11-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Serpentd:

How do you find your S720 compared to the G4S you have? Serpent have obviously been around alot longer then TM and would think the quality of the 720 would be a step or so above the G4S, but am curious to hear what you think....

BB
That is a very good question, and tough one at the same time. Both the S720 and G4S are excellent made cars. I have been around Serpent cars for over 10 years and they have made some great cars. The S720 as far as quality is top notch right out of the box. You really don't need any hop ups at all for this car. However, the G4S in my opinion is as just as high quality. Their kit actually includes front cvd's where as the S720 doesn't.

The main difference I have noticed in the two vehicles is that Serpent will put out a new car and make their changes based from their previous cars. Which is pretty normal for most company's, however I also notice that the engineers get "stuck" in a rut and don't think out side of the box. This doesn't seem to be the case with Team Magic. I am very impressed with their engineering and different approach to design. They seem to start from scratch, rather then copy. And the approch I like with TM is they use good geometry, yet make it easy to work on as well. This seems to be a difficult balance for companies. TM in my opinion is a step ahead in this department. For example how easy and fast can you change a front belt or an engine.

The Serpent and G4S are two very different cars, but still both very awesome. I think one advantage that TM has is the K Factory upgrades for their car. Quality and craftsmanship is amazing. I love to work on both cars, but more interested in the G4S. I think that the quality is equal in both cars as far as me building them. I have yet to race the G4S, so not sure how it holds up to the rigors of intense racing. But it appears to have the quality of good material there.

I can tell you that the S720 is very easy to drive...and if your a good driver it's easy to drive fast. I still haven't drove my G4S, so I can't comment on that part. But as far as overall quality of the two kits compared next to each other...I would say the quality is the same. Both would get 4.5 stars for out of the box quality IMO. Sorry if I rambled on a bit. I'm not much of a writter. Feel free to ask any questions, just remember that I am new to the nitro touring car scene and more of a veteran in 1:8 scale. I drive a SMP Slide for my 1:8th scale.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
That is a very good question, and tough one at the same time. Both the S720 and G4S are excellent made cars. I have been around Serpent cars for over 10 years and they have made some great cars. The S720 as far as quality is top notch right out of the box. You really don't need any hop ups at all for this car. However, the G4S in my opinion is as just as high quality. Their kit actually includes front cvd's where as the S720 doesn't.

The main difference I have noticed in the two vehicles is that Serpent will put out a new car and make their changes based from their previous cars. Which is pretty normal for most company's, however I also notice that the engineers get "stuck" in a rut and don't think out side of the box. This doesn't seem to be the case with Team Magic. I am very impressed with their engineering and different approach to design. They seem to start from scratch, rather then copy. And the approch I like with TM is they use good geometry, yet make it easy to work on as well. This seems to be a difficult balance for companies. TM in my opinion is a step ahead in this department. For example how easy and fast can you change a front belt or an engine.

The Serpent and G4S are two very different cars, but still both very awesome. I think one advantage that TM has is the K Factory upgrades for their car. Quality and craftsmanship is amazing. I love to work on both cars, but more interested in the G4S. I think that the quality is equal in both cars as far as me building them. I have yet to race the G4S, so not sure how it holds up to the rigors of intense racing. But it appears to have the quality of good material there.

I can tell you that the S720 is very easy to drive...and if your a good driver it's easy to drive fast. I still haven't drove my G4S, so I can't comment on that part. But as far as overall quality of the two kits compared next to each other...I would say the quality is the same. Both would get 4.5 stars for out of the box quality IMO. Sorry if I rambled on a bit. I'm not much of a writter. Feel free to ask any questions, just remember that I am new to the nitro touring car scene and more of a veteran in 1:8 scale. I drive a SMP Slide for my 1:8th scale.
Serpentd: Thanks for your imput... Looks like i am going to stick with the G4S for a bit longer yet

BB
Old 11-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Serpentd: Thanks for your imput... Looks like i am going to stick with the G4S for a bit longer yet

BB
There's no reason not to...
Old 11-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Definately stick with the G4S. I'm way stoked to start racing this bad boy!!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daniz24
There's no reason not to...
Hehehehehehe... I think with TM next car they should just give you the bare essentials (eg. suspension arms, hubs etc) and then give you store credit with KFactory for the rest. You end up having to buy them in the long run anyway, would save so much time and heartache in the long run.

BB
Old 11-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hehehehehehe... I think with TM next car they should just give you the bare essentials (eg. suspension arms, hubs etc) and then give you store credit with KFactory for the rest. You end up having to buy them in the long run anyway, would save so much time and heartache in the long run.

BB
Dude I hear you! My way cool G4S is about 15% stock parts...KFactory owns the rest. Like you said...the arms, hubs, part of the shocks and chassis. I think the rear dog bones are stock? I can't remember. I'm playing (wrenching) on my car now puting more KFactory on as we speak. Go figure. But I bet the car would have ran pretty good all stock. I will never know.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

BB
I would have thought it would make good sence for TM to release another version soon with alot of the KFactory stuff on it. When the G4s was released what did you really need to buy,yep pretty much nothing. Now any serious racer needs ..........

ED system $125
Spare gears for ED $100
Spare / more 30 teeth front pully for a selection of diffs $ ??
Same for the rear diff $??
Speed shot front end $100
Side braces $100

Basicaly your getting 1 good race car for the price of two

All adding up to a pretty penny/dollar. Anybody looking to buy a new car will be put off straight away by the cost of throwing out lots of old bits and replacing parts. I have a great investment in spares and its even made me think twice and its only because i know the car is fantastic and have some help from a UK distributer that I'm prepaired to "Invest".

Come on TM where's the G4SS or what ever you wanna call it ?

I dont want to see people miss out on a G4 for this reason. Oh and if you could let me know by Christmas that would be good so I can scrub off the fluffy jumper and slippers and get a proper Prezzy Hahahahaaaaa
Old 11-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude I hear you! My way cool G4S is about 15% stock parts...KFactory owns the rest. Like you said...the arms, hubs, part of the shocks and chassis. I think the rear dog bones are stock? I can't remember. I'm playing (wrenching) on my car now puting more KFactory on as we speak. Go figure. But I bet the car would have ran pretty good all stock. I will never know.
Your right it will run stocko, but i found it to be unreliable. I have been told it could be because of my heavy handiness

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.