Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Hi Gansei!!

Actually the private message I sent you is regarding GR Racing, the Korean engine tuner.

I sent them many emails asking for pricing and method of payment for one of their OS engines, just like yours.

I really want one but did not receive any answers.

Any other means of finding and purchasing one??

Thanks!!
you also got the PM! ^^
Old 10-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Gansei...

in one of those pics, you have a plastic cover on the bottom of your car, apparently covering the crystal on the G4 chassis.

did you fab that? or is it a part you can buy?
Old 10-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by schufflerbot
Hey Gansei...

in one of those pics, you have a plastic cover on the bottom of your car, apparently covering the crystal on the G4 chassis.

did you fab that? or is it a part you can buy?
it was made by polycarbonate piece (RC body)

it was protected receiver from fuel..
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-02.jpg   Team Magic G4-03.jpg   Team Magic G4-04.jpg   Team Magic G4-05.jpg   Team Magic G4-06.jpg  

Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gansei

wow u got lots of idea.
btw did u mount your receiver upside down? why?
thx for sharing your idea.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
wow u got lots of idea.
btw did u mount your receiver upside down? why?
thx for sharing your idea.
when receiver is mount upside down, it is very easy to change crystal.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy G4 weird gearing problem.

hi,I drive a G4 E-Class and i recently face some problem on my gearing system.It seems 'ok' if i drive slow or if the car is moving with its first gear.But,just the car is changing into second gear,the engine will suddenly revving high and the car couln't move any further.The gearing unit is turing fast with the clutch bell and,it stop with a sound like a clip is dropping out from its original position(due to high speed) and came back again.I really don't know what going on with it .It works fine when you lift up the car and blow it untill it change gear.But if you put it on the road,it happend again.The clutch is still in good condition and i've change the one way hub and bearing to K-Factory parts earlier when i discover this problem.And,for your information,i bought this car from my friend with no modification.He race about 4 to 5 gallon of gas with his Novarossi 5 port turbo engine,and my turn about 2 gallon with my O.S .12TR 5 port turbo(before this happen! ). Sorry for poor explaination,hope you people out there can help me to solve this problem.Thank you.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jacklee
hi,I drive a G4 E-Class and i recently face some problem on my gearing system.It seems 'ok' if i drive slow or if the car is moving with its first gear.But,just the car is changing into second gear,the engine will suddenly revving high and the car couln't move any further.The gearing unit is turing fast with the clutch bell and,it stop with a sound like a clip is dropping out from its original position(due to high speed) and came back again.I really don't know what going on with it .It works fine when you lift up the car and blow it untill it change gear.But if you put it on the road,it happend again.The clutch is still in good condition and i've change the one way hub and bearing to K-Factory parts earlier when i discover this problem.And,for your information,i bought this car from my friend with no modification.He race about 4 to 5 gallon of gas with his Novarossi 5 port turbo engine,and my turn about 2 gallon with my O.S .12TR 5 port turbo(before this happen! ). Sorry for poor explaination,hope you people out there can help me to solve this problem.Thank you.
Mine was doing the opposite recently, slipping in 1st gear. The one-way slipping. I don't know what to think of second gear slipping. Once the two-speed shoes grab the sees like it should go...curious to find out from the more experienced on here.

On another note i received my ED tranny from Raceday today. I can't wait to get it installed. We should be racing this weekend so I hope to give it a go. The kit is nicer than I expected. First, in the picture it is displayed with out the pinion for first gear so I ordered a 16t. It actually has one included so now I have a spare. The quality is top notch with all the pulleys lightened and hard coated black. Looks great.

Forgot to mention the clutchbell has the hole next to 2nd gear pinion for spring tension adjustment. No more hassle of having to remove the 1st spur and clutchbell for adjustments. I was lazy, and as long as it was close I would just leave it. Now I should be able to fine tune the clutch easier.No excuse.

Last edited by royfan33; 10-25-2006 at 04:05 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 10-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Jacklee.. have you tried to loosen the 2-speed screw? The gap between the shoe and the S-Class housing is too small thats why the 2 speed engages way too early. When it's too tight, it wont expand. Has anyone tried different spring for the 2-speed?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

is there any feedback on the new ED System? is it good to invest in?
Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei

I found that if you put your receiver into a ballon it protects it from everything. When you put it into a ballon you cable tie it to the car. Works find and easy to change if needed. Just another idea.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Rookie

hi,...

Somebody knows if in the future ( jan 2007) the TeamMagic go manufacture a new car or new version of G4S, like G4S evo??
Old 10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nelson Santos
hi,...

Somebody knows if in the future ( jan 2007) the TeamMagic go manufacture a new car or new version of G4S, like G4S evo??
Hard to say at present as they do not even mention the E4 (electric) on their site.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default one way

Originally Posted by Jacklee
Jacklee this is your gearbox ,one way slipping. Buy a new one and do not clean out the grease ever or re grease it, just stick it in.
Cheers
AK
Old 10-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
Jacklee this is your gearbox ,one way slipping. Buy a new one and do not clean out the grease ever or re grease it, just stick it in.
Cheers
AK
Hi Alex

I just had the one way bearing fail in my 2 speed on the G4S after only a few hours of running. I have replaced the shoe cam with K14100 and have a new Kfactory one way (K1423H) on it's way as well. I had been using the Serpent one way lube on it, but never cleaned it. So you suggest running them dry as they come from the factory.

I did borrow a one way off a mate from his G4 Evo and they are different brand bearings, not sure if TM have gone to cheaper brand or not as there has been a few failures reported recently on this thread.

BB
Old 10-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Alex

I just had the one way bearing fail in my 2 speed on the G4S after only a few hours of running. I have replaced the shoe cam with K14100 and have a new Kfactory one way (K1423H) on it's way as well. I had been using the Serpent one way lube on it, but never cleaned it. So you suggest running them dry as they come from the factory.

I did borrow a one way off a mate from his G4 Evo and they are different brand bearings, not sure if TM have gone to cheaper brand or not as there has been a few failures reported recently on this thread.

BB
I have to admit that I have never touched mine, put it straight on when new (as supplied) and it is still going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.