NEW XRAY T2

Old 12-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

can you find out the length of the driveshafts from ball to the tip of the wheel nut
Old 12-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

will there be new set up books for this car. I have an fk04 and fk05 and we use the old set up books
Old 12-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
Will the alum. shock bodies from the 05 fit on the T2 if you use the shorter shock shafts? (I like the alum better then the plastic ones.)
Or......Will XRAY come out with a set of alum. made for the T2??
The best shocks to date are still tamiya. The will mount perfectly. Just mount them with the same hardware as any tamiya car. Their will will be zero modifications for them to mount on.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

About the aluminum shock bodies...
As Ralph stated earlier, there is absolutely no point in the aluminum shock bodies, I have heard him say they don't work as well as the plastic and also put some a bunch of weight up high on the car. When somebody who knows money is made on option parts is telling people that this option is not needed and actually hinders performance, it should be painfully obvious that the better choice are the plastic bodies...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have run both shocks... I used to run Tamiya shocks on all my cars but since getting my 05 and working with these shocks I like them better then the Tamiya. But both are top of the line and you cant go wrong with either one.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
The best shocks to date are still tamiya. The will mount perfectly. Just mount them with the same hardware as any tamiya car. Their will will be zero modifications for them to mount on.
what about the JRXS shocks?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ptjonesus
will there be new set up books for this car. I have an fk04 and fk05 and we use the old set up books
Absolutely. All of the standard parts have been updated per the T2 and more information has been added as well.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
what about the JRXS shocks?
they seem to work ok on a jrxs, maybe a set of Xray adjustable shocks would be even better tho........
Old 12-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I used the JRX-S shocks on my 05 and they work fine.

Only thing, you need to drill out the aluimnum swivel balls to use metric screws or just use standard screws. I just used standard screws and it worked fine. With new foam tires, it's hard to get 4.5 of ride heigth even with the AE of Team Tamale shock perches. The JRX-S shock are the best I have ever used, but then you can't use the pro setups. I will try the new ones, but I may go back to the JRX-S shocks because I like them so much. I would love to see JRX-S shock with xray's adjustable shock pistions.

The statements about having the weight up higher with the aluminum shock bodies? I just have to disagree. On the performance measuring gauge, it wouldn't even measure. Same with the 05 axles. I'm concerned about how much of the axle threads stick out from the rims. It looks like a board hooker and arm breaker. I would have like to see some low profile wheel nuts in the kit. I'm just nit picking though.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
Will the alum. shock bodies from the 05 fit on the T2 if you use the shorter shock shafts? (I like the alum better then the plastic ones.)
Or......Will XRAY come out with a set of alum. made for the T2??
The new T2 shocks will fit the T1 series. However T1 series shocks, including the bodies, will not fit on the T2, due to the significantly lowered shock towers.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

What our current ETA or rumored ETA on the kits states site?
Old 12-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
What our current ETA or rumored ETA on the kits states site?
Officially...the release date will be posted on the XRAY home web page when available.

I'll defer on the rumour part.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Only thing, you need to drill out the aluimnum swivel balls to use metric screws or just use standard screws. I just used standard screws and it worked fine. With new foam tires, it's hard to get 4.5 of ride heigth even with the AE of Team Tamale shock perches. The JRX-S shock are the best I have ever used, but then you can't use the pro setups. I will try the new ones, but I may go back to the JRX-S shocks because I like them so much. I would love to see JRX-S shock with xray's adjustable shock pistions.

The statements about having the weight up higher with the aluminum shock bodies? I just have to disagree. On the performance measuring gauge, it wouldn't even measure. Same with the 05 axles. I'm concerned about how much of the axle threads stick out from the rims. It looks like a board hooker and arm breaker. I would have like to see some low profile wheel nuts in the kit. I'm just nit picking though.
JRX-S Shocks on a FK'05. Thats just wrong...
Old 12-23-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

All,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! ...with your T2!!!

DISCLAIMER: This statement has nothing to do with the release date.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight

Talk about taking a step back, wow!

The reason behind the long axles is so you won't have to buy new hubs to adjust the track width of the car and you can just do it with new hubs. You can always grind the axles down to be flush with your nuts. As far as the nut sticking out catching boards theory goes, if you realistically think about the chances of this, think about the toe in on the back of the car, the rim would probably hit the board first and in the front end, the only time you would really have your wheels pointed almost exactly straight would be on the straight away and even then you're still making minor adjustments to correct the car.
And again about the shocks, what ever you do here, you have to multiply by FOUR (4)....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.