Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
I use the Losi 32.5 oil, so far so good.
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Losi oil is much thinner than XRAY oil and the numbers don't actually equate. If I remember correctly, Losi 50wt (maybe 55wt) oil is equivalent to XRAY 30wt.

This may also be why your car is diving in so much. With too thin of an oil wt, the front will dive and the rear will lift up extremely quick, overload the front springs and transfer more weight than needed on corner entry. You might want to change the oil wt first and test the car.

I still think you need to flatten the rear arms out though. I've only seen pro-squat work well for corner entry steering and exit rear end grip with a spool setup on very low grip asphalt. On carpet with foams and much better traction, even with the front steering into the corners well, the pro-squat will probably cause the car to scrub too much speed on corner entry for fast lap times.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Well the T2 gives you 30WT oil...its thicker than the stuff XRAY gives you.
I'm not sure what you mean, but the XRAY T2 comes with XRAY 30wt oil which is again more equivalent to Losi 50wt or 55wt.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alright I will glue the edges of the foams, should I glue both the outside and inner edges?

I don't think I got rim stickers.

You can make them really cheap and easy with a piece of Monokote used for covering the skeleton of R/C planes, and easily bought from any LHS. You can buy a small piece and get ALOT of "stickers" from it.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Eh. Alright

What can I do without changing oil?

Take out the .75 shim of the rear?

Stiffen up the front springs even more...
Old 03-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Eh. Alright

What can I do without changing oil?
Closing one more hole on the shocks will help (leaves only one hole open from what your setup shows today). Other than flattening the rear arms, standing the front shocks up one or two holes will help as well.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

On all the shocks?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL I think we have someone that hates building shocks as much as i do! Swap the oil Mike. It will be the biggest improvement in handling, if you did put Losi 32.5 oil in the shocks.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
I'm not sure what you mean, but the XRAY T2 comes with XRAY 30wt oil which is again more equivalent to Losi 50wt or 55wt.
I agree. Just because one company says 32.5 and one company says 30 doesn't mean the 32.5 is thicker. Every company's viscosity measurement is a bit different. Here's a suggestion, stick with 30wt XRAY oil, since practically every fast setup out there is based on that. It'll be easier for people to help you(Michael Barch) if you run what others run.

Dom
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teamgp
I still think you need to flatten the rear arms out though. I've only seen pro-squat work well for corner entry steering and exit rear end grip with a spool setup on very low grip asphalt. On carpet with foams and much better traction, even with the front steering into the corners well, the pro-squat will probably cause the car to scrub too much speed on corner entry for fast lap times.
Then why is Pro-Squat recommended in the "Basic Set-up For Foam Tires" setup sheet included with the T2?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Take out the .75 shim of the rear?
Not shims. Change the rearward suspension holders on both rear arms to the ones with the "dots" in the middle, just like the forward holders on the rear arms. This will flatten the arms angle.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RobertV
Then why is Pro-Squat recommended in the "Basic Set-up For Foam Tires" setup sheet included with the T2?
Doh! You're right. I hadn't noticed that it had pro-squat. The rear arm position should be good for the T2 then. I have to stop thinking of the FK05's handling.

The thin oil is probably the issue.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Michael,

You need to change the oil, period.

If you want the help, you need to follow the setups.

Your shocks are way off and you need to stand them up more and just follow what the guys say or use the set up sheets or the xray forum.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Okay, so I need to put XRAY 30wt oil in my shocks (I used all mine when trying to build and rebuild and do agian and agian, now I learned how) so I will have to buy some. If they don't have it what kind can I buy? Losi 50wt?

Then can I go 2 pistons open still?

One last thing, can I keep the rest of my setup how it is? The Rear Squat, should I change all of them so there at 0*? On the basic setup sheet it shows -.75 all around and 0 in rear.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

I believe Larry's has some oil in stock.Try to stick with the Xray oil if you can.
I THINK that the Losi 50 wt still might be too thin.There is really no good way to tell.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

You can use Losi 50-55 wt oil to come close to Xray 30 wt .

You can go back to the 2 hole pistons with the thicker oil.

Still need to stand the shocks up ....try one hole at a time to see the difference each time you change. Try the oil first, drive it and then make another change. One change at a time.

Good Luck....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.