Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rex,Top,Novarossi ? Confused >

Rex,Top,Novarossi ? Confused

Rex,Top,Novarossi ? Confused

Old 12-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

exactly, this is what I wanted you to think about..........

at World level events, the fastest guys simply have things we cannot buy unless if we are in the right place in the right time and even so we must agree that when we get a "team" engine, we only did it because the one who supplied to you has other even better.......

anyway, what I mean is that I don't believe top or rex engines are below the Nova line..........
Old 12-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
anyway, what I mean is that I don't believe top or rex engines are below the Nova line..........
They aren't!!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
exactly, this is what I wanted you to think about..........

at World level events, the fastest guys simply have things we cannot buy unless if we are in the right place in the right time and even so we must agree that when we get a "team" engine, we only did it because the one who supplied to you has other even better.......

Hi Salvadori !, a long time without hear about you man !!! ...

Fala para o pessoal la no Brasil que ainda tenho saudade, tou facendo o possivel para voltar pelo menos no 2007 e correr novamente la !, falou !!

Old 12-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

hello pato!!!
glad to hear from you too........

esperamos por você aqui!!!

abraço!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

They are the same engine produce by novarossi. The three brands are just marketing & distribution strategy.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

From my experience, the prices go REX>NOVA>TOP, tho to me those engines look the same, the guys at my LHS told me there are slight differences porting/tuning between these three, also there are a tiny difference in quality control wise (something like the computer processors, ie: Intel's Prentium & Celeron are both based on the same CORE design, but Prentium are chosen from the best chips produced while the rest are left to make the Celerons). Just my little thoughts.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

What is the difference between the Top/legend novarossi brand?
Old 12-22-2015, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
From my experience, the prices go REX>NOVA>TOP, tho to me those engines look the same, the guys at my LHS told me there are slight differences porting/tuning between these three, also there are a tiny difference in quality control wise (something like the computer processors, ie: Intel's Prentium & Celeron are both based on the same CORE design, but Prentium are chosen from the best chips produced while the rest are left to make the Celerons). Just my little thoughts.
Maybe material quality, for hign end engine we pay for the material and reliability
Old 12-22-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Bc I'm trying to decide between the virtus top elite and lengend .12
Old 12-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Motorman
it goes like this

Top quality fit and finish parts go into genuine Novarossi's
2nd level into Top
3rd level into Rex

All good parts just different levels of tolerance control. Even though those tolerance levels are extremly small (smaller than 90% of the rc racing world has the equipment to measure even if they knew what they were looking for)there is a difference in performance. Hence the reason the durability and performance of the true Novarossi is superior as is the price. you get what you pay for in many cases.
Never heard that...so if i order a piston/sleeve replacement i should tell the parts dealer i want a Novarossi spec set? Only the good parts go to team red dot motors... The rest will be the same...Dont think Novarossi would tier their parts....
Old 12-27-2015, 02:51 AM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Never heard that...so if i order a piston/sleeve replacement i should tell the parts dealer i want a Novarossi spec set? Only the good parts go to team red dot motors... The rest will be the same...Dont think Novarossi would tier their parts....
It used to be lke this. Theese days, they brought back Top and Rex to sell of overstock parts at first.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

they are the same quality parts and materials... also they are also current, they are not being made with old leftover parts.... The idea behind the different brands i to allow Nova to have multiple distributes in a competing territory...
Old 12-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Maximo
they are the same quality parts and materials... also they are also current, they are not being made with old leftover parts.... The idea behind the different brands i to allow Nova to have multiple distributes in a competing territory...
Novarossi is the house brand, so as a company their marketing budget, factory drivers, and factory tuned engines will GENERALLY be Novarossi branded, but I have seen top drivers such as Flavio Elias and Mark Green running Rex engines on occasion.

The current Rex engines for .21 on road are the Legend 9 & 7, these are "Keep-On" based engine (these are both 17.6mm stroke engines).

The 7 port version using a sleeve similar to the Kangaroo porting but for this engine design.

The current Top engines for .21 on road are the Elite 9 & 7, these are based on the old "Kangaroo" engines (16.8mm stroke engines), using the 14mm crank shaft design, the 7 port version is a straight copy of the Ison .21.

The 9 port version uses a special 9 port sleeve designed to slip into the Kangaroo style crankcase, similar in philosophy to what Max RP9.0 engines are doing and the Ielasi Tuned 9CL engines.

I think the range of engine brands have become much clearer than they were a few years ago, Top engines probably rev a bit higher, Rex engines probably have more low end grunt.

Novarossi Mito 9C engines at the moment probably have more power everywhere to be fair, but it's nothing to do with materials, just the 35 Plus 21 engines they're based on had gobs of torque and great top end, as far as timings go they're all relatively similar to be fair, but the overall designs of the engines make them quite different.