Serpent 705

Old 11-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Magazine Photo 710 (RC Driver)

Originally posted by PhatPat
4 MM Chassis, Below deck steering servo, graphite radio tray, unique adjustable front and rear roll-centers, active rear-toe change, multiple position shock brackets, externally adjustable shocks, low inertia CENTAX III clutch, fine pictch pinions and gears, externally adjustable rear diff, easy access split front and rear axle blocks, race proven quality and durability.
hi nice info u got there!!! wat magazine is tat?
Old 11-04-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Magazine Photo 710 (RC Driver)

Originally posted by PhatPat
4 MM Chassis, Below deck steering servo, graphite radio tray, unique adjustable front and rear roll-centers, active rear-toe change, multiple position shock brackets, externally adjustable shocks, low inertia CENTAX III clutch, fine pictch pinions and gears, externally adjustable rear diff, easy access split front and rear axle blocks, race proven quality and durability.
Ok,sign me up for half a dozen of them !!!

Why would they release a centax III clutch when the II isn't very old?
Old 11-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Solid Front Axle Revisited...

About the SS316, you got that right
its about 30 grams!!, stock alu was 12 gr or so.

I think the front solid axle scrubs some speed away in the mid corner causing it to understeer.
....Make sense to me, thank you.

What rear droop were you using?
.... I forgot to write down, but Im sure that is very little less than 1.5mm (chasis uptravel) because I always check it before starts.
I will try to add more rear droop and more rear camber to see wether it helps.

Im using 40 FR and 40 RR

I will keep on using this solid axle, because the difference in On/Off power steering is not as much as when using 1 way and makes it easier to drive for me. What do you think?
Old 11-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Magazine Photo 710 (RC Driver)

Originally posted by InitialD
proficar403 (Arun), I think the next time you think of something excellent like the split rear bulkheads, patent it man !!
Seriously, If they split the rear just like I did, I am going to be kind of disappointed. I sent serpent-usa an email with my pics and ideas. Serpent-usa replied, but said that they were not in charge of anything in that department, but they liked my ideas. They forwarded my message to the serpent headquarters, but I never got a reply from them. All I want is an email . At least there is proof on this board that I came up with it .

This doesn't change the fact that I can't wait to get one! I think that EVERYONE will see this car as the best one out there. It appears to have all the latest technology plus a bunch more. Too bad its winter .
Old 11-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Magazine Photo 710 (RC Driver)

Originally posted by JA5ON
hi nice info u got there!!! wat magazine is tat?
tried the link that was shown in the scanned MAG ad... but no LINK....

can trust the ad?

mop
Old 11-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Magazine Photo 710 (RC Driver)

Originally posted by Proficar403
All I want is an email . At least there is proof on this board that I came up with it .
Well, that's life... Hopefully Julius will read this and try to sort things out to see if their ideas were indeed original.

Perhaps Serpent Holland was horrified to see similarities of ideas and decided to keep mum before the release of the 710. Just a guess...

Too bad its winter .
Hey, come over here where it's sunny the whole year round... That it if it's not raining !
Old 11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Solid Front Axle Revisited...

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I will keep on using this solid axle, because the difference in On/Off power steering is not as much as when using 1 way and makes it easier to drive for me. What do you think?
I'll probably keep using the front solid axle and practise more with it. More like on small tight technical tracks where braking would be useful. For flowing tracks with sweepers, I still prefer the one way. I want speed !
Old 11-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Seriously, If they split the rear just like I did, I am going to be kind of disappointed. I sent serpent-usa an email with my pics and ideas. Serpent-usa replied, but said that they were not in charge of anything in that department, but they liked my ideas. They forwarded my message to the serpent headquarters, but I never got a reply from them. All I want is an email . At least there is proof on this board that I came up with it .

This doesn't change the fact that I can't wait to get one! I think that EVERYONE will see this car as the best one out there. It appears to have all the latest technology plus a bunch more. Too bad its winter .
I've shown it to members of Serpent, and also to Rene Cornella (you know the man of the 710) and he said that he likes people who are trying to improve the car but that this mod only weakens the car alot.

If somebody on this web has a good mod i always show them if i speak the guys from Serpent!
Old 11-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Magazine Photo 710 (RC Driver)

Originally posted by Schrijver99
I've shown it to members of Serpent, and also to Rene Cornella (you know the man of the 710) and he said that he likes people who are trying to improve the car but that this mod only weakens the car alot.
If indeed the 710 pic from the magazine is true, then I would say that the front part would also be weak. The upper graphite radio tray does not extend to the front like the current 705 upper radio tray. This would make the chassis have the tendency to flex in the front. I guess that is the reason why a 4 mm chassis is introduced.

Originally posted by Schrijver99
If somebody on this web has a good mod i always show them if i speak the guys from Serpent!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hi nice info u got there!!! wat magazine is that?

The magazine is new. It's called "RC Driver" (January 2004 Issue)
Old 11-05-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

You can rest assured we didn't use your idea without mentioning your name.

The 710 project started close to one and a half years ago and getting diffs (front and rear) changed easier was one of the many things we wanted to incorporate. Even the first prototype that ran in autumn 2002 had the feature. Actually I think the G4 has the feature as well in the rear.

One other thing; If we use an idea someone sends us, we will give them credit. It may however take until we actually market the product. Let's say you sent the idea 2 years ago and a few moths later Serpent sends you a mail: "Thanks man we have incorporated it in our new upcoming car." How long will you keep that rumor under wraps?

Julius
Old 11-05-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

julius what's the reasoning with going to a fixed pivot
point on the new rear upright wouldn't the old one be
more adjustable with the shims for the upright
Old 11-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

If you can't move one end up and down, you'll need to move the other pivot point of the arm. How? You'll find out soon!

Julius

I hope you understand I can only say so much at the moment.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

thank you i know you can only give so much info.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Proficar403
If you can't make it to Malaysia, come to Hawaii. Its also sunny here all year except when it rains

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.