Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TeamOrion GP3700SP2 Cells

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

He is saying they keep the top 1-2% in that batch....the following batches, they set NOTHING aside, so it get shipped to the customer...

My last 2000 cell order, we set nothing aside....sold it all, 300+ packs.

Our current order, 2000 cells again....300+ packs.... I took two packs for Dumas for cleveland.....they were just crazy runtime....there wasw stuff with higher voltage and just a little less runtime...the two packs i grabbed though.....had two twins, which were both sold to a customer....

All our stuff is in stock, feel free to buy it up....sold 150+ packs in 5 days....doubt we will have anything left come next week.

www.teambrood.com

IB3800 packs are hot hot hot....everyone wants them and we cannot get them fast enough.....

Later EddieO
Old 11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

This whole thread has cleared up a lot of questions about the way batteries are handled and sold. I never imagened the type or amount of responses given just to new type of cell. The IB vs GP saga continues.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
$100.00? I would like to know where. I just looked at Stormer's site and Team edition Orion GP3700s are $59.99.

eerrrr any local hobby shop...or aren't we supposed to support those any more????
Old 11-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
eerrrr any local hobby shop...or aren't we supposed to support those any more????
All the tracks/hoppy shops I've seen Orion or Peak batteries sold at are priced competetively with SMC, Trinity, and others.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

ok then, I must be completely incapable of reading price tags in stores....sorry for any confusion I have caused for such a stupid error....
Old 11-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

ok then, I must be completely incapable of reading price tags in stores....sorry for any confusion I have caused for such a stupid error....
Or maybe you should shop around a bit?
Old 11-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

lol, maybe, but i like to buy where I race, only seems fair.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jarkkom
http://rczone.net/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=678

*cough* those $59 Team edition cell labels *cough*

this is the funniest thread in awhile
I don't think I understand. My post was in reference to GP3700s sold at Stormer Hobbies, no the packs that your post reference.

It is a funny thread. Someone posts in regard to a GP cell and a company that is unable to (or unwilling to) purchases GP cells begins bashing them. Why?

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 11-24-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

lol, maybe, but i like to buy where I race, only seems fair.
OK but that is not what you said earlier.

I admire your willingness to support your local shop. And I think it is not unrealistic to pay a little more to support them (I do). But I think if they really are $100.00, I would not buy them either. That price is unrealistic based on what they pay from their distributor.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The $100 price is the list price not what they actually sell for. For example if you go to the Associated website the FT TC4 is priced at ~$495.00. This is list price not street price.

Orion packs sell for $59.99-$89.99 depending on the grade of the cell and where you get them.

FYI, FT TC4's sell for ~$369.99
Old 11-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

I love all these battery wars....Eventually,its us the consumer who pays the money benefits.... Great...!!
Old 11-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I don't think I understand. My post was in reference to GP3700s sold at Stormer Hobbies, no the packs that your post reference.

It is a funny thread. Someone posts in regard to a GP cell and a company that is unable to (or unwilling to) purchases GP cells begins bashing them. Why?
Rick you need to understand that you and Oscar have been saying all along that the GP3700 is better than the IB3800. Now all of a sudden you admit that GP has a better cell and you guys have been using it for awhile to win some major races. Why was there a need for a new GP cell if what you guys have been saying is true ?

Please put all the politics aside the fact remains that the IB cells have more power than the GP cells. Maybe the new GP cell is closer to the IB cell. You guys should take more credit for having great drivers and a great motor program.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
You should ask guys like EA and other motor tuners. All that I know is that the IBs provide more power than the GP cells and if you run the same motor setup you will get more heat in the motor. This heat can only come from extra power of the cells.

Well, th IB3800's weigh more than the 3700's. Yes they have more power, but the motor must also push more weight. That is a recipie for increased heat...
Old 11-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes the IB's are alot stronger... but they are alot less durable. At least with the GP cell you dont have to chuck out more bread to protect your investment. Who would ever imagine that we would be back to adjusted amp rate charging and temp cutoffs?! I think both cells are great... the current IB's are definitely better for voltage/IR... but the average club racer with a 50$ charger would be unwise to invest in them. If cell tech hadnt developed so rapidly in the past year this wouldnt be an issue, the average racer could pony up for the expensive charger AFTER the initial learning curve of racing. The $$$ "saved" through matcher competition is absorbed by replaced support equipment... so where are the so called "savings"? Not to mention cells purchased as little as two months ago are the Pentium II's of R/C. So if every few months a newer, faster, less IR cell is released... is it really doing the industry any good... regardless of the manufacturer?? The facts are this hobby has less people involved than ever before... local tracks come and go like "workers" on Hollywood Boulevard... and classes are sparse by comparison. I remember single class E mains in offroad in the early 90's at local CLUB RACES. And multiple tracks, even here on the east coast, were within an hour of your local track. Im sorry but, if the same energy put into "my cell is better than yours" was placed into regulation of the hobby... then we might actually have a better hobby... in the long run. Just my .02c.

- DaveW
Old 11-25-2005, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Yes the IB's are alot stronger... but they are alot less durable. At least with the GP cell you dont have to chuck out more bread to protect your investment. Who would ever imagine that we would be back to adjusted amp rate charging and temp cutoffs?! I think both cells are great... the current IB's are definitely better for voltage/IR... but the average club racer with a 50$ charger would be unwise to invest in them. If cell tech hadnt developed so rapidly in the past year this wouldnt be an issue, the average racer could pony up for the expensive charger AFTER the initial learning curve of racing. The $$$ "saved" through matcher competition is absorbed by replaced support equipment... so where are the so called "savings"? Not to mention cells purchased as little as two months ago are the Pentium II's of R/C. So if every few months a newer, faster, less IR cell is released... is it really doing the industry any good... regardless of the manufacturer?? The facts are this hobby has less people involved than ever before... local tracks come and go like "workers" on Hollywood Boulevard... and classes are sparse by comparison. I remember single class E mains in offroad in the early 90's at local CLUB RACES. And multiple tracks, even here on the east coast, were within an hour of your local track. Im sorry but, if the same energy put into "my cell is better than yours" was placed into regulation of the hobby... then we might actually have a better hobby... in the long run. Just my .02c.

- DaveW
Since this 3700 forum has turn into a SMC one, using a LRP and Pitbull3 charger. I charged both IAW the website's direction"30mv" and discharge them using the intergy 30 tray and between 2-3 race weekends the cell' shrink wrap will start coming off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.