Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Pulsar 2 vs. Pitbull X3

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can't turn them all off. Whenever you scroll through the menu it still sounds like an old pac man game. It also doesn't have a motor run function like the Pulsar 2. I love my T35 & ever other Competition Electronics product I've had but not the X3 so much.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

I have both of these chargers. The Pitbull X3 false peaked on my 3800s every time. Competition Electronics said I just need to send it in for a free software update. All I'd have to do is pay for shipping. That's great customer service, even though I haven't taken advantage yet. I didn't fiddle with the lockout though. I was just using my Pulsar 2 to charge the 3800s.

Some people complain that the beeping of the Pitbull is annoying. I disabled them all but the DONE tone. Really, it gets annoying when I go to the track and sit near someone with a Pulsar since I can't tell if it's my Pulsar beeping or someone elses since you can't change the tone on it.

Since you just need a charger go with the Pitbull.

Edit: so Charles can understand I was comparing my LRP to others LRP sounds.

Last edited by Rysuleod; 11-18-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Rysuleod- LRP comp 2 sounds like your Pitbull? ummmm....bull
I have two LRP that I bought new and you would not be able to hear my charger from your pit table if you were right next to my table. You obviously are not familiar with the LRP so don't make things up. I think he wants info from people that have actual knowledge.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:18 PM
M.J
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Such a hard desicsion..
What do more people use.

I'd think the pulsr i have seen alot of them in the pits am i right?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

why not try aps dyno charge. it has more much more has to offer at a lower price.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.J
Such a hard desicsion..
What do more people use.

I'd think the pulsr i have seen alot of them in the pits am i right?
i have the older pitbull and older lrp pulsar1.

they both work well. the pitbull goes lower on the peak detect. but you cant go wrong with either.

i say pitbull. =)
Old 11-18-2005, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well I'll put it this way,go to any major race event, and you will see more CE chargers than anything else.That should speak volume's over the rest.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Charles
Rysuleod- LRP comp 2 sounds like your Pitbull? ummmm....bull
I have two LRP that I bought new and you would not be able to hear my charger from your pit table if you were right next to my table. You obviously are not familiar with the LRP so don't make things up. I think he wants info from people that have actual knowledge.
You sir are a fruitcake. Spend more time posting something useful instead of bashing my opinion. Maybe if you READ what I said you'd understand. Let me sum up for you since you have a short attention span. LRP makes one beep sound, it sounds like everyone elses LRP sound, it makes it hard to tell when mine is done. The Pitbull has adjustable sounds, I mentioned nothing about one sounding like the other you dimwitted monkey turd.

The Pitbull beeping isn't that annoying to me. Yes it's loud, but how often are you changing charge profiles? Maybe if you are a fanatical charge profile tweaker the sound will be bothersome. I am not a fanatical charge profile tweaker. I disabled all my sounds except the charge complete sound. Yes I did forget to mention the menu beeps. Oh my god, the horror!

Since you're being so anal retentive I did also forget to mention the other fantastic features of the LRP like the backlit display, discharge, motor run in, and cycling of the batteries.

Remember reading is fundamental.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

for those who have not figured out how to turn off the sound on the pitbull x3. i just verified this on both my chargers.
press your text audio button
scroll through the menu till you get to PB Sound
set the number value to ZERO
if the charger does not save the changes it will still beep
so i kept scrolling the menu with the text audio button till the charger said
saving settings (changes)
i then pressed the start button till the charger errored
then reset.
you have to save the new settings
the only beeping i leave on is the error function in case something happens.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hyper1
Well I'll put it this way,go to any major race event, and you will see more CE chargers than anything else.That should speak volume's over the rest.
Craig, MuchMore is making a hard charge to become the top charger on the market. I saw 2-to-1 muchmore chargers over CE at the the roar nats.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Craig, MuchMore is making a hard charge to become the top charger on the market. I saw 2-to-1 muchmore chargers over CE at the the roar nats.
That's because Much More works hard to put those chargers on the pit tables of pros, so you (the consumer) will see it and then buy it. Regardless of who has what in their pit area, CE will still be the industry standard for batteries far longer than Much More
Let's see what this can of worms will do...
Old 11-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

My muchrmore charger has "CE" sticker on the bottom left corner... it looks similar desing to pitbull aswell... i wouldnt be suprised if they are made by the same factory
Old 11-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea When you give away your product it's easy to have a lot in the pits! I just came back from the ovalmasters (over 100 drivers) and CE was dominate there.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:54 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I have an APS & an Ice. Love both. The APS has everything but discharge, but has the motor dyno feature. That's what I have the Ice for.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Just picked up my first Pitbull x3.
What peak detect is everybody using for IB3800s?
I tried a .020 and it got the pack alot warmer (145 deg) than using a GFX at a .02 (usually around 130-135 deg).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.