Like Tree1Likes

New Team Durango DEX210F Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Got some race news.

Ran yesterday on a newer configuration of this track, dirt is pretty much the same and alot of the layout:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The big kicker was the wind, and I mean wind. It was probably the worst it has ever been, with basically a driving wind so strong that you could feel the dirt (more like sand) just grating your skin. If you didn't have at a minimum sunglasses or full on goggles you would be toast. Even with that at times the gusts were such that it was still hard to see, let alone hear anything. Nitro vehicles revving to be flipped over could at times get missed.

My impressions pretty much can be summed up in this:

You need a lot more weight on the rear end to get the vehicle to work if the tires don't have the maximum bite possible. I would say if say an soft compound is common for a tire, you probably want the next softest one instead if its dry loose, etc. I could see a big diff in handling when I went from heavy panther step pin tires and the allow rear hub carriers to the stock ones and a Jconcepts green compound tires to get better bite.

The car was just all over the place. I did try a few things to try and generate more rear grip:

- Move the rear hubs forward
- Softer springs rear
- Move rear link position down on the tower from stock
- Went from 5K to 3K on the diff

Unfortunately with the wind and conditions I couldn't get the vehicle to plant. Now, mind you, the first heat had more water on the surface, and that made a BIG difference in handling as there was a tiny bit or traction at that point. But with the driving wind, it was dustbowl conditions and unfortunately I didn't have enough tire types to get to a base that would work for the conditions. Maybe a Proline M4 caliber would have been a better choice but outside of that, not sure what else from a tire perspective.

so that pretty much sums up my initial experience. there is potential there but it will definitely need a lot of work to get to something driveable if you have very little traction. Was worth a try though lol.

Oh, and i broke one of the rear wing mounts off of a bad jump where the wing caught and had me come down on that wing.
I image its super tough to drive this car on this type of track Cain. Not impossible but would probably need a bunch of tinkering to make it work. I'm assuming that you added some toe in on the rear? Also what was your ride height at and where did you end up at on your rear suspension? You may also need to adjust the front caster and go with a heavier spring to dumb down the front end if your getting a bunch of oversteer. Anyway, just some thoughts. Also did you buy extra wing mounts? I mentioned in this or the V5 thread about coating the outside of the mounts with 2-part expoxy. I've taken some gnarly hits and haven't broken any more mounts since doing this.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yeah i added in at least 1 degree of toe, I think ride height was bones level or slightly above.

For rear suspension other than going with a lighter spring and I was already running 1.7 3 hole pistons I left it at that.

The steering was odd to say the least. It wasn't biting hard. To be honest, when there was traction I was thinking of getting tires with more grip before I tried different tires.

The big thing is weight, weight, weight.

I didn't epoxy the wing mounts, I need to look at your picture again to see what you did. It broke right where the screw goes into the wing mount as its too thing. And considering they of course have to come on a parts tree, its expensive to replace.

Come on exotek ...
Old 05-24-2016, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Could someone measure the outside diameter of the differential casing, around where the ring gear is?

I'm looking into doing a unique project with this car
Old 05-24-2016, 07:12 PM
Tech Legend

sent the measurements.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I just ordered the 210f won't see it until August it's on back order everywhere. ☹️

I will be running it mod and maybe stock on hard pack high bite clay at SRS Phoenix on slicks.

The equipment I will be running is.
Team Orion R10 pro
Trinity 24k 6.5/ Trinity D4 1S maxzilla 17.5
Trinity batt
Haven't decided on servo.
Airtronics
12m hex since i have a lot of tries and rims😀
AKA slicks with black inserts.

I am looking for some advice on a place to start with setup and gearing.

Should I set it up like my B5M with shock placement and ride height and weight placement. Or should I start from scratch?

Gearing setup would be different I am guessing.

Thanks for any input.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How can Durango cars be out of stock all the time with parts not being easily available yet you see so few of them?
Old 06-13-2016, 06:14 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by KnightRC
Well I just ordered the 210f won't see it until August it's on back order everywhere. ☹️

I will be running it mod and maybe stock on hard pack high bite clay at SRS Phoenix on slicks.

The equipment I will be running is.
Team Orion R10 pro
Trinity 24k 6.5/ Trinity D4 1S maxzilla 17.5
Trinity batt
Haven't decided on servo.
Airtronics
12m hex since i have a lot of tries and rims��
AKA slicks with black inserts.

I am looking for some advice on a place to start with setup and gearing.

Should I set it up like my B5M with shock placement and ride height and weight placement. Or should I start from scratch?

Gearing setup would be different I am guessing.

Thanks for any input.

start with stock setup that fits your conditions. It was pretty much spot on.

I would order some Mckune (or whatever they are called) slipper pads personally, which are similar in material from what I can tell to RC Shox.

I would also get the exotek front 12mm hex setup and use exotek rear 12mm hexes. the included ones are plastic.

Last edited by Cain; 06-14-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't really want to run it stock. My stock car is perfect at the moment.

I was hoping I could get it to work mod or figure out a way.

I will take a look at those parts.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Tech Legend

I am not referring to "stock" by that i mean 17.5 blinky. I am referring to the out of the box "stock" setups. There are two of them listed, one for carpet and another i believe that is "clay". I would start with one of the too that appears to fit what you consider your conditions best.

For motors I think on those setups they use mod motors too, I ran those setups in a "stock" 17.5 class and they were excellent.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:42 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finally finished publishing my DEX210F build http://durangofansite.com/main.php?v...ld&buildpage=0
Old 06-27-2016, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, i have a question for the Dex210F owners. The Rear Suspension Hanger of 210F are valid for Dex210v3?

REF:
TDR320351
TDR320348

i have a DEX210v3 and i think that the system of DEX210F is much better than the original. I like to know if this pieces have the same dimensions and can be used in DEX210v3. Making the appropiate holes, of course. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys! Exotek came out with aluminum wing mounts for the 210F and V5 buggies! If you've had issues with the stick plastic peices like I have these will be a must have!

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex410v5...ount-set-7075/
Old 08-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Small Update to the front page. The car doesn't need much to be awesome, and with the alloy wing mounts the car is a solid front runner!
Old 08-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Legend

+1 . I was highly impressed with the car on carpet with basically the stock carpet setup.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Any thoughts to this buggy on medium to high bite clay dirt tracks? Would it be a good one for running spec classes like 17.5?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.